KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Did You Dress Up For The Dark Knight?

Did You Dress Up For The Dark Knight?
Started by: SelinaAndBruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SelinaAndBruce

Did You Dress Up For The Dark Knight?

I did...well sort of. I mean I wasn't a character or anything but I did wear some Batman shirts. I hope this is within forum rules but I am gonna post pics of what I wore if that is okay?

I wore this to the Friday showing with my friends:
(please log in to view the image)

And I wore this to the midnight show on Thurs/Fri:

There were a lot of people there dressed up in full costume though. I saw a guy dressed like Bats and one like the Joker and they staged a fake fight in the theater to entertain us while we stood in line in front of each of the doors to the auditoriums. I live in a college town so there was a lot of pandemonium and madness, lol.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 09:19 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

I wore a Batman logo shirt...

But other than that, no...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 09:25 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bat Dude
I wore a Batman logo shirt...

But other than that, no...

I totally had you envisioned as a cape and cowl type of guy LOL. Which logo did you wear? The 89 one like me? One guy had on a completely homemade Batsuit out of felt. It was...well I'll give him a B for effort, lol

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 09:30 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I did...well sort of. I mean I wasn't a character or anything but I did wear some Batman shirts. I hope this is within forum rules but I am gonna post pics of what I wore if that is okay?

There were a lot of people there dressed up in full costume though. I saw a guy dressed like Bats and one like the Joker and they staged a fake fight in the theater to entertain us while we stood in line in front of each of the doors to the auditoriums. I live in a college town so there was a lot of pandemonium and madness, lol.

Your pretty.

I wear my Dark Knight t shirt and black pants

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 09:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Where are the Dark Knight T Shirts being sold? I couldn't find one for the life of me.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 09:48 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Where are the Dark Knight T Shirts being sold? I couldn't find one for the life of me.

I found a shop that specializes in t shirt making so I had several made up

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 09:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Re: Did You Dress Up For The Dark Knight?

Nope but nice pictures and what a beautiful woman you are....

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 09:56 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

I totally had you envisioned as a cape and cowl type of guy LOL. Which logo did you wear? The 89 one like me? One guy had on a completely homemade Batsuit out of felt. It was...well I'll give him a B for effort, lol

It's a grey t-shirt with the classic black and yellow "oval" logo... So yeah, basically like yours...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 09:56 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I found a shop that specializes in t shirt making so I had several made up

O cool. Yea I need to check out Hot Topic again. I got both of my more old school Bats shirts there but I couldn't find any Dark Knight stuff but then again with all the Batmania maybe people got to them before me.

I get the feeling that all of this is reminiscent of the summer of 1989 in a way. The mania for a movie of Bats going against the Joker, lol

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 10:57 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

O cool. Yea I need to check out Hot Topic again. I got both of my more old school Bats shirts there but I couldn't find any Dark Knight stuff but then again with all the Batmania maybe people got to them before me.

I get the feeling that all of this is reminiscent of the summer of 1989 in a way. The mania for a movie of Bats going against the Joker, lol

I think it is. In fact it may not die down for a while

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 11:12 PM
SelinaAndBruce

Yea I know this sounds nerdy... but I am so excited to be apart of it this time since I was only 4 when Batman 1989 dropped, lol

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 11:14 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I shaved half of my face, but it was premature, because I ended up having to go to a couple of meetings, so I had to shave the rest off before actually making it to the movie. I did sport the half facial hair thing for 24 hours though.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 12:04 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

LMAO at the half shaved face, That's awesome!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 12:19 AM
SelinaAndBruce

Here is a neat shot from one of the four viewings I went to. I tried to wear something Batman each time. After this belt I had nothing left though:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/...th/100_2129.jpg

The second one keeps coming up huge so I just made it a link

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 06:05 AM
General_Iroh
White Guy

I didn't dress up, however before the film I managed to convince my friend, while in walmart, to get the Dark Knight designed Pajamas, for like 5 year olds. It looked something like this:
However it didn't come with the long pants, so he had to settle for the shorts, an 18 year old in a pair of pajamas designed for a 5 year old with Batman on it is indeed a comical sight...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 08:07 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

O my lmao!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 08:32 AM
Darth Martin

Re: Did You Dress Up For The Dark Knight?

I bought the Joker/Harley shirt and wore the shirt designed from the poster where the Joker is standing with the gun and it seems something's exploding in the background.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 03:58 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Where are people getting all these wicked Dark Knigh shirts? I definitely want one!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 05:58 AM
Kainreaver

Yep. Not gonna lie, I work at a movie theatre, and they let me dress up like the Joker for the weekend. Pic here

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...mageID=39434293

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 09:58 AM
Kainreaver is currently offline Click here to Send Kainreaver a Private Message Find more posts by Kainreaver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Nice, but you need to fix the hair. If you corn rowed it for a day with touches of yellow/green hair dye, then undid the rows, you would have had wavy, greasy hair with some green to it.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 12:54 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote