KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!

Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AverageSavage

it might just be me, but i'd love to see Ron Perlman to play Bane. Although he is getting quite old i could see him pulling it off, he has the physique and the acting abilities to play Bane.

Thanks Starlock

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 02:45 PM
AverageSavage is currently offline Click here to Send AverageSavage a Private Message Find more posts by AverageSavage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AverageSavage
it might just be me, but i'd love to see Ron Perlman to play Bane. Although he is getting quite old i could see him pulling it off, he has the physique and the acting abilities to play Bane.

Perlam may have been right for Hellboy, but Bane, I believe should be played by someone between 24 and 35..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 07:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AverageSavage

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Perlam may have been right for Hellboy, but Bane, I believe should be played by someone between 24 and 35..

problem is tho, how many actors in that age range could actually manage to play Bane?

Thanks Starlock

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 07:14 PM
AverageSavage is currently offline Click here to Send AverageSavage a Private Message Find more posts by AverageSavage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by AverageSavage
problem is tho, how many actors in that age range could actually manage to play Bane?

Prolly not many

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 07:29 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Re: Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!

Originally posted by Starscream M
Here is why:

1. No penguin....danny devito's penguin was iconic, Nolan won't touch it...also penguin isn't intimidating enough for bale batman

2. no clayface/Mr. Freeze...either requires too much suspension of belief and special effects...not Nolan's style. Nolan prefers gritty realistic villains.

3. no Catwoman...at least as a villain. it seems contrived to have a catwoman in the nolan batman canon, what with no mention of Selina in the 2 movies so far.

4. no two-face...as the only villain. Two-face simply can't carry a movie, also two-face wasn't really even a villain in the dark knight.

5. no joker...for obvious reasons

6. no riddler...too silly, too similar to joker's style of mental games...too wacky to fit in Nolan's batuniverse

7. No rha's al ghul...I just didn't like his portrayal by Nesson.

What Nolan prefers in villain is someone who is intimidating but also believable and realistic. That removes out clowns like scarface, mad hatter, killer croc and the other two bits.

Also, NO villain can mentally torture batman like the Joker. So the nxt villain has to PHYSICALLY beat the Batman.

And that brings us to Bane!

Bane is the perfect Nolan villain. He's smart, he's powerful, intimidating and he's new. He has an interesting but unwacky backstory, his intent to rule Gotham makes an interesting plotline, and him fighting with batman will deliver a new level of action excitement to the batman movie. So I say Bane should be the next major villain.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 02:22 PM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

I was right! smile

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 06:28 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I was right! smile

(please log in to view the image)

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 06:44 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

This makes me think that Nolan might end his trilogy with Batman dead, because I can't imagine Nolan would decide to use Bane and not include the infamous scene of Bane breaking the Bat.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 06:51 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I wonder how he will transfer bane into the nolan batman universe

http://www.moviesonline.ca/2011/01/...-catwoman-ban/#

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 07:29 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I wonder how he will transfer bane into the nolan batman universe

http://www.moviesonline.ca/2011/01/...-catwoman-ban/#

not sure how, but Nolan will do it good..

I hope the next people imvolved will keep Batman in same world as Nolan

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 07:44 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

not sure how, but Nolan will do it good..

I hope the next people imvolved will keep Batman in same world as Nolan

It will depend on the success of Avengers. If that takes off then WB will make the next iteration of Batman a shared universe with Superman / GL / Flash. If Avengers tanks Batman will stay grounded,

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 07:49 PM
Starscream M

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It will depend on the success of Avengers. If that takes off then WB will make the next iteration of Batman a shared universe with Superman / GL / Flash. If Avengers tanks Batman will stay grounded,
I feel like Nolan's batman would never join the Justice League...no matter how successful avengers is

In nolan's universe, I doubt superman exists.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 07:57 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stall_19
Herald of Galactus

Bane, huh. I'll be interested in seeing what Nolan does with the character. Hardy better start taking those steroids though smile

It's too bad the Punisher is a Marvel character because he would fit right in to Nolan's universe. Just a random thought.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 08:02 PM
Stall_19 is currently offline Click here to Send Stall_19 a Private Message Find more posts by Stall_19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm not sure WB will even worry about what Marvel is doing.. besides already it is rumored that Darren Aronofsky will replace Team Nolan once he is done

I feel like Nolan's batman would never join the Justice League...no matter how successful avengers is

exactly we will never see Nolanverse in a Justice League film, that may change once Darren Aronofsky or someone else takes over, but i will wait and see about that..

Supes may have been in Nolanverse had he stayed with the Superman movie

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 08:03 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I was right! smile

Only half right. You ruled out Catwoman and she is in it as well.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 08:53 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Nolan's Batman won't but if Avenger's is successful DC will see the potential of a shared universe and Nolan-verse ends with this movie. Then it is reboot time.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 09:28 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I'm not sure WB will even worry about what Marvel is doing.. besides already it is rumored that Darren Aronofsky will replace Team Nolan once he is done

exactly we will never see Nolanverse in a Justice League film, that may change once Darren Aronofsky or someone else takes over, but i will wait and see about that..

As cool as it would be Aronofsky isn't coming into do a 4thquel in the Batman franchise. I mean only reason he is doing Wolverine is because of his relationship with Fox Search light, and that it will allow him to do due the riskier avantegarde movies he actually wants to make in the future with bigger budgets. The only reason he would come on to due Batman at this point would be for a paycheck, that is essentially what Wolverine is, so I don't see it happening.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 09:33 PM
darthmaul1

I hope Nolan does stay on to continue with batman. there is absoulutly no need for a reboot, and if superman and green lantern is ok (fingers crossed) then i could definatly see a justice league movie with nolans batman. I have always like the justice league more than the avengers anyway.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 10:08 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

As cool as it would be Aronofsky isn't coming into do a 4thquel in the Batman franchise. I mean only reason he is doing Wolverine is because of his relationship with Fox Search light, and that it will allow him to do due the riskier avantegarde movies he actually wants to make in the future with bigger budgets. The only reason he would come on to due Batman at this point would be for a paycheck, that is essentially what Wolverine is, so I don't see it happening.

but you never really know.. Aronofsky is one rumor and I am positive that once filming for TDKR stops and the film comes out more rumors will start flying as too who will replace Nolan and Co.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 10:10 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

but you never really know.. Aronofsky is one rumor and I am positive that once filming for TDKR stops and the film comes out more rumors will start flying as too who will replace Nolan and Co.

I would love Aronofsky on Batman, frankly I think he is a better and more innovative director than Nolan, but coming of a career high (after the Wrestler and Black Swan) to try and top Nolan's spectacular work on Batman could only hurt career at this point.

Unless Rises flops (critically and with fans, it is going to rake in cash regardless), then Aronofsky could be brought into "save" the franchise, but I doubt that will happen. Frankly at this point Aronofsky has as much to gain from doing a Batman 4thquel as Scorsese or the Coen brothers.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 10:23 PM