KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Robocop (2014)

Robocop (2014)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 15 16 [17]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

Saw Robocop the other day. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I thought I was just signing on for a mindless action thrill ride. Well, that's certainly what I got but I also received it in a well directed and acted package that seemed to keep a perfect pace. I certainly can't say this is better than the original. While it possessed some political and social observations, they weren't conveyed in the satirical manner as the original. This I think was a great decision. A good story is a good story. I don't mind remakes because we're always remaking and retelling the same stories constantly. This one I think tried it's best to honor the original. I suppose at the end of the day all I can say is that it was a good time. More good than bad in this one.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2014 07:31 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Saw Robocop the other day. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I thought I was just signing on for a mindless action thrill ride. Well, that's certainly what I got but I also received it in a well directed and acted package that seemed to keep a perfect pace. I certainly can't say this is better than the original. While it possessed some political and social observations, they weren't conveyed in the satirical manner as the original. This I think was a great decision. A good story is a good story. I don't mind remakes because we're always remaking and retelling the same stories constantly. This one I think tried it's best to honor the original. I suppose at the end of the day all I can say is that it was a good time. More good than bad in this one.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Old Post Feb 27th, 2014 04:10 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

If I may ask a question(since I have not seen RC yet) Is this reboot better than Paul's other rebooted film Total Recall?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2014 03:23 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by P-Geyser
If I may ask a question(since I have not seen RC yet) Is this reboot better than Paul's other rebooted film Total Recall?

I certainly think so. If the first ten minutes of the movie don't catch you, then I think you're in for a loooong ride. As for Total recall, the only thing I can speak of ,off that movie, is that i never read the novel so I never knew the story under any other voice or through any other eyes. It was hard for me to sign on for total recall. Even whilst watching total Recall, I knew I wasn't watching a train wreck, I just wasn't watching magic. The chemistry wasn't across the boards, I think. Cast, Directing, Writing and producing.

Robocop, however, took the essential ingredients and retold the story. I think, today, Robocop is more important than ever. This is because we are getting so very close to that transhumanism/cyborg ability. Pair that with the motornized civilization...,well you have a movie that essentially, speaks for itself.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Mar 2nd, 2014 at 02:34 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2014 02:30 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

I certainly think so. If the first ten minutes of the movie don't catch you, then I think you're in for a loooong ride. As for Total recall, the only thing I can speak of ,off that movie, is that i never read the novel so I never knew the story under any other voice or through any other eyes. It was hard for me to sign on for total recall. Even whilst watching total Recall, I knew I wasn't watching a train wreck, I just wasn't watching magic. The chemistry wasn't across the boards, I think. Cast, Directing, Writing and producing.

Robocop, however, took the essential ingredients and retold the story. I think, today, Robocop is more important than ever. This is because we are getting so very close to that transhumanism/cyborg ability. Pair that with the motornized civilization...,well you have a movie that essentially, speaks for itself.

Thanks for the heavy insight. Now I want to go see it. Though I will wait till the movie is on it's way out, due to "trying" to avoid all of the annoyances that comes with the movie experience. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2014 07:03 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This was abysmal...

My friend and I were laughing the whole time at how you could hear every gear and piece of machinery moving with every motion he made. It has some decent story elements, but it's so poorly directed and uninspired that it ruins it. It's simply not fun. Samuel L. Jackson has never been so out of place, either. He was only there for a cheap laugh.

I'm really surprised this got any positive feedback at all, damn.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 06:33 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Samuel L. Jackson & Gary Oldman were the only two good things from the remake.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 06:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Michael Keaton wasn't bad either, but none of them could make up for how awful and uninspired the direction was.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 05:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I enjoyed the film for what it was.
Michael Keaton played the aggressive corporate leader role well.
Gary Oldman played Frankenstein to perfection.
Jay Baruchel & Jennifer Ehle were perfect PR roles.
Abbie Cornish was hot as always but played the wife role well and
Joel Kinnaman was an awesome Robocop.

Acting aside the film lacked excitement factor.
The criminal aspect of the original didn't take place in this film.
Robocop was nothing more than a game character tearing crime apart in his local city up to (in film) 80% before taking on the bosses which made this film feel like a glorified videogame.
Which to the marketing dept would make sense in regards to making a film for this generation.

Regardless this was a cool film. Although Robocop's scanning ability for criminals was impressive I saw no reason why the local police force wouldn't have access to such technology.

The choppy editing was noticeable though. Very amateurish with its blinking in and out of certain scenes.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 07:36 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote