KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » The Predator vs The Creeper

The Predator vs The Creeper
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AlmightyBazzman
Brotherhood Paladin

Robtard, you didn't read any of what I just said, did you? Seriously, have a think about this! The Predator is clearly the loser here.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 04:35 AM
AlmightyBazzman is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyBazzman a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyBazzman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AlmightyBazzman
Now, the Predator's cloak would be useless, even Placidity is forgetting that the Creeper has superhuman hearing and sense of smell; he has two noses, basically, and he can smell fear.

Haha, well I don't think the hearing and sense of smell will be enough to pinpoint the Predator quickly enough.

Since the last time I posted in this thread, I don't actually remember much of the Creeper's feats rofl. If he has enhanced vision, supplemented by his other senses, he'll likely be able to spot the cloaked predator.

And about smelling fear... Predators fear nothing wink

Also, this thread reminds me Neme is not a nice guy.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 04:37 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyBazzman
Brotherhood Paladin

I'm pretty sure a rookie predator would fear something that it's plasma caster DIDN'T kill...

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 04:41 AM
AlmightyBazzman is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyBazzman a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyBazzman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Robtard, you didn't read any of what I just said, did you? Seriously, have a think about this! The Predator is clearly the loser here.

I did not. I went and did now though and I almost stopped when you said 'I speak Predator'. But I soldiered on and read the whole thing.

What I said, if the Predator only need KO the Creeper to win, then the Creeper is likely going down from having a hole blown through his chest. Wolverine-like smell isn't going to allow him to spot the Predator right away, I see plasma-caster going off first and hitting.

If it's to the death, Creeper likely wins. Creeper goes down as above; Predator goes in to collect his trophy as is his MO; if the Creeper can heal enough by the time the Predator gets close he rips the Predator a new one. While both immensely strong, Creeper can shred metal and that healing factor in a H2H fight is a huge plus.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 04:46 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Robtard

What I said, if the Predator only need KO the Creeper to win, then the Creeper is likely going down from having a hole blown through his chest. Wolverine-like smell isn't going to allow him to spot the Predator right away, I see plasma-caster going off first and hitting.

A hole in the chest isn't going to do much. Creeper had plenty of big holes in his torso in the film, didn't affect him much. Heck even had a pipe through his head.

Repeatedly being blasted by the canon though, I would have to think he goes down, and not getting back up any time soon.

Another thing I don't think we've considered yet is that whether the Predator will start off with going nuts with his Plasma Caster. I mean, in a one on one fight, he will likely fight with 'honor' and use his other bladed weapons. And if Creeper is unarmed, he might even only try to use his arm blades.

Depends on whether we're discussing a typical Predator in character, or one that is utilizing its full potential (i.e going all-out at go, no honor etc).

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 04:59 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Well done Placidity Creeper destroys a Predator

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 04:59 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyBazzman
Brotherhood Paladin

Ha. Win.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 05:02 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Placidity
A hole in the chest isn't going to do much. Creeper had plenty of big holes in his torso in the film, didn't affect him much. Heck even had a pipe through his head.

Repeatedly being blasted by the canon though, I would have to think he goes down, and not getting back up any time soon.

Another thing I don't think we've considered yet is that whether the Predator will start off with going nuts with his Plasma Caster. I mean, in a one on one fight, he will likely fight with 'honor' and use his other bladed weapons. And if Creeper is unarmed, he might even only try to use his arm blades.

Depends on whether we're discussing a typical Predator in character, or one that is utilizing its full potential (i.e going all-out at go, no honor etc).

I don't fully recall the damage, just that he took a lot of it and kept on trucking. Do recall that being run over repeatedly, he was ko'd and needed a short length of time to heal.

Don't think this kind of damage will put the Creeper out for a bit?

http://img11.imageshack.us/f/54498994.png/

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 06:33 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyBazzman
Brotherhood Paladin

I guess it depends where on the body, but in the second film, it was proved that he can function fully with half a head, so It might falter him, but i doubt it would stop him.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 06:56 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Robtard
I don't fully recall the damage, just that he took a lot of it and kept on trucking. Do recall that being run over repeatedly, he was ko'd and needed a short length of time to heal.

Don't think this kind of damage will put the Creeper out for a bit?

http://img11.imageshack.us/f/54498994.png/

Well he got harpooned through the chest and proceeded to fly the whole truck into the air.

If its just one shot, he'll recover very quickly. But if its followed up by more shots, then he should be out.

Also a headshot should take knock him out.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 09:25 AM
AlmightyBazzman
Brotherhood Paladin

Well he got harpooned through the chest and proceeded to fly the whole truck into the air.

If its just one shot, he'll recover very quickly. But if its followed up by more shots, then he should be out.

Also a headshot should take knock him out.

Well, maybe it would knock him down to the head, but not kill him. He ripped half his head off himself and was completely fine. Yes, he needed to eat someone else's head to grow it back, but my point stands.

Anyway, i don't know canonically if this counts for much, but the psychic woman in the first Jeepers Creepers movie stated "I think it's eaten too many hearts for its own to ever stop..." Just sayin.

Plus, being in water affected the Predator's cloak, to the point it had to deactivate it. What about it a foggy environment? Or a dark, damp night? Would the water in the air affect the cloak? That's just a question. And actually find out, don't just pump up your chest and be all like: "It's a Predator, fog can't hurt it!" I'm asking a genuine question, so i want a genuine answer. This doesnt have to turn hostile like it did two years ago... lol

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 11:34 AM
McNasty996

What style plasma cannon are we using because as shown in Predators they have enough punch to completely blast apart a target as shown when Nolan dies.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 10:37 PM
McNasty996 is currently offline Click here to Send McNasty996 a Private Message Find more posts by McNasty996 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyBazzman
Brotherhood Paladin

Originally posted by McNasty996
What style plasma cannon are we using because as shown in Predators they have enough punch to completely blast apart a target as shown when Nolan dies.

Enough punch to kill a Human. The Creeper is not human. Its skin is much more dense and its body parts are much more closely compacted, and besides, as far as i know, he can't be killed, just fought off until he goes back into his slumber.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 12:44 AM
McNasty996

Those same cannons can punch a hole in the side of thier starship as evident in AVP Requim when one misses a shot and is responsible for the ship crashing when it hits the wall.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 04:16 AM
McNasty996 is currently offline Click here to Send McNasty996 a Private Message Find more posts by McNasty996 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyBazzman
Brotherhood Paladin

Originally posted by McNasty996
Those same cannons can punch a hole in the side of thier starship as evident in AVP Requim when one misses a shot and is responsible for the ship crashing when it hits the wall.

We're not counting AVP Requim in this, because apparantly, not only is the plasma caster way too powerful, but the Predator caught up to a train, and that just isn't possible. So forget everything from that.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 04:22 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

The think the creeper is gonna take this one. NOTHING can kill it

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 08:56 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Lestov16
The think the creeper is gonna take this one. NOTHING can kill it

What about Dark Phoenix? stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 09:23 AM
AlmightyBazzman
Brotherhood Paladin

What about Dark Phoenix? stick out tongue

Meh. He'd slap her and tell her to get back in the kitchen. :P Im sorry, im not actually sexist, i just watch too much RayWilliamJohnson. But honestly, for serious, that's not what this argument is about. I think it's clear this argument is over and the Creeper wins in more than 50% of this, so there.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 11:16 AM
Utrigita

We're not counting AVP Requim in this, because apparantly, not only is the plasma caster way too powerful, but the Predator caught up to a train, and that just isn't possible. So forget everything from that.

So now we just disregard the feats that we don't like?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 12:30 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Creeper ftw. Stronger, far better damage soak/healing factor, flies, and is a supernatural force powered by fate, or at the very least, is far less affected by laws of physics/biology than an alien on steroids. In a showdown between hi-tech and supernature, the latter is usually a much more able plot device, especially if the character is basically a personification of some abstract circumstance (in this case, the whole every 23 years bit, yada yada).

IIRC, no same Pred ever came back to be in his own sequel. Supernatural creatures do it as routine, because they're that unstoppable.

cool

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 12:37 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote