KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman 3's Villain?

?
This poll is closed.
Riddler 29 42.65%
Penguin 2 2.94%
Catwoman 7 10.29%
Black Mask 7 10.29%
Mad Hatter 2 2.94%
Scarface and The Ventriloquist 0 0%
Bane 4 5.88%
Clayface 5 7.35%
Joker "Re-cast" 5 7.35%
Other 7 10.29%
Total: 68 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batman 3's Villain?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVapor
[B]

Hayden Christensen anyone???....kidding roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hey mad

He can act its just that the star wars prequals obvisouly did'nt show that.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 07:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think seeing Joker again would be great. Black Mask and a revamped mad hatter would be appropriate villains for the theme that has been set

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 08:01 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

I think he'll give us someone popular like Riddler to keep momentum going (imagine Scarecrow and Ra's being cast after Dark Knight, it would suck to lower the bar) but he could throw a curve ball and have someone else who's a little unconventional/less known as well. Would be cool to see someone I have no knowledge about.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 09:05 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Despite I liked the posters for The Riddler, he's not gonna work in Nolans portrayal of the franchise.The Riddler is no physical match for Batman, kinda like 2punches and he's out.Having Batman struggling with cops cause he's wanted for the murders commited by Two Face meanwhile solving jokes and riddles wouldn't be fun at all.Two Face ain't dead, he should be back for the 3rd movie, I'd like also the idea of Deadshot or KGBeast would be great addiction, masked mercenaries with skills and equipment wich makes them the perfect match for Batman, hired to take him down cause the mob attempts have all resulted unsuccesful.So Bat will have to defend himself from a top dog hitman and the police, meanwhile trying to stop Two Face rise to the organized crime.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 11:29 AM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

I vote Casey Affleck to play the Riddler

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 03:25 PM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

Originally posted by Kazenji
Hey mad

He can act its just that the star wars prequals obvisouly did'nt show that.

Hey, calm down! It was just a joke. I think he acted well in Jumper, but in a lot of his other works he's just ok [have you seen Shattered Glass?].

The joke was could you see him playing the Riddler? He CAN act, but he couldn't pull off that character [whether it be similar to Jim Carrey's or similar to Jigsaw.]

As for Riddler being taken down easily, maybe in the end it would be easy to take him down, but almost the entire movie before that would Batman going through all of his trials, solving the Riddles, preventing catastrophe. The Riddler could seriously prove to be Batman's greatest MENTAL battle in this series, as opposed to being just another tough guy.

For naysayers saying Riddler doesn't fit in with what will be the [presumed] theme of B3, then picture this. Riddler presents his riddles to the public so that both Batman and the police can see them. They then both have to figure it out and try to stop what ever he has planned in time. If Batman succeeds in doing this more times then the police then he can start earning back his reputation as a good guy. wink

Last edited by TheVapor on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 04:32 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 04:29 PM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Da Joker
I actually think Nolan could make the Riddler more interesting. But, I think it needs to be Two-Face & the Riddler. Imagine the awesomeness!

So you basically want Batman Forever...

Redemption, Two-Face, Riddler, etc.

I'll pass...

And @ TheVapor, so he's basically Joker-Lite? Joker broadcasted his crimes to Batman and the cops, and they had to try and stop them...

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 04:57 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I vote for ... the KGBeast! All trying to assassinate President Reagan, and Batman trying to stop him.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 07:46 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

Originally posted by Bat Dude

And @ TheVapor, so he's basically Joker-Lite? Joker broadcasted his crimes to Batman and the cops, and they had to try and stop them... [/B]

hmm, that is a problem. However, assuming Mister Reece [Mysteries] gets turned into the Riddler then the Riddler could attack Batman personally. Since he knows Batman's secret identity he could present Batman with tasks; fulfill the task and the identity doesn't get out. Every so often a failed task could also lead to a persons death [which Riddler could easily pin on Batman, and since Batman needs to regain the title of 'hero' he will be further pushed to succeed.] Also, if Riddler can stay hidden [from Batman that is] most of the movie then we can see Bruce use some of his detective skills which have been somewhat underused. Finally, recalling the comment that someone said about Riddler being too weak, I already said he would be a great mental foe, but let's say Batman knows who he is, and finds out where he is, and just when he [Batman] thinks he has him cornered Riddler springs a trap Batman has to get out of [similar to Saw]. When Batman gets out of the trap [which he would] then he would be weakened and Riddler would have more of a chance [not that it matters since in the end Batman would still win.] Also the Riddler has a cane wink

So there's a better idea of how to make Riddler for B3.

edit: This is an afterthought on how to connect Riddler and Two-Face [assuming they're the villians for B3]. Mister Reece is captured by Two-Face and is tortured to find out what Batman's true identity is. He
squeels but when Harvey says he's going to kill him Reece suggests they use Batman to their advantage. He dons the role of the Riddler and plays with Batman; the 'tasks' include robbing banks to fund Two-Faces schemes for overthrowing the Gothan crime lords. In the end riddler tells Batman to rob Bruce Waynes mansion, and this on top of all of his research makes Batman come to realize who it is who has been blackmailing him. This clue was given to him on purpouse and Riddler gives him one more Riddle which will lead Batman to the villains lair where both Reece and Harvey try to take him down, his role having been fulfilled.

I know this idea is borderline fan-fiction but it is just an afterthought, and is just an idea if BOTH are the villians in the next movie.

Last edited by TheVapor on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 11:29 PM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Who voted for Clayface? How would that work?

And I hope "Mr. Reese" doesn't turn out to be the Riddler for 2 reasons:

1. Batman saved his ass. The look on Reese's face was kind of a "My bad, that was wrong of me." Turning him into Riddler would take away from that.

2. And this is the big one: We can do better than having that actor play Riddler.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 11:59 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by TheVapor
hmm, that is a problem. However, assuming Mister Reece [Mysteries] gets turned into the Riddler then the Riddler could attack Batman personally. Since he knows Batman's secret identity he could present Batman with tasks; fulfill the task and the identity doesn't get out. Every so often a failed task could also lead to a persons death [which Riddler could easily pin on Batman, and since Batman needs to regain the title of 'hero' he will be further pushed to succeed.] Also, if Riddler can stay hidden [from Batman that is] most of the movie then we can see Bruce use some of his detective skills which have been somewhat underused. Finally, recalling the comment that someone said about Riddler being too weak, I already said he would be a great mental foe, but let's say Batman knows who he is, and finds out where he is, and just when he [Batman] thinks he has him cornered Riddler springs a trap Batman has to get out of [similar to Saw]. When Batman gets out of the trap [which he would] then he would be weakened and Riddler would have more of a chance [not that it matters since in the end Batman would still win.] Also the Riddler has a cane wink

So there's a better idea of how to make Riddler for B3.

edit: This is an afterthought on how to connect Riddler and Two-Face [assuming they're the villians for B3]. Mister Reece is captured by Two-Face and is tortured to find out what Batman's true identity is. He
squeels but when Harvey says he's going to kill him Reece suggests they use Batman to their advantage. He dons the role of the Riddler and plays with Batman; the 'tasks' include robbing banks to fund Two-Faces schemes for overthrowing the Gothan crime lords. In the end riddler tells Batman to rob Bruce Waynes mansion, and this on top of all of his research makes Batman come to realize who it is who has been blackmailing him. This clue was given to him on purpouse and Riddler gives him one more Riddle which will lead Batman to the villains lair where both Reece and Harvey try to take him down, his role having been fulfilled.

I know this idea is borderline fan-fiction but it is just an afterthought, and is just an idea if BOTH are the villians in the next movie.

The whole idea of Batman having to complete puzzles and tasks to prevent being framed for an innocent person's death sounds intriguing, even to me, the most anti-Riddler guy on the forum... But I wouldn't have him and Two-Face working together... Too many comparisons to Forever... And the thought of having Mr. Reese becoming Riddler is also intriguing... Not exactly loyal to the comics, but if it's a good movie, I could care less...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 12:02 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

Okay, so if having them work together is TOO much like Forever, then we could have the two be mutual enemies or not even connected in any way at first. I think it would be interesting if Riddler was actually used to develop Harvey's and Batman's relationship. Meaning that Batman is tracking down Riddler [obviously to put an end to his reign of terror] and Harvey's out to get him too because, in his own twisted ways, he is trying to dismantle all of the crime of Gotham. This could lead to a point where the two have the choice to team-up, and Harvey at first disagrees arguing that Batman is also a villain that he has to take down. Batman however gives him a speech about how he was once the 'White Knight' and how he has stooped to the level of evil to fight evil. Up until this point we may see some scenes where Harvey shows internal conflict about what he is doing [like Anikan in 'Sith', only executed better wink ] heavily playing up the use of his coin in his decisions. This is the point in the story where Harvey may realize that fate is not an outcome of chaos [I believe the Joker taught him something close to this in Dark Knight] but that he can control the outcome, and that he can be good again. So the two team up to take the Riddler down.

I don't how well Harvey's change of heart sounded but it can definitely be pulled off without seeming corny. As for Harvey's fate, I don't know if it would be better to let him survive the fight with Riddler, or kill him. Maybe if he lives he could come out to Gotham with the truth, and maybe serve as a reminder to Gotham's remaining criminals, that they too can become good, and that not all hope for them is lost. Okay I know that also sounded corny, but it kind of fits in with Harvey's message in Dark Knight, and would be suitable closure for the character if B3 were the last Batman in this series.

edit:
quote:
And I hope "Mr. Reese" doesn't turn out to be the Riddler for 2 reasons:

1. Batman saved his ass. The look on Reese's face was kind of a "My bad, that was wrong of me." Turning him into Riddler would take away from that.

Remember how Fox intimidated him earlier in the movie, and yet he still did it anyway? He's the kind of guy that if given the chance [and especially the power] would try to get at Bruce again. He also seems like the calculating kind of guy that could come up with riddles [he deduced that Bruce was Batman after investigating him.] And while yes it would take away from it, audiances love to hate villians and what better way for him to get instant hate, huh?

[quote]2. And this is the big one: We can do better than having that actor play Riddler.[/qoute]
I don't know, I imagine him as I imagine Riddler would be, and I think it would be fitting. Besides, even if he doesn't work they can just replace him like they did with Rachel [which I had no problem with.]

Last edited by TheVapor on Jul 24th, 2008 at 01:30 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 01:15 AM
freek

Wouldn't it make more sense if Riddler saw Reese as a threat, possibly MORE of a threat than Batman, as opposed to Reese being Riddler? Simply because as a man obsessed with riddles and with the intellect to create and solve them, being told the answer would be horrific. What greater riddle is there in Gotham City than "Who is the Batman?"?

For everyone that's been saying Riddler wasn't a physical opponent, was Joker? in fist fights joker always relied on other forces to tire or distract Batman, or just sprayed bullets, and i'm pretty sure at one stage it was recognised that Batman could kick his ass.

Sadly I agree with the Joker-lite issue, they are somewhat similar. I still think Ra's could be brought back, but that would admittedly be unrealistic. However, i'm sure the league of shadows itself should still exist. could bring in talia, maybe introduce lady shiva for those that want a physical match. would also make for an interesting situation for two face: he can't stand alone against the mob, batman and the terrorists. who does he side with? how can he do what he set out to do? etc.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 03:27 AM
freek is currently offline Click here to Send freek a Private Message Find more posts by freek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bat Dude
So you basically want Batman Forever...

Redemption, Two-Face, Riddler, etc.

I'll pass...

And @ TheVapor, so he's basically Joker-Lite? Joker broadcasted his crimes to Batman and the cops, and they had to try and stop them...

I hope in time you realize that Nolan is a far greater director than Schumacher.

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 03:29 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Two-Face must be dead, otherwise why else would Batman take responsibility for the murders? If Two-Face is alive and up to no good, then there's no reason why Batman would accept the responsibility; Two-Face could simply take credit for the murders himself.

Also, the good people of Gotham would think things are a little weird if there's a guy running round with half of Harvey Dent's face, despite there being a memorial for him.

I say, "No, thanks" to The Riddler, Bane, etc. as the main villain. I'd put good money on The Joker being back, a side-villain a la Deathstroke or Deadshot on the trail of Batman, and Batman on the run from the law. That's the final message of The Dark Knight, so it's obviously going to play a part in the next one.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 03:38 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

He would accept responsibility either way because he wouldn't want Gotham to know he murdered those people.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 03:50 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Which imo brings a major flaw to Batman. Batman is never the type of person to take the blame for other person's crime. Its just not Batman, if he is trying to hid a killer like Twoface imo.
Batman is a strong beliver in if they took life, they should be punish for it, or take the blame. Its just not him.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 04:00 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think that Batman is willing to do what's necessary to preserve faith in Gotham, so I liked that he took the blame.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 04:07 AM
TheVapor
Hero

Batman takes responsibility for the murders to preserve Harvey's image as a good-guy. 2nd, Harvey probably wouldn't come out in public if he was trying to take down organized crime, he wouldn't want to attract attention to himself. Lastly, Nolan said he wouldn't recast Joker, and to have Joker in the next one would be too repetitive and feel like Dark Knight Redux.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 04:18 AM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Da Joker
I hope in time you realize that Nolan is a far greater director than Schumacher.

Sarcasm: Really? I had absolutely no idea!

What I'm saying is that the whole premise is almost EXACTLY the same as in Forever... Batman's redemption/coming to terms with his past story arc, Two-Face being the "already there" villain, Riddler becoming a villain, etc.

I'll pass on that, thank you...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 04:24 AM