KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Robocop (2014)

Robocop (2014)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr. Marshall
My favorite quote.

[Robocop shoots at man with cigarette]

RoboCop: Thank you for not smoking.

laughing

Yea that is a great line! laughing I like the car part in the begining with the car stealer getting fryed and the man just pushing him away and then turning around and saying "And it does not distroy your car Batts!' that is classic. laughing

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 03:08 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Update: Joel Kinnaman Confirmed as RoboCop Lead

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87439

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 03:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh, no. I had no idea a Robocop reboot was in the works..

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 03:52 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i've no idea who this dude is.. i hope its ultra violent

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 06:04 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Oh, no. I had no idea a Robocop reboot was in the works..

Better then trying to do another sequel when the third movie killed the franchise.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 07:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Kazenji
Update: Joel Kinnaman Confirmed as RoboCop Lead

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87439

Apparently this guy was in talks to play Thor.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 07:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Originally posted by Robtard
Apparently this guy was in talks to play Thor.

I see why they picked him, he has the robo-cop smooth mouth and lips they want..lol

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 05:50 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

RoboCop Will Have a See-Through Visor, Be More Human

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/new...e-through-visor

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 06:35 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

"And I can tell you this: In the first 'RoboCop' when Alex Murphy is shot, gunned down, then you see some hospitals and stuff and then you cut to him as RoboCop. My movie is between those two cuts. How do you make RoboCop? How do you slowly bring a guy to be a robot? How do you actually take humanity out of someone and how do you program a brain, so to speak, and how does that affect an individual?" -end snip

Sounds like an interesting scene(s), hope they don't fvck it up.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 05:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I thought both construction of Robocop was fine in the original. It wasnt a cut between two scenes as the quote makes out.
That quote was obviously written by a man who never heard the phrase "You're gonna be a bad motherfvcker"...

This needs to be Robocop...not a 2hr show on biomechanics.
I dont need to know which asscheek Murphy has his power cell lodged in...the core of the story will always be Murphy getting killed and Murphy avenging himself as Robocop, and the Ghost in the Machine thing.

The original had heart just like ANH/ESB/ROTJ
Sounds like they have Midichlorean laded PTesque overexplanation fiasco in mind.

And its gonna 'play as a political satire'?
Well the original kinda was. So how thats news is beyond me...
If it starts going hardcore politics, I'll watch west wing instead cause R1 kept the focus on OCP and used that to microcosmically address the political aspects of the movie..

And to eleborate on the sequels further.
R2 was flawed, imho. Terrible Stop-Motion stuff at times, Irritating kid, irritating nemesis in Cain, so preachily anti drug that it just comes off as a blanket governmental lecture commercial, that could have be written by the committee that had those hundreds of stupidly P.C objectives put in Murphy at the beginning. Its tone was a bit less gritty that the 1st, and the rousing ending score wasn't as good as Poldoris' R1 work. Still, overall not too bad...great continuing of the man in the machine angle, more background on Murphy's alienation from his wife, and her story in moving on...the dangers of wussing out your star-ass kicker, and Murphy's do-or-die solution to that, Robocop 2 itself was pretty cool and that end battle and overall action was kind of awesome. I thought it generally to be victory for Irvin "ESB" Kersher, the lord of 'impossible sequel making made possible'.

R3....Where to begin... Splatterpunks, irritating kids used again (Actually defeating ED209 this time!!) overall weaker supporting cast...OCP turned into a joke with Rip Torn...as is the whole tone of the piece...might as well have been an episode of the TV series. (The somewhat trite death of Lewis aside) 'Nuff said.
On the positive side, like Lord Shadow, I did like the Roboninjas.
There.. I may finally sleep now.

'Night.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Mar 28th, 2012 at 02:39 AM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 02:31 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

lost interest in this when arronofsky left the project

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 07:27 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I thought both construction of Robocop was fine in the original. It wasnt a cut between two scenes as the quote makes out.
That quote was obviously written by a man who never heard the phrase "You're gonna be a bad motherfvcker"...

This needs to be Robocop...not a 2hr show on biomechanics.
I dont need to know which asscheek Murphy has his power cell lodged in...the core of the story will always be Murphy getting killed and Murphy avenging himself as Robocop, and the Ghost in the Machine thing.

Agreed, the original did just fine taking Murphy from man to Robocop; in under 20mins, iirc if we start from the very beginning of the film.

LoL, fair enough.

Solid assessments of 1,2 and 3.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 10:56 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Started watching The Killing. I love Joel Kinnaman in it. Now, I'm excited for Robocop again.

Btw, the most important part of the actor in Robocop to me is the walk. I've seen some of the knock off Robocop videos and if the guy can't walk like a robot, it kills it.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 09:20 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sandeep4webdev

In a crime-ridden city, a terminally wounded cop returns to the force as a powerful cyborg with submerged memories haunting him.

Director: José Padilha
Writers: James Vanderbilt (screenplay), James Vanderbilt, and 2 more credits »
Stars: Joel Kinnaman and Gael García Bernal

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 06:54 AM
sandeep4webdev is currently offline Click here to Send sandeep4webdev a Private Message Find more posts by sandeep4webdev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harry1233

this is really good movie

Old Post May 12th, 2012 02:48 AM
harry1233 is currently offline Click here to Send harry1233 a Private Message Find more posts by harry1233 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 08:37 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"Yes Bought it from him for a dollar! And I hope he burns in hellllllllllll"

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 11:51 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Hahaha, he's playing that role? Sweet.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 08:59 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

stick out tongue I dunno, but would be absolutely sweet if he does.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 12:53 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And Gary Oldman will be Robocop's creator as it says in that link.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2012 02:12 AM