KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not a Blu-Ray person yet either (the only Blu-Ray disc I have is SM-3 which came free with my PS3) so I'll be getting TDK on regular DVD. I look forward to whatever special features it may hold.

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 04:44 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

You have PS3 but dont use bluray? No HDtv?

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 03:03 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't care for blu-ray too much.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 05:02 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Whats the difference between Blue-Ray and DVD?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 02:36 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Blu-Ray has about 8 times the storing capacities.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 11:01 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 02:39 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by Bardock42
Blu-Ray has about 8 times the storing capacities.

So when then do people in this thread say they would rather purchase the DVD? (Is there a reason other than they don't have Blu-Ray players?)

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 05:04 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Picture quality, if you have the TV for it. I cant watch regular DVDs after getting Bluray

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 05:35 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

So when then do people in this thread say they would rather purchase the DVD? (Is there a reason other than they don't have Blu-Ray players?)

Well, there are two mores I can think of, Blu Ray disks are more expensive and they are not of much advantage if you don't have the necessary HD equipment (i.e. a Monitor or Television that can show the superior picture). Also, a lot of people probably want to play it safe, you don't really want to buy a lot of stuff for a medium that might just die out the next day.

I only assume though, from what I read about it, I myself don't have a Blu Ray player, yet.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 05:56 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Joker - What do you mean you can't watch DVDs when you have blu ray? blue ray players play normal dvds, and it doesn't make the quality of the dvd worse...

Unless you mean the HD television stuff. But if you have the correct television you will not have a problem with dvds on a blu ray player.

Blu ray they say is about 5 times sharper and better quality than DVD.

Reasons I haven't got a blu ray player yet:

The difference in quality is not a vast difference for me on my televisions in the house, not enough to warrant buying a blu ray player straight away. You are not missing out on anything, just sharper picture.

I don't have a surround sound system so the upgraded sound is not going to be much of a difference in the room anyway.

I don't want a PS3 console just to play films.

I don't want to buy a blu ray player because a lot are having problems that keep coming up.

I don't want to upgrade via the internet a dvd player when they come across something new to help whatever player along to make it better, should have sorted it all out before putting them on the market.

Blu Ray dvds for the most part are expensive, the amount of films I buy now I wouldn't be able to do with blu ray. I can buy most new releases for about £8, I'm not paying £17 for the same film because it can store more and play sharper.

The boxes suck big time.

I want multi region player. I believe blu rays are not at the moment unless you get the region free ones.

That's all I can think of.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 06:14 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I think his "I can't watch DVDs anymore" was more metaphorical for "It just all looks shit to me now...I tasted the sweet taste of HD ... and life is not worth living without it anymore".

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 10:26 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The j0keR
Picture quality, if you have the TV for it. I cant watch regular DVDs after getting Bluray

It isn't that great a difference to me, personally.

I don't sit there watching DVDs thinking "If only this were in higher definition.".

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 02:41 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Too me there is a very noticeable difference.

Originally posted by MildPossession
Joker - What do you mean you can't watch DVDs when you have blu ray? blue ray players play normal dvds, and it doesn't make the quality of the dvd worse...

I meant I choose not too. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 10:44 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It isn't that great a difference to me, personally.

I don't sit there watching DVDs thinking "If only this were in higher definition.".

-AC

I agree, I almost see it as a way to get more money out of us.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 03:58 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've stuck to regular DVD's. In fact, the only Blu-Ray disc I have is SM-3 which came with my PS3. I love special features and all that, but I don't see why there needs to be Blu-Ray, doesn't even seem all that great to me anyway.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 03:26 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

With blue ray you can squeeze in those three hours of bloopers. That is my dream of the disced movie world.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 06:04 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Truthfully, I could care less about bloopers.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 10:04 AM
Scythe
The Goat

I'd buy the Blu-Ray dvd if it had plenty of Batman movies and not just one...

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 06:16 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Its called blu ray disk not blu ray dvd mad

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 06:32 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

And?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 08:33 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote