KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2008- Character Creation

USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2008- Character Creation
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
JediReaper> I don't know if this is too late, but I have some comments on your finalized character.
You can do alot of things, but you arn't really GOOD at any of them. It seems like you've put your Merits towards space combat, why not specialize in it? Using Guns is something that is basically optional. Its cool if you want to use it, but if I were you I would have dropped it and gone straight for the Pilot Specialty (Thats what I did with my Character)
Also, with your force powers, it seems like you can do some cool stuff, Advanced Bombard for example looks cool, but I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone use it. (not that you shouldn't its just an example) However what I do see missing is a way for you to kill mooks easily. Maybe invest in some powers like Co-ordination.

Also as an adventurer, your force attack is not super high, so using alot of force attacks might not be the best thing ever.

Just my opinion though. And some of the other vets might disagree...

I specialized in guns as it is a very useful way to kill mooks via Carnival or Carnage, what I do sometimes (that was before i had cleave though) is use Guns for the first and second move, tapping it the second time dropping up to 6 mooks, it can also be used in half cover I believe, and over distance, so it can be rather useful.

I know Rand used Bombard before, not sure whether that was very useful though.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 06:34 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Well specializing in guns is one thing. He now has a low skill in Guns with only one Gun trick..
He also has acrobatic powers, allowing him to leap in and out of battle...

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 07:54 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well it is way too late for him to choose what kind of Adventurer he is.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 07:55 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Well specializing in guns is one thing. He now has a low skill in Guns with only one Gun trick..
He also has acrobatic powers, allowing him to leap in and out of battle...

When I made my character I also didn't see the point in splitting between pilot and guns, however the adventurer is obviously intended to be a sort of equalizer, being good at a lot of different things to be useful in many different situations that might arise. Personally I also think that it would be smart to look at what the other players have to fill holes the team might have or supplement the group as good as possible.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 08:20 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

You guys have never played with me so you are not aware of how I really use my characters powers. Also I do usually use guns for my first move and sometimes second move, just ask any of the players from the Renegade story. I shoot first, sabre second. And yes I am a good all rounder and not too bad at combat either. I mean I delivered the killing blow to the BV-50 in sabre combat.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Last edited by Jedireaper on Mar 12th, 2010 at 08:28 PM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 08:22 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

There should be a schtick that allows you to gun on the move. stick out tongue

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 08:31 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You can always gun on the move, just not in the way that Charge does.

I think the thing with doing the well rounded Adventurer type is that you need to pump up Dexterity or Pilot and Guns will be low by default. It will just need to be something that Denzral improves with xp as tbe game goes on.

I would suggest ditching the heavy pistol though, Reaper. A light pistol would be more suitable because you get extra pool for your attacks. It'd work with Gunslinger.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 10:50 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

One Rule question, is Combat strength based, or agility based, or like lightsabre always with the highest? Same for Guns? And additionally does someone know what all the skills relate to in stats?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 11:06 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I do, more or less. Guns is Dex, Combat is Agility.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 11:09 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

So your saying I am able to fire and run back at the same time so the melée
opponent will end up always trying to chase me and gettig shot? You can't move up and melée attack at the same time without charge.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 11:13 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by REXXXX
I do, more or less. Guns is Dex, Combat is Agility.

Thanks, if you know the others, too, I'd like to know, making a list for our group.

Originally posted by Spidervlad
So your saying I am able to fire and run back at the same time so the melée
opponent will end up always trying to chase me and gettig shot? You can't move up and melée attack at the same time without charge.

In theory I think so, however there might be turning around issues and being slower with an attack, etc. so it won't work like that 100%

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 11:15 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You CAN move and melee without charge. You've read that all wrong. What you cannot do without charge is attack and then move. Or move, attack and keep moving.

Moving away from you and firing is exactly what Katai did on Agalania.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 12th, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 11:16 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Ushgarak
You CAN move and melee without charge. You've read that all wrong. What you cannot do without charge is attack and then move. Or move, attack and keep moving.

Moving away from yuo and firing is exactly what Katai did on Agalania.

Are there any rules for moving, btw? Like how far you can move each frame or any penalties?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 11:20 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Ush usually sets a distance for things as dramatically appropriate.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 11:24 PM
Bardock42

I guessed that these would be the corresponding skills can anyone tell me whether that is right, or if there are also some that depend on different stats due to different circumstance?

Combat Agility
Pilot Dexterity
Guns Dexterity
Fix It Dexterity
Gambling Intelligence
Heavy W Dexterity
Intimidation Charisma
Intrusion Agility
Jedi Lore Intelligence
Languages Intelligence
Law Intelligence
Leadership Charisma
Lying Charisma
Medicine Intelligence
Observation Perception
Persuade Charisma
Sabotage Dexterity
Savoir Faire Intelligence
Seduction Charisma
Survival Intelligence
Warfare Intelligence

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 12:47 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Other than for combat, the combinations are flexible.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 02:53 PM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Here are Andro's combat Schticks:

Dodge and Weave
Impervious
Martial Arts
Duck
Feint
Focussed Blow

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 04:45 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Character Creation: Aurel Sing

My first attempt to make a character for Ushgarak's system. I'd appreciate any feedback from players who have had their characters accepted before.

Aurel Sing, Jedi Swordsman

“This issue can be resolved in many ways. I can assure you that violence is not the best course of action.”

STATS

Strength: 5
Agility: 5
Dexterity: 2
Defence: 1

Willpower: 4
Intelligence: 4
Charisma: 2
Perception: 5

Force Rating: 5
Force Attack: 7
Force Defence: 1

SKILLS

Lightsabre: 4
Combat: 4 (Fixed)
Jedi Lore: 1
Leadership: 1
Medicine: 2
Observation: 1
Intimidation: 1

SPECIAL

Born to the Sword- A Swordsman gets a bonus die to all Lightsabre rolls.

FORCE POWERS

Intuition
Master Lifting
Master Push/Pull
Master Precision
Sense
Swiftness

BLADE SCHTICKS

Balanced Guard
Bodyguard
Charge
Cleave
Reflection

COMBAT SCHTICKS

Dodge and Weave
Feint
Flying Attack
Focused Blow
Impervious
Martial Arts

MERITS

Ties - Jedi Order (Default)
Lucky

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 09:13 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Alright, advice time!

You might want to consider taking another Guard in your Blade Schticks. They are very handy to have and some of the other schticks combine better with different Guards.

I'm also picturing Aurel as a ****ing giant if he has Strength and Agility maxed.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 09:39 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I did want to take another Guard, but I wasn't sure if it would be feasible. Now that you mention it, though, I suppose I could drop maybe Reflection. Given the template, there's no real guarantee he has the experience to actually reflect blaster bolts back at targets...Hmm...

Also, really? I kind of saw him as stupidly toned, but not like a monster or anything. Of course, that could just be because I foolishly view fantasy through a probably more than healthy dose of anime.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 09:59 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote