KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman 3's Title?

Batman 3's Title?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Batman 3's Title?

What should the title be?

I've heard rumors that it will be "Shadow of the Bat". Personally I kinda like "The Caped Crusader".

What do you think?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 03:42 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Caped Crusader sounds really campy, no offense...

Shadow of the Bat sounds good enough... I have no complaints about that title...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 03:52 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Yea I was worried about it sounding campy, but I've kinda accepted it over last few days.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:10 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

A third movie might not even happen. Or, rather let me rephrase that, a third movie might not happen with Christian Bale as Bruce.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:18 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

And why not? Don't tell me Nolan's quitting.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:20 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
And why not? Don't tell me Nolan's quitting.
Well, at the very least, he's definitely quitting after the 3rd one. I hear Heath Ledger's untimely death kind of threw them off track.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:25 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Well, at the very least, he's definitely quitting after the 3rd one. I hear Heath Ledger's untimely death kind of threw them off track.

That's not what I heard. As a matter of fact David Goyer is already talking about the next film. Now the title Shadow of the Bat sounds perfect.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:39 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
That's not what I heard. As a matter of fact David Goyer is already talking about the next film. Now the title Shadow of the Bat sounds perfect.
You mean this interview?

quote:
“I think that’s the scariest thing – to think, could we come up with a third movie that was as good as the first two? Can we top ourselves?” screenwriter David Goyer asked aloud, almost rhetorically, in a recent conversation with MTV News. “Doing it a third time would be a big proposition.”

Make no mistake about it, though, a third film HAS been discussed, Goyer confessed, revealing that, while nothing is concrete, both a villain and a theme have been bandied about.

“We’ve only talked loosely about it, though, Chris and I,” Goyer said.

David Goyer wouldn't be the one holding the 3rd movie up. None of them have come out and said they're doinga 3rd as far as I know.

Last edited by Darth Macabre on Jul 22nd, 2008 at 04:51 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:49 AM
Bouboumaster

The Long Halloween

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:57 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

You mean this interview?

David Goyer wouldn't be the one holding the 3rd movie up. None of them have come out and said they're doinga 3rd as far as I know.

But you and I both know that since TDK is doing what its doing, I cannot see WB all of a sudden stop at this one.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 05:05 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
But you and I both know that since TDK is doing what its doing, I cannot see WB all of a sudden stop at this one.
I never said they would stop. Christopher Nolan supposedly wants to parlay this successful movie into a couple of new projects for himself, leaving Batman behind. If he leaves, Bale said he wouldn't (or rather he couldn't see himself) coming back. WB would keep it going, yes, but it wouldn't be the same Batman movies we have come to know, and in my mind, love. That's what I meant when I said...
A third movie might not even happen. Or, rather let me rephrase that, a third movie might not happen with Christian Bale as Bruce.

This.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 05:39 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Popular choice is the Caped Crusader.

I think Nolan already hinted that he is taking Batman back to his Detective skills.

So don't be surprise if he names the movie:

Batman: Worlds Greatest Detective.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 05:59 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
he is taking Batman back to his Detective skills.

sounds like a perfect set up for the Riddler.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 06:27 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

The Dark Knight Forever! laughing out loud

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 06:39 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by Devil King
That it does. Although, I can see them somehow working the Mad Hatter into that just the same; the Mad Hatter would be cool since he would be fresh, rather than another villain from the old movies.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 07:18 AM
Darth Martin

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Popular choice is the Caped Crusader.

I think Nolan already hinted that he is taking Batman back to his Detective skills.

So don't be surprise if he names the movie:

Batman: Worlds Greatest Detective.
That's all good man but take "Batman:" out of it. Just let it be "The World's Greatest Detective". That's a good one for devoted comic fans but would probably fall dull with casualm moviegoers.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 03:00 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

"The Batman"

TGFwashere

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 03:15 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Devil King

Precisely my good ol Watson!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 05:07 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Batman 3 or Batman The Third. Haha laughing out loud

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 05:33 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Batman returns hahahaa

TGFwashere

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 05:37 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote