KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman 3's Title?

Batman 3's Title?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Sarcasm: Wow, you're a real nice guy...

If you think my idea sucks ass, what do YOU suggest?

At least Full Circle has something to do with the plot, like "The Dark Knight" did... Honestly, didn't we cringe when he heard the title "Batman Begins"? But it ALSO made sense to the plot of the film... Full Circle MAKES SENSE... More than World's Greatest Detective, more than Caped Crusader, more than even Shadow of the Bat...

Wow, you are really full of yourself aren't you?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 07:52 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Wow, you are really full of yourself aren't you?

When exactly did I ever say that?

All I said was that the title "Full Circle" would actually make sense to the plot of the film, while titles like "Caped Crusader" or "Shadow of the Bat" wouldn't... Never did I ever say I was a great guy for coming up with it or something like that... I merely stated what I think...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 07:56 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

When exactly did I ever say that?

All I said was that the title "Full Circle" would actually make sense to the plot of the film, while titles like "Caped Crusader" or "Shadow of the Bat" wouldn't... Never did I ever say I was a great guy for coming up with it or something like that... I merely stated what I think...

Well, it kinda comes off that way. Your so set on Reaper being the next villain and now this. But I could be wrong.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 08:58 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Well, it kinda comes off that way. Your so set on Reaper being the next villain and now this. But I could be wrong.

I'm sorry if I came off as self centered and arrogant, that was never my intention embarrasment ... It's just, I'm so sick of the cliche Batman film titles like Caped Crusader and Shadow of the Bat, and I'm so sick of the constant rotation of Joker, Two-Face, Riddler, Penguin and Catwoman... It's like, I'd like to see something new, you know?

I really liked Begins for the fact that Scarecrow was played perfectly and that they explained to the general public why Ras Al Ghul is so much of a threat... If Reaper got the Ras treatment, I could see the public really getting behind him as a major villain...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 09:13 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Another title I like is The Batman. But I love Shadow of the Bat because like the title suggests Batman will be hiding in the shadows from the bad cops, protecting the citizens of Gotham and fighting evildoers.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 09:59 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

For Riddler

Who is Batman?

actually that sucks..

just name the movie Bruce Wayne

TGFwashere

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 10:43 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

Who is this "Reaper" fellow that I've seen mentioned?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:16 AM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Deathstroke
Who is this "Reaper" fellow that I've seen mentioned?

I'm glad you asked!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaper_%28DC_Comics%29

And here's what he looks like:
(please log in to view the image)

Badassery cool

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:23 AM
Deathstroke
Slayer

I'm glad you asked!

Badassery cool

The vigilante angle could work due to TDK already touching on people becoming vigilantes because of Batman. I'm not sure that he has the name recognition that would draw in the general public though unless he was used in conjunction with a more well known villian.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:41 AM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff1084

I think Shadow of the Bat would be a great title the way the 2nd one ended and all. If not that then maybe Batman the search for more money.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:45 AM
moviebuff1084 is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff1084 a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff1084 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm glad you asked!

Badassery cool

I have that issue. Not sure if he will wok though

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:50 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Deathstroke
I'm not sure that he has the name recognition that would draw in the general public though unless he was used in conjunction with a more well known villian.

In the B3 Villain thread, I discussed a possible story with Reaper and Riddler as the main villain...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:02 AM
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

THE BATMAN is a great title for redeeming the Bat in the next film.

KNIGHTFALL needs to be reserved if they do that story arch, some how. However...you can't really do that arch without making Batman a hero in Gotham's eyes. I don't really think this storyline or Bane will ever see light in this series.

I always thought, for years now, that SHADOW OF THE BAT would be the best title for a Nolan film. The continued esculation of the freaks happens in the "shadow of the bat". He creates them, in essence. The play on words could also work for how Batman is seen as a criminal in the eyes of Gotham, now...with the city continuing to go down hill.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 10:19 PM
tlbauerle is currently offline Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by tlbauerle
THE BATMAN is a great title for redeeming the Bat in the next film.

KNIGHTFALL needs to be reserved if they do that story arch, some how. However...you can't really do that arch without making Batman a hero in Gotham's eyes. I don't really think this storyline or Bane will ever see light in this series.

I always thought, for years now, that SHADOW OF THE BAT would be the best title for a Nolan film. The continued esculation of the freaks happens in the "shadow of the bat". He creates them, in essence. The play on words could also work for how Batman is seen as a criminal in the eyes of Gotham, now...with the city continuing to go down hill.

Great thoughts

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 10:24 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Sarcasm: Wow, you're a real nice guy...

If you think my idea sucks ass, what do YOU suggest?

At least Full Circle has something to do with the plot, like "The Dark Knight" did... Honestly, didn't we cringe when he heard the title "Batman Begins"? But it ALSO made sense to the plot of the film... Full Circle MAKES SENSE... More than World's Greatest Detective, more than Caped Crusader, more than even Shadow of the Bat...

"Full Circle" makes sense, but it also sucks, as I said. Why? It sounds completely corny/cliche; like something I'd see as the title of a Batman fan-fiction story written by an excited 7th grade fairweather fan who just saw The Dark Knight and decided to write his own shitty version of the third film. Just because it "makes sense" doesn't make it a good title. And for the record, I've never had any problems with the title Batman Begins. Always thought it was fine.

As I said before, I don't have a definitive title that I'd love to see as the name for the third film, but "The Dark Knight Returns" would work for me, even though it is not likely, and also simply "The Batman" would be cool imo. I'm not a fan of corny sounding names like "Shadow of the Bat" or "The World's Greatest Detective."

I'm not trying to insult you personally, I'm just saying that the title you suggested sounds utterly terrible.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 11:21 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
"Full Circle" makes sense, but it also sucks, as I said. Why? It sounds completely corny/cliche; like something I'd see as the title of a Batman fan-fiction story written by an excited 7th grade fairweather fan who just saw The Dark Knight and decided to write his own shitty version of the third film. Just because it "makes sense" doesn't make it a good title. And for the record, I've never had any problems with the title Batman Begins. Always thought it was fine.

As I said before, I don't have a definitive title that I'd love to see as the name for the third film, but "The Dark Knight Returns" would work for me, even though it is not likely, and also simply "The Batman" would be cool imo. I'm not a fan of corny sounding names like "Shadow of the Bat" or "The World's Greatest Detective."

I'm not trying to insult you personally, I'm just saying that the title you suggested sounds utterly terrible.

Fair enough, but TDKR, imo, shouldn't be used unless it's an adaptation of TDKR's story...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 01:18 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Yeah but it sounds way gay.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 01:39 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PANDAxMoNiUm

Batman Finishes (or Ends)

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 07:16 AM
PANDAxMoNiUm is currently offline Click here to Send PANDAxMoNiUm a Private Message Find more posts by PANDAxMoNiUm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

There are a ton of titles that Chris Nolan can use..

IMO, I am saying with Shadow of the Bat..

In keeping with Nolan's theme, Batman Begins dealt with the origin of Bruce Wayne becoming Batman,

The Dark Knight dealt with why Batman is called exactly that and in Batman 3, since Batman is on the run, staying in the shadows and within/outside the law fighting crime is so perfect for the aply titled Shadow of the Bat

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 10:54 PM
super pr*xy

batman re-returns.. again.. forever.. & robin.

shadow of the bat sounds cool. or the batman.. awesomeness in simplicity..

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 10:10 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote