KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman 3's Title?

Batman 3's Title?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

KnightFall

"The wait is over."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 04:13 AM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

I was going to suggest 'The Longest Night', but it turns out there's already a movie with that name no expression. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068875/

Knightfall sounds good, very good. The Dark Knight Returns would work if they make it a '20 years later' type story; not necessarily a direct adaption of the comic. That'll be flat-out awesome, IMO.

In any case, we need a simple title, like 'The Dark Knight' or 'Batman Begins'. Nothing too complicated or fancy.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 12:52 PM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Shindiggery
Cynical Egotist

I got a few suggestions.

Batman Redemption
Gotham City
The Caped Crusader
Shadow of the Bat
Batman Infinite

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. But you were wrong. The world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is chance"

Last edited by Mr Shindiggery on Dec 31st, 2008 at 01:24 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 01:22 PM
Mr Shindiggery is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Shindiggery a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Shindiggery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Shindiggery
I got a few suggestions.

Batman Redemption
Gotham City
The Caped Crusader
Shadow of the Bat
Batman Infinite

Good titles

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 08:14 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MisterAJ
weirder than you...

I like "Gotham City"... simple... to the point... filled with potential...

Knightfall could work as well... (on the run and all that... special forces going after him, etc...)

But what do you think of a mix of two classics:

Dark Detective...?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 06:17 AM
MisterAJ is currently offline Click here to Send MisterAJ a Private Message Find more posts by MisterAJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

No offense meant really, but the majority of the titles you guys are listing are so, so bad. I'm not necessarily saying that I could create something better, but I have the sense NOT to suggest blatantly terrible titles. I mean "Batman Infinite," that doesn't even make sense.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 07:16 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

From the Bane Broke the Bat story arc...

Knightfall

Knightsend

Knightquest

Who Rules the Night

Shadow of the Bat

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 09:30 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I'm sticking to "World's Greatest Detective"

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 08:13 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm sticking to "World's Greatest Detective"

thats a pretty good title..

I am still going with Shadow of the Bat, but have thought of simply The Batman, or The Caped Crusader ..

give me a few days to come up with more title names

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 08:45 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Armageddon

The batman movies these days are dark and gritty and a title like that would be good.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 01:52 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Gotham City
Caped Crusader

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 02:10 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Regrettably... I think some of those titles are pretty shit. The Shadow of the Bat's pretty cool, though. That'd work.

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 04:20 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i think we need to stear clear of the word 'Detective' cause it brings to mind too many old fasioned movies and comics when were in the 21st century and Nolan's Batman is very high tech

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 05:15 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Placidity
From the Bane Broke the Bat story arc...

Knightfall

Knightsend

Knightquest

Who Rules the Night

Shadow of the Bat

Interesting titles..

It would be nice if Nolan used KnightFall or KnightsEnd

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 07:29 PM
peejay88

Batman redemption is a good title as this film will be squarely about him redeeming himself to Gothams public. maybe 'Gothams Knight' would work too although it sounds too similar to the dark knight.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 10:51 PM
peejay88 is currently offline Click here to Send peejay88 a Private Message Find more posts by peejay88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by peejay88
Batman redemption is a good title as this film will be squarely about him redeeming himself to Gothams public. maybe 'Gothams Knight' would work too although it sounds too similar to the dark knight.

i like that title of Batman Redemption

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 12:25 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mr Shindiggery
I got a few suggestions.

Batman Redemption
Gotham City
The Caped Crusader
Shadow of the Bat
Batman Infinite
Very, very bad titles.

A lot of people liked Batman not being in the title of the sequel, so it'll just ruin everything if the third film has Batman in it. Also, Redemption is a cliché title for sequels and it just sucks.

As for Gotham City, it's like a spin off title, the films aren't about Gotham they're about Batman.

The Caped Crusader, although it's about Batman, it's just too predictable, way too predictable.

Shadow of the Bat has that word Bat in there. Not to mention it sounds like a shitty horror movie.

Batman Infinite sounds like Batman Forever, which also happened to be the third movie. Do you really want Joel Shumacker to direct this next movie?

I'm not busting your balls here, but after watching videos of James Rolfe, it's like, yeah, those sequel names really suck. You might as well call it "The Curse of Batman", though, that doesn't sound half bad.

As for movie titles, well lets just think about it. Bane would make a great villain, and that would call the movie Knightfall. Which is very consistent with the comics, and very cool.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 04:35 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by lord xyz
Very, very bad titles.

A lot of people liked Batman not being in the title of the sequel, so it'll just ruin everything if the third film has Batman in it. Also, Redemption is a cliché title for sequels and it just sucks.

As for Gotham City, it's like a spin off title, the films aren't about Gotham they're about Batman.

The Caped Crusader, although it's about Batman, it's just too predictable, way too predictable.

Shadow of the Bat has that word Bat in there. Not to mention it sounds like a shitty horror movie.

Batman Infinite sounds like Batman Forever, which also happened to be the third movie. Do you really want Joel Shumacker to direct this next movie?

I'm not busting your balls here, but after watching videos of James Rolfe, it's like, yeah, those sequel names really suck. You might as well call it "The Curse of Batman", though, that doesn't sound half bad.

As for movie titles, well lets just think about it. Bane would make a great villain, and that would call the movie Knightfall. Which is very consistent with the comics, and very cool.

But I do feel that even though Shadow of the Bat has the word Bat in it, the title would certainly suggest how Batman will hide in the shadows from the law while still bringing done the bad guys

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 09:01 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
But I do feel that even though Shadow of the Bat has the word Bat in it, the title would certainly suggest how Batman will hide in the shadows from the law while still bringing done the bad guys
You make a good point, but I really like Knightfall.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 09:10 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by lord xyz
You make a good point, but I really like Knightfall.

as do i, it would be rather interesting if Chris Nolan used that title and perhaps some aspects from the Knightfall storyline

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 04:38 AM