KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Age

Dragon Age
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BoratBorat
Why do you have to wait till the 6th? You live in europe?

UK, not out until the 6th roll eyes (sarcastic) sad

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 05:20 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Exile

Looks great on my 360. Love the game btw!!!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 11:08 PM
Dark Exile is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Exile a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Exile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Smasandian
Not really turn base at all. Everything happens in real time. It's strategic real time combat.

I wouldn't like to call it turn based per se, but its the only word off the top of my head to categorize the auto attack and defense system.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 12:54 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Burning thought
UK, not out until the 6th roll eyes (sarcastic) sad

The place I ordered it send it by mail 4th so I had it the 5th, it was funny to show the sms that said they was packing it to some of my friends, they could have killed me on the spot wink

And I'll just join the masses, I love this game.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 03:48 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I'm loving it. the graphics aren't as bad as people say.

well the tress are but the rest I don't think so

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 05:59 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

The only thing I don't like about the graphics are the strange looking pools of blood. It looks to me like a velvet cloth suddenly making its way from the body. Although I do play games that are graphically strong, the graphics in Dragon age are indeed lesser, but are still charming. The fantasy element to their design makes it look nice enough not to distract or bother me away from the main attraction which is the depth and story. I also enjoy the challenge so far, I don't usually play games of the like being more into hack and slash action RPGs like Diablo so playing a tactical game of this genre was hard to get used to and its been a long time since Neverwinter 2.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: love the challenge of the first boss, the Ogre thing, probably easy for people who know what to do but the Ogre required luck and a lot of cunning for me to defeat

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 08:57 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yea it was tough for me too, Only ending up beating it because my dog wasn't really getting hit while i was focusing on everyone else

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 07:52 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I've been having a lot of fun with this game. I think there are a lot of balance issues with the difficulty and the interface could use a lot of work but most of us aren't playing this game for the battle system and deep customization. I think most of us are playing this game for the atmosphere and story and those are the two aspects that this game excel at. It doesn't quite feel like you're playing a D&D game come to life but it definitely feels like you're playing an interactive fantasy novel. I'm very impressed with the dialogue (for the most part) and the voice acting.

With all of that aside. I do have to admit that i've gotten tired of constantly setting traps and puling the all to compliant AI enemies into my awaiting party. Once you figure this strategy out the game becomes effortless. Or, you could just use your Bow and drop enemies one at a time from afar. Still very fun game and i do appreciate that they've incorporated both real time and turn based game play.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 08:10 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

bah!, traps and arrows, a huge column of fire or a fireball is a lot more fun a way of dispatching large groups of opponents! wink although your way is far safer for your own team I guess.....

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 09:03 PM
Admiral Akbar

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I've been having a lot of fun with this game. I think there are a lot of balance issues with the difficulty and the interface could use a lot of work but most of us aren't playing this game for the battle system and deep customization. I think most of us are playing this game for the atmosphere and story and those are the two aspects that this game excel at. It doesn't quite feel like you're playing a D&D game come to life but it definitely feels like you're playing an interactive fantasy novel. I'm very impressed with the dialogue (for the most part) and the voice acting.

With all of that aside. I do have to admit that i've gotten tired of constantly setting traps and puling the all to compliant AI enemies into my awaiting party. Once you figure this strategy out the game becomes effortless. Or, you could just use your Bow and drop enemies one at a time from afar. Still very fun game and i do appreciate that they've incorporated both real time and turn based game play.

The trap strategy does sound effortless, but I think my strategy is even more effortless. I gather up all the mobs with my tank using threaten and taunt, and then have my mage(s) envelop him in an energy shield negating all the damage done to him while the rest of my party nukes.

What difficulty do you play the game on? I play it on the max difficulty. It's a pain in the ass, but I enjoy it.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 11:34 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
The trap strategy does sound effortless, but I think my strategy is even more effortless. I gather up all the mobs with my tank using threaten and taunt, and then have my mage(s) envelop him in an energy shield negating all the damage done to him while the rest of my party nukes.

What difficulty do you play the game on? I play it on the max difficulty. It's a pain in the ass, but I enjoy it.

laughing out loud Yeah, i love the Tank strategy but i royally screwed myself early on in choosing my skills. It didn't help that i also dropped many of my Early points in cunning and dexterity when i was planning on being a tank. My mage and rogue is more of a tank than my warriors atm laughing out loud I'm playing on hard and i doubt i'll play on anything harder. Demon Soul on PS3 has been torturing me with it's difficulty, so, i'm looking for a more casual experience with, Dragon Age laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 12:38 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

bah!, traps and arrows, a huge column of fire or a fireball is a lot more fun a way of dispatching large groups of opponents! wink although your way is far safer for your own team I guess.....

Yeah, i really wish that i would have chosen the mage class. It seems like the story is centered more around them. My Mage serves primarily as defense. Sad to say, she usually ends up not doing much of anything sad

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 12:42 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well your tactics are probably far more practical for a victory, a column of fire can do as much damage to your party as it does to the enemy lol....but its an impressive spell.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 01:15 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry for double post but is there a way of making a rogue character disarm traps automatically? I used to play Neverwinter 2 a long time ago and the rogue automatically disarmed traps, at least when out of combat but my rogue is not.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 12:17 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Well, I don't think you can do it automatically because you don't always see the trap, but there might be a way in the tactics menu somewhere.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 07:45 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

My mage is fairly formidable now, Ive had a few times where I have struggled against certain foes but now I can mass paralyze, inferno and shield I have a fair few options.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 12:26 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

My Rogue is a Duelist/Ranger, and I just summon my wolf, Bear, and Spider at the same time, and since it's maxed out, I have the strongest versions.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 03:24 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do not read below if you've not become intimate with Morrigan or initiated any personal quests from her:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: When Flemeth becomes a dragon, I feel I have little chance, I have gotten her down to half her health but Ive killed Wynn and Morrigan (who cannot be present for the battle) was my healer so I am facing a dragon with a fresh character who ive not fought with often (sten) who fights two handed melee dps, Alistair is the tank and my dog is backup. Me being a mage I throw weakness on her, shield alistair and proceed with full out nukage with the death cloud and inferno spells and a few fireballs but this only gets her down to half her health and we all are annihilated. I am level 14. I can see how not having a healer or maybe a rogue/more range is sort of damaging my chances

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 08:13 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

On to my second play through now big grin

I am happy i bought this rather than MW2.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 02:34 PM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Do not read below if you've not become intimate with Morrigan or initiated any personal quests from her:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: When Flemeth becomes a dragon, I feel I have little chance, I have gotten her down to half her health but Ive killed Wynn and Morrigan (who cannot be present for the battle) was my healer so I am facing a dragon with a fresh character who ive not fought with often (sten) who fights two handed melee dps, Alistair is the tank and my dog is backup. Me being a mage I throw weakness on her, shield alistair and proceed with full out nukage with the death cloud and inferno spells and a few fireballs but this only gets her down to half her health and we all are annihilated. I am level 14. I can see how not having a healer or maybe a rogue/more range is sort of damaging my chances

I had a rogue go at her back with Alister turning her towards the lake in order to minimize the flamebreaths damage to the rest of the party, got her to 25% and then total wipe sad

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 08:08 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote