KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!

Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I like Aronofsky as a director, but after hearing a review on BOF about the script he previously proposed for Batman, I don't want him near the franchise. His script had Bruce Wayne raised in an autoshop by two mechanics rather than by Alfred. There were some other parts to the script that were way off base too.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 11:06 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I would love Aronofsky on Batman, frankly I think he is a better and more innovative director than Nolan, but coming of a career high (after the Wrestler and Black Swan) to try and top Nolan's spectacular work on Batman could only hurt career at this point.

I think though whoever W gets to replace Nolan won't be able to top what has done but will still do a good job

Originally posted by Myth
I like Aronofsky as a director, but after hearing a review on BOF about the script he previously proposed for Batman, I don't want him near the franchise. His script had Bruce Wayne raised in an autoshop by two mechanics rather than by Alfred. There were some other parts to the script that were way off base too.

If he did become the next director, than I hope he realizes this scipt would drastic changes

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 12:44 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Traction

This could do with an official thread.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 11:02 AM
Traction is currently offline Click here to Send Traction a Private Message Find more posts by Traction Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Honestly didnt think we'd get a film with Bane as lead villain. No complaints though, his character needs redemption after his Schumacher portrayal. ugh...

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 05:16 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I think though whoever W gets to replace Nolan won't be able to top what has done but will still do a good job

If he did become the next director, than I hope he realizes this scipt would drastic changes

Never mind changes. Put that script in the garbage; Frank Miller was going to do some Sin City-type reinterpretation (the man has lost his bearings with Batman for years now.)

Besides, Aronofsky is turning his sights on Wolverine next.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 05:52 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Honestly didnt think we'd get a film with Bane as lead villain. No complaints though, his character needs redemption after his Schumacher portrayal. ugh...

Honestly I think we did need a villain who was physically a threat for Batman, the fact that Bane is an intellectual threat and a physical one is a bonus. I wonder if he will figure out Batman is Bruce Wayne like he did in the comics?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 07:45 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by roughrider
Never mind changes. Put that script in the garbage; Frank Miller was going to do some Sin City-type reinterpretation (the man has lost his bearings with Batman for years now.)

I think Aronofsky is just doing the one Wolverine, at least he is only contracted for one.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 07:45 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by roughrider

that won't take years though big grin

i understand what you're saying

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 10:28 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

As long as they don't overdo the realism with Bane, this movie has my full support. Bane will be a FANTASTIC villain if done correctly.

I also want to see Batman use detective skills in this upcoming film. Batman barely used any detective skills in every Batman film so far (though they briefly touched on his detective skills in Batman Forever). It would be nice if TDKR explores the detective side of Batman more, especially now that his main antagonist is one of his most intelligent villains in the comics.

Last edited by spidermanrocks on Jan 21st, 2011 at 03:44 AM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 03:40 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I hope they make Bane as smart as he is in the comics and not dumb him down like in a certain movie that shall not be named.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 05:38 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by Mindset
I hope they make Bane as smart as he is in the comics and not dumb him down like in a certain movie that shall not be named.

It would be impossible for him to be the films main villain if he was dumbed down.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 06:02 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

yea i hope that the realism is toned down a bit otherwise this movie will suck...i mean maybe make bane as strong as a strong man....how they can move push and pull trains and what not but make him just a little stronger then that...his venom would be his own creation of course so make it with a few imposable ingredients that would make its effects be a little more then realistic....it would be close but that's all any of these movies are...close to realistic none of them are dead on with realism so i don't see a problem pushing the envelope a little more in this one area of the movie.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 09:24 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

dont know if this has been mentioned or not yet but Catwoman is in it as well. Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 09:25 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Myth
Only half right. You ruled out Catwoman and she is in it as well.

yeah I noticed nobody else has commented on that bit of important news.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 09:27 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Mr Parker
dont know if this has been mentioned or not yet but Catwoman is in it as well. Happy Dance

im not that happy about who got the role....but this might be another heath ledger so im intrigued.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 12:00 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
As long as they don't overdo the realism with Bane, this movie has my full support. Bane will be a FANTASTIC villain if done correctly.

I also want to see Batman use detective skills in this upcoming film. Batman barely used any detective skills in every Batman film so far (though they briefly touched on his detective skills in Batman Forever). It would be nice if TDKR explores the detective side of Batman more, especially now that his main antagonist is one of his most intelligent villains in the comics.

He used his detective skills to figure out Joker's toxin combination in B89.

Anyway, Bane and Catwoman... What do I say? It's a "meh" group imo, because it has a rarely used character in Bane (which I'm happy about) and one of the regular rotation in Catwoman (which I really didn't want)

The concept art looks ok, but the mask leaves a lot to be desired. Doesn't say "Bane" to me...

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 12:53 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

The concept art? Link please?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 11:37 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The concept art? Link please?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...23#post13193991

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 01:33 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thank you.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 10:37 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Traction

Not bad, but a full face mask would really give him that finishing "Bane" touch. With the white, ect.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 10:15 AM
Traction is currently offline Click here to Send Traction a Private Message Find more posts by Traction Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote