KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » What if Stick trained Spider-Man. How much better would he be?

What if Stick trained Spider-Man. How much better would he be?
Started by: Eternalfury

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
We both are smarter than you.

maybe in your dreams, in reality however I doubt it.

Just because I do not waste my time with spell check or grammar does not mean I lack intelligences.

What you have in common is your both cocky, are dicks, think you better then others and for some foolish reason think people you dislike, don't feel the same way about you.

Old Post May 19th, 2009 10:03 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I've actually just been messing with you this entire time.

lol though

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 19th, 2009 05:34 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

sorry about that, I was in a bad mood last night because of work I apologies for that. I also dislike Nuul a lot he an ass whole, however you are fine. You do it all in good fun, dont take anything I said serously I was just having a bad day.

Old Post May 20th, 2009 01:47 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Battlehammer
your suposes to better then this, rather uncalled for.

But if it was any other character, you probably wouldn't care, right?

Old Post May 20th, 2009 02:18 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Accel
But if it was any other character, you probably wouldn't care, right?

Actually I would.

Find it so funny how he consistently attacked well beyond any other character on the forum

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 07:20 PM
Accel

Yes, because what Digi said was just such a brutal attack.

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 08:26 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Accel
Yes, because what Digi said was just such a brutal attack.

Was not needed, he a mod he should be above that and it done so quite a few times.

back on topic. Spiderman would increase his spider sense dramatically from training with stick.

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 08:31 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Like he did in that What if?

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 10:14 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Battlehammer
oh pleases spiderman style is stupid. all he doing is using his powers, it not more effective then any single martial art, thats a load of BS. He not a skilled fighter. It very easy to predict, if not for spider senses he be far more screwed when fighting top MA's. He would be vastly better if stick trained him. He not only become better at fighting, he generate more power, he be faster and his spider senses would dramatically increase

That's the beauty of having powers isn't it? To use them? Where would Wolverine be without his healing factor and claws? Probably dead from old age by now. But seriously, he uses his powers to his advantage does his not? I think it would be silly not to use your powers.

I think if Spider-man fought the same way as everyone else it should bog him down and make him more predictable. He may perform more powerful and faster strikes than most people, which would help him when he needs it, but everyone knows what a "proper" punch looks like or a "proper" kick. Someone with more experience would be able to see it coming and maybe have an easier time handling it.

But no, it seems to happen in the reverse way. Fighting in an unorthodox style means you're easier to predict by martial artists. I'm not even saying this sarcastically to pick at you, although I am a little, it happens in the comics. You've seen that clip of Anderson Silvia uppercutting that guy with his elbow? Who expected that? Nobody. I bet when Tony Fryklund woke up and watched the clip he said to himself "Wow, I did not expect that."

One thing I will give you - For as well as Spider-man is known, and his his unorthodox moves, who would expect a regular, ma & pa, meat & potatoes high kick to the head from him? Probably nobody. That bad guy is going to wake up and ask what happen. When the cop... or shield agent, or whoever picks up villains, explains Spider-man went CroCop on him and kicked him in the head he'd say to himself "Wow, I did not expect that."

So formal training would probably help him a lot, but in addition to his current unorthodox style. I think that would easily make him twice as dangerous in hand to hand than anyone with comparable stats and experience who can't fight like gumby while doing flips in the air like Spider-man can.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 08:46 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
That's the beauty of having powers isn't it? To use them? Where would Wolverine be without his healing factor and claws? Probably dead from old age by now. But seriously, he uses his powers to his advantage does his not? I think it would be silly not to use your powers.

I think if Spider-man fought the same way as everyone else it should bog him down and make him more predictable. He may perform more powerful and faster strikes than most people, which would help him when he needs it, but everyone knows what a "proper" punch looks like or a "proper" kick. Someone with more experience would be able to see it coming and maybe have an easier time handling it.

But no, it seems to happen in the reverse way. Fighting in an unorthodox style means you're easier to predict by martial artists. I'm not even saying this sarcastically to pick at you, although I am a little, it happens in the comics. You've seen that clip of Anderson Silvia uppercutting that guy with his elbow? Who expected that? Nobody. I bet when Tony Fryklund woke up and watched the clip he said to himself "Wow, I did not expect that."

One thing I will give you - For as well as Spider-man is known, and his his unorthodox moves, who would expect a regular, ma & pa, meat & potatoes high kick to the head from him? Probably nobody. That bad guy is going to wake up and ask what happen. When the cop... or shield agent, or whoever picks up villains, explains Spider-man went CroCop on him and kicked him in the head he'd say to himself "Wow, I did not expect that."

So formal training would probably help him a lot, but in addition to his current unorthodox style. I think that would easily make him twice as dangerous in hand to hand than anyone with comparable stats and experience who can't fight like gumby while doing flips in the air like Spider-man can.
Perfect post, he would benefit from training but to *enhance* what he already knows, not to use the moves, although he can do those same normal movements much easier and with much less practice.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 09:02 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BUSTER1

Originally posted by SamZED
Although I agree that Spider-man would've been better if he got more training, what you said there is wrong. How is his style stupid? His style is build on his super speed, strength and agility. He uses every advantage he has to battle stronger opponents and for someone who doesn't have a special training that is anything but stupid..

thumb up Top post

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 05:36 PM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

May be after the training he would be smarter...smart enough not to make stupid deals with mephisto sad

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 03:20 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

just remembered about this scan (class 10 punch):

(please log in to view the image)

does anyone know how hard he hit IM (in terms of tons)

its says 9gx3000lbs psi

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 10:36 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

that was cool. from a spiderman that was smart, cool and funny. a time where he wouldnt do stupid deals with the devil sad

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 05:33 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote