KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Do The Inaccuracies From The Comics Really Bother You?

Do The Inaccuracies From The Comics Really Bother You?
Started by: SelinaAndBruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bat Dude
I think the hypocrisy of Nolan film fans/Burton film bashers is evident in every argument I've had with them. Let's go over some of the highlights...

Burton's Batman has machine guns on his Batmobile to shoot away obstacles (like the garage door at Axis) and Burton gets thrown under the proverbial bus by fans.

Nolan's Batman has machine guns on his Batpod to shoot away obstacles (like the trash cans and debris in the chase scene) and not a single peep out of anyone.

Burton's Batman endangers/kills a factory compound full of criminals who used the site to commit heinous crimes (like creating poison to spread through the city which = murder) while it can be inferred that not every thug at the factory was by the Batmobile when it dropped the bomb, thus some actually probably escaped. Yet Burton gets thrown under the proverbial bus.

Nolan's Batman endangers/kills a monastery compound full of criminals who used the site to commit heinous crimes (like kidnapping petty thieves/crooks and executing them which = murder) while we see some ninjas escape through the windows we can infer that not every ninja escaped, thus some actually probably were killed in the fire. Yet Nolan gets off scott free.

Burton changes Harvey Dent: The fans go insane.

Nolan changes Ras Al Ghul: The fans are silent.

Burton changes Penguin: The fans go insane.

Nolan changes Joker: The fans are silent.

See what I'm getting at?

Nolan's taken just as many liberties with the material as Burton did. That's not to say Nolan hasn't made wonderful Batman films, but the fact that the liberties Burton took are highlighted and outcast while Nolan's are ignored shows intense bias, imo.

well many Batman fans realise that unlike Burton,Nolan didnt take a shit on Batman and his character.He didnt turn him into a cowardly killer like Burton did and he actually cared about making the best casting choice possible for Bruce wayne by casting someone that actaully looked the part so Nolan gets off much easier.Your correct on some points but others your not though.

Yes Nolan got away with the machines guns but thats because his movies were much more faithful to the source material so they let it slide.

the second part? sigh.We've been through this before.The second point is comparing apples to oranges,theres no comparison.That was a cowardly act of batman murdering those Jokers goons in the factory and its pretty clear he murdered MOST of them.Totally unnessary and cowardly act that could have been avoided.the batman from the comics would have sent the batmobile in and unleashed sleeping gas.

Also Burtons Batman carelessly put the lives of innocent bystanders in danger when he was shooting the joker with the batplane.He could EASILY have killed any of those innocent bystanders.

oh and forget saying that Nolans Batman could have done the same thing in Begins because the news reported on tv there were no casualtys.also his girlfriends life was in danger,and only starting out like he was,he wasnt thinking straight.When your loved ones life is in danger like that,people tend to not think rationally.Now if he had been doing this forever and was a seasoned veteran, I wouldnt cut him any slack.

With Nolans Batman Begins,as i have said many times before,he was one of the very last ones out so HIS life was just as much in danger as everyone else's was in that monestary so if he got out unhurt,thats reaching saying some of the others did not get out.There was no evidence that anybody got killed so until any surfaces,that point is mute.

The fans didnt go insane over Burton changing harvey dent.With Keaton yes,any true fan would.But they didnt say anything about Dent.

Ras Al Ghul? Okay this one you are correct,they were silent on it.I myself wasnt crazy about the change but since the movie was so great,I got over it quickly.

Penguin? of course they are going to go insane. That was stupid as hell with no justification whatsoever.

Nolans Joker? Youre incorrect on that one dude.
Myself and Selina Kyle when she was here,actually agreed with each other.we both did not like the change of the joker and were up in arms about it.I still hate the change and wish that Nolan had stayed true to his look but the movie was so awesome that again,I could overlook that.I didnt like the change but I can overlook it..I always said the movie could have been even better.I would have enjoyed it even more so if Nolan had not made that unnessary change.Many Batman fans on other message boards like me and selina did not like that change at all either.

Nolan didnt take ANYWHERE near as many liberties as Burton did and did not take a shit on the fans either so the Nolan fans like myself can overlook the changes such as the joker and Ras al Goul for the most part because like i said,Nolan did not take a shit on the fans with a horrible casting choice for Batman or making him into a cowardly killer or make extremely boring movies,ect ect and the difference between Burton and Nolan is the positives for the nolan films far outweigh the negatives where with the burton films,the negatives far outweigh the positives so of course the fans arte going to cut Nolan some slack.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 06:01 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

the other thing I just thought of how theres no comparison of the Burton and Nolan Batman films as far as liberites being taken,except the guns being on the motercycle in Nolans The dark knight which again,i dont approve of at all.That upset ME what Nolan did in The Dark Knight mounting the guns on his motorcycle like that.I always said that The Dark Knight wasnt the best possible movie that it COULD have been.That it could have been even better if Nolan had not made that stupid change along with The look of the Joker.

The three things that really pissed me of about the dark knight is the guns on the motorcycle,the look of the joker-I get slightly pissed still when I watch that movie since it was such a moronic and unnessary change with no justification for it,I guarantee,there are others out there that feel the same way like me and selina,and finally and this is right up there with the look of the joker,maybe even more so,that it appears that Nolan killed off Harvey Dent.If he is in fact REALLY dead,I am very angry with Nolan now because that is a mistake.

I just cant believe Nolan could be so stupid to kill off an important villain like that and I still dont believe he is dead,wont until I see the next film.I just cant possibly believe Nolan would do such a stupid thing killing off an important villain like Two face.I mean come on,thats a Burton and Schumacher thing.I just cant believe Nolan would stoop to the level of those stupid idiot morons who should never have been allowed to go near a Batman movie.

Like spiderman rocks said,the change Two faces origin actually worked well within the story of the dark knight so there really isnt much of a comparison in his origin and how they altered Bruce waynes origin in Burtons Batman.again thats comparing apples and oranges because with altering Bruce waynes origin in Burtons Batman,after he killed the joker,he might as well have hung up his cape and cowl right then and there because thats his motivation he has for fighting crime is in the comics,he cant get any justice done to the death of his parents because in the comics,he didnt know who his killed of his parents were for ages.

In Batman Begins,it works perfectly and makes sense that he continues to fight crime after his parents are gone because like he explained in the movie,he cant get justice done for his parents getting killed because someone else silenced the killer of his parents for him so since he cant get any justice done for his parents killer in the fact someone else did his job he wanted to do,he is still motivated to go out and fight crime.and even though he was going to kill his parents killer,he didnt,so he never killed anybody and later realised that killing was wrong and never did so so thats why Batman fans cut Nolan some slack especially how in Burtons Batman,he made it perfectly clear he was going to kille the joker saying-Im gonna kill you and forget about it that that was just an expression,he was tormented by his parents death and wanted to kill him.

That was so obvious to everybody.Burton made him into a cowardly killer that was a wuss in fights,Nolan did not and showed off what a great fighter he was so of course fans are going to cut Nolan some slack.again when the positives far outweigh the negatives like Nolans films do,people can overlook things like the look of the joker and the guns on the motorcycle,however when a director takes a shit on the batman fans like Burton did haveing the negatives far out weigh the positives and rape to death his character and not even try to make the best casting choice possible for the role and cast someone just cause your friends with that actor,well the outrage form batman fans towards Burton is justified.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 06:07 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

So I went on vacation and after I came back, I completely forgot to reply here (I don't spend a lot of time on these forums; I go to other sites). Today, I remebered this thread and decided to go and check to see if anyone replied to my posts. And what do I see?

"Do The Inaccuracies From The Comics Really Bother You? -Last Post by Mr. Parker at 1:07 PM" And that was enough for me to know in which direction this thread is going LOL. Does anyone else find Mr Parker's comments funny? It's funny seeing him get pissed off. I don't know why but I find it hilarious whenever I see him b*tch about movies in general (whether I agree with him or not) XD. Anyways, it will take some time to reply to all of these people so... *checks number of comments*

....here we go. sad

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 08:37 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
So I went on vacation and after I came back, I completely forgot to reply here (I don't spend a lot of time on these forums; I go to other sites). Today, I remebered this thread and decided to go and check to see if anyone replied to my posts. And what do I see?

"Do The Inaccuracies From The Comics Really Bother You? -Last Post by Mr. Parker at 1:07 PM" And that was enough for me to know in which direction this thread is going LOL. Does anyone else find Mr Parker's comments funny? It's funny seeing him get pissed off. I don't know why but I find it hilarious whenever I see him b*tch about movies in general (whether I agree with him or not) XD. Anyways, it will take some time to reply to all of these people so... *checks number of comments*

....here we go. sad

*****? thats not bitching just pointing out the facts how Burton took a shit on the batman fans. roll eyes (sarcastic) at least i have a lot better things to do than go around resurrecting old dead buried threads in the batman section especially when the thread starter who made the thread is long gone.. roll eyes (sarcastic) oh and apperanty your brother thinks i make quality good posts when I point out how bad Burton disgraced the batman comics and his character,him saying that I would own Burton batman fans in discussions that you invited me to come to one time at another site where you and him post at or have you already forgotten that? I can bring back that post where he said that if you have already forgetten when he said that.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Sep 18th, 2011 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 08:51 PM
Mr Parker

oh one more thing,yeah the direction of this thread thanks to you,has gone to hell thanks to your unnessary and uncalled for personal attack.your obviously just sore and mad since I made that comment about resurrecting an old dead buried thread so you had to throw in a low cheapshot.thats obvious since you have never done that with me before.unless batdude comes back and wants to continue a friendly discussion i was trying to have with him.its time to leave this thread for good now especially since it was an old dead buried thread in the first place.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2011 01:56 AM
Deadline

Originally posted by Mr Parker

Nolan didnt take ANYWHERE near as many liberties as Burton did and did not take a shit on the fans either so the Nolan fans like myself can overlook the changes such as the joker and Ras al Goul for the most part because like i said,Nolan did not take a shit on the fans with a horrible casting choice for Batman or making him into a cowardly killer or make extremely boring movies,ect ect and the difference between Burton and Nolan is the positives for the nolan films far outweigh the negatives where with the burton films,the negatives far outweigh the positives so of course the fans arte going to cut Nolan some slack.

Dunno about that you just seem like a massive hypocrite. I'm a Batman fan hell I might prefer Burton but thats for sentimental reasons. Nolans Gotham can't hold a candle to Burtons Gotham, thats one department were Burton is the winner. It's not just the design of the city but some scene had such a powerful atmosphere.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 02:35 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Despite any hypocrisy from others in this thread, I agree that the positives far outweigh the negatives when it comes to the Nolan films, and the oddities of those movies aren't as extreme to me as a black guy playing Harvey Dent, Joker being the one to kill Bruce's parents instead of Joe Chill, etc. Not to say that the Burton movies were utter fail though.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 08:04 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Deadline
Dunno about that you just seem like a massive hypocrite. I'm a Batman fan hell I might prefer Burton but thats for sentimental reasons. Nolans Gotham can't hold a candle to Burtons Gotham, thats one department were Burton is the winner. It's not just the design of the city but some scene had such a powerful atmosphere.

Burton had the right idea for the look of gothem and was headed in the right direction with it making it darkly like he did,but he went overboard with it and made it TOO dark to the point you could not see what was going on most the time in the night scenes where Nolan he did it just right.dark but not where you couldnt tell what was going on.Thats one of the reasons i actually prefer Batman Forever to the Burton films is i like to actually be able to see what I am looking at. big grin

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 10:01 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Despite any hypocrisy from others in this thread, I agree that the positives far outweigh the negatives when it comes to the Nolan films, and the oddities of those movies aren't as extreme to me as a black guy playing Harvey Dent, Joker being the one to kill Bruce's parents instead of Joe Chill, etc. Not to say that the Burton movies were utter fail though.

thats fair enough.for me that was one of the few things I had no problem with in the Burton films is a black guy playing Harvery Dent.But thats probably because Im a huge fan of Lando though and it was good to see him in another movie-Billy that is. big grin what I got a kick out of when I saw Batman Begins at the theaters is when Joe Chill killed his parents i heard people whispering in the audience-I thought The Joker killed his parents. big grin Once these people who never read the comics like those people obviously hadnt,they are going to discover how Burton totally betrayed the source material and should never have been allowed near a batman franchise. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing That Nolans films were more accurate and closer to it.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 10:11 PM
Deadline

Originally posted by Mr Parker
Burton had the right idea for the look of gothem and was headed in the right direction with it making it darkly like he did,but he went overboard with it and made it TOO dark to the point you could not see what was going on most the time in the night scenes where Nolan he did it just right.dark but not where you couldnt tell what was going on.Thats one of the reasons i actually prefer Batman Forever to the Burton films is i like to actually be able to see what I am looking at. big grin

Have no idea what you're talking about don't remember struggling to see anything.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 04:26 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote