KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Age

Dragon Age
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRxU...feature=related

As another poster described it as: F**KING EPICK!

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 10th, 2009 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 09:05 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Utrigita
I had a rogue go at her back with Alister turning her towards the lake in order to minimize the flamebreaths damage to the rest of the party, got her to 25% and then total wipe sad

Damn sad I just managed killing her, she was hard but by now ive fought harder battles. my tactic was to as you did, distract her so shes facing away from the group only I used my tank and he had about 55 fire res by then so he survived, once shes distracted I used a shield on him to make him immune then just smothered her in my AOE. Death cloud, inferno, fireball etc and although she killed me (mage), my dog and the tank, fortunatley Sten was sitting back because I had the party on the mode where they do not automatically make decisions and he drank down a health potion, only just surviving her fireballs as she died in my AOE big grin

The game is huge tho, I feel like ive done a ton yet I am only at 25% completion, maybe ive missed a few quests or the game really is that large, I am surprised theres people who have completed it.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 09:45 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Flemeth only becomes a dragon if you gon on Morrigan's quest to kill her, and you try to kill her instead of reasoning with her right?

And yeah, the game if huge as......as the world man, it's as huge as the world.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 06:25 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed lol, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: making sure she does not harm Morrigan was why I chose to kill her, seems pointless in the end though considering how your relationship with Morrigan changes

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 09:59 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Toad

I'm not liking the combat on the console.

Much too easy to die, esp. as a mage. Can't say as I'm having much fun with this one.

Should've gotten it for the PC.

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 10:43 PM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

tried lowering the difficulty?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 10:46 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does the difficulty actually change the power of opponents? I heard increasing difficulty simply made it more easy for you to harm your own with your powers and reduced drops of items such as potions. Although I have also heard nightmare adds more yellow and orange opponents to areas although personally, thats a fairly unrealistic difficulty since its unlikely theres a hostile champion around every corner. I play normal difficulty simply because it provides some challenge while not pushing it too much as I am a casual gamer.

Loving the game so far, still only 27% completion and I have visited and completed the main quests for elves, the Erl and the mages and am travelling the deep roads for the dwarves. Fought all kinds of beasties and have been proud of my tactics so far (I have the tactician achievement if thats worth anything).

I find that my combination of me (fire/spirit mage), Morrigan (healer/cold mage), shale as melee dps (or off tank if required) and Alistair as Tank works really well. Love my combination against large armies: Me= Fireball=Morrigan starts casting Blizzard--->me=Mass paralysis=Morrigan frost grasps major targets or cone of colds resistant melee targets running into range---->me=inferno, then Death cloud if their powerful--->melee destroy any survivors running from my mass AOE while I take out key single targets such as mages with paralysis and telekinetic prison and a few arcane bolts.

As I level I think ill get Morrigan to gain all the lightning row of spells, and Ill grab Earth. Then the large groups of opponents will have zero chance as they have Earthquake, death cloud, inferno, blizzard and tempest (storm of century ftw!) all ripping them apart. Bit overkill but whatever gets the job done.

As a side question, does anyone know how experiance works exactly? I often see exp rise over the head of whomever made the final strike to kill a foe, but does the whole team get this exp or just the one who actually killed the target?

Another side note, does the completion percentage hit 100% after you finish the main story or must you get every achievement, finish every side quest etc to gain it? are you guys who have somehow finished the main storyline already gain 100% Dragon age completion if youve missed some quests and achivements?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 11:00 PM
Mr. Toad

You know, while I'm sure it's better on PC, I take back what I said.

Progressing further, additional spells make this a lot easier and thus entertaining.

"She turned me into a newt!"

"...I got better."

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 07:43 AM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I remember originally that this game was PC exclusive.

It's meant for the PC. Mouse control is definitely needed.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 03:52 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Burning thought
Does the difficulty actually change the power of opponents? I heard increasing difficulty simply made it more easy for you to harm your own with your powers and reduced drops of items such as potions. Although I have also heard nightmare adds more yellow and orange opponents to areas although personally, thats a fairly unrealistic difficulty since its unlikely theres a hostile champion around every corner. I play normal difficulty simply because it provides some challenge while not pushing it too much as I am a casual gamer.

I've experimented with the difficulty. And easy does make them easier to kill i've noticed. and also less eneimies at a time when really hard enemy is there. I stick with normal tho

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 11:07 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hm I guess that makes for a diffrent experiance.

I will certainly be playing this game through at least a couple more times, just to see all the diffrent characters and reactions they have to the player character. Ill prob want to make a two hander wielding armoured Dwarf with Berserking and Reaver, ill play him as a evil entity. Ive already started creating my more positive/light mage as my first was an evil one.

Also concerning events on the Brood mother and what comes after her:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: She was not in my opinion that difficult, I found the Golem afterwards (having chosen to use the anvil to create golems) more difficult. She seems simply a test of how long you can survive and use your resources as she took a very long time to kill, I had to slap down all my AOE several times before she died, useing my whole supply of Lyrium potions to keep my mages fireing

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 01:27 AM
Utrigita

The party I'm running atm is Alister (tank CC) Morrigan (DPS/CC) Wynne (healer and supporter) and me (full dps), things die quickly and Wynne's rune on the ground that increases mana regen is a blessing from the maker big grin

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 01:47 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

hm a rune on the ground? is that spellbloom?

Any romances? wink

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 05:44 PM
KingD19

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Did you know even as a man, you can sleep with Zevran??

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 07:44 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes Ive heard that somewhere lol, although personally I dont swing that way Ill prob stil ltry it out just to see what they say.

I wonder what kind of relationship you can have with Shale/Shayle lol

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 08:56 PM
KingD19

Same here, I just did it to get the achievement.

It would be funny, but I don't think you can actually do anything with Shale, you'd get a massive case of crushed balls. I always wondered why I was checking Shale's butt out, now I don't feel so akward once I found out about Shale's backstory.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 09:02 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol, "sigh" I dont have many achievements, I mix and match too many trees in gameplay to get the achivements at the bottom of the list which reward you for mastering a specific skill list and ive only had one romance (Morrigan).

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 09:07 PM
KingD19

I romanced Morrigan, and then Zevran(only for the achievement, I SWEAR!!!). I tried with Leliana, but I'm pretty sure the only way you can get her is if you don't do anything with Morrigan.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 09:14 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by KingD19
I romanced Morrigan, and then Zevran(only for the achievement, I SWEAR!!!). I tried with Leliana, but I'm pretty sure the only way you can get her is if you don't do anything with Morrigan.

I think i'm almost there. she asked about it and I convinced her nothing happened. And she didn't understand what Morrigan was talking about in the I'm not sharing conversation.

Shes also like a hair away from white on the bar

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 11:00 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Burning thought
yes Ive heard that somewhere lol, although personally I dont swing that way Ill prob stil ltry it out just to see what they say.

I wonder what kind of relationship you can have with Shale/Shayle lol

Gotta shag 'em all!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 12:11 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote