KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!

Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Starscream M
Here is why:

1. No penguin....danny devito's penguin was iconic, Nolan won't touch it...also penguin isn't intimidating enough for bale batman

Nicholson was so not iconic that Nolan wouldn't refuse to touch it, but DeVito is off limits? A breakdown in logic from the get-go.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 05:22 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by Joker1237
Twoface is not part of the big 4. Though out Batman's history the top 4 villians were Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman(Before she was revamp), Than after that, the rest of villians Twoface, Ivy, Scarcrow follow them.

Dude what? You think the Penguin is more of a major player in Batman stories than Two Face? Are you a Batman fan at all?

Originally posted by xNIXSONx
as for Reaper, Hush and all em, are they known enough by general people to be satisfied?

Well Rhas wasn't very well known to the general public either.

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Um... No...

The Reaper...

'Nuff said...

Seriously man. What is it with you and The Reaper? That's all you seem to mention in every batman thread here. What makes you think he'd be more interesting than villains like The Riddler or Catwoman?

My opinion on Bane - I don't like hiim as the villain for the third movie. To me, he just isn't interesting enough. I just finished re-reading the whole "knightfall" story again, and I was more interested in whenever Batman came across random villains like Firefly and Zsaz.

How interesting could Nolan make a roid raging giant?

Sig by Scribble

Last edited by Quincy on Jul 24th, 2008 at 05:53 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 05:51 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

I wanna see Riddler done in a serious tone. I think Nolan should be the one to give an awesome Riddler.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 06:17 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Re: Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!

Originally posted by Starscream M
Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!

Here is why:

7. No rha's al ghul...I just didn't like his portrayal by Nesson.

laughing

Apparently Nolan considers Starscream's opinion.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 06:25 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, why would Ra's even be on the list when he was blown to bits? Even the Lazarus Pit wouldn't save him because he was blown so sky high.

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 02:56 PM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

1. Bane as 'dumb muscle' was one of the (many) problems with the Schmuck's films.

2. Bane could very easily be realistic. Make 'Venom' a government super-steroid project gone wrong. I don't find that too unrealistic for Nolanverse.

3. Knightfall is one of the only storylines that has a hope of living up to The Dark Knight. Most anything else will be a disappointment.

I hope to see Bane or the Riddler brought in as Nolanverse's next villain. Perhaps with Catwoman as a side villain/love interest/something.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 05:25 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

exactly. Bane is just a muscle, a henchmen. steroids or probably be some performance enhancing drug.

No hes not he figured out Batmans true identity and came up with a plan to break him.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 05:44 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
No hes not he figured out Batmans true identity and came up with a plan to break him.

i didnt read up on bane, but its these schumacher films that is making it very difficult to imagine these villains in nolanverse

k i wikied bane and it said Bane took down drug lords, and sometimes had the backin of batman. that would be interesting.

Last edited by xNIXSONx on Jul 24th, 2008 at 06:02 PM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 05:59 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

i didnt read up on bane, but its these schumacher films that is making it very difficult to imagine these villains in nolanverse

k i wikied bane and it said Bane took down drug lords, and sometimes had the backin of batman. that would be interesting.

Like I said, theres only 2-3 people that can get to Batman and thery are Joker, Bane and Hush. Forget Riddler he's a 2nd rate back up villain.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 06:03 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Quincy
Seriously man. What is it with you and The Reaper? That's all you seem to mention in every batman thread here. What makes you think he'd be more interesting than villains like The Riddler or Catwoman?

1. He's new to the general public: A lot of people in the general public don't know about him, thus, don't know what to expect from him... Giving the film a new layer of suspense that guys like Riddler couldn't supply...

2. Rachel is based on a comic character named Rachel Caspian, who just so happens to be Judson Caspian's daughter... You know who Judson Caspian is? That's right, he's The Reaper... After Gotham went to hell in Begins and Rachel [SPOILER - highlight to read]: died by the Joker's hand in TDK he'd have a reason to return to Gotham after a lengthy retirement in Europe...

3. The main part of the story in the next one is Batman being on the run and proving he isn't a murderous vigilante... What better way to prove he's truly Gotham's guardian than by stopping a murderous vigilante, in this case, The Reaper?

4. He's an awesome visual, awesomer than Riddler for sure (maybe not Catwoman, but then again, who's a better visual than Catwoman? wink )

See for yourself:
(please log in to view the image)

And I remember reading somewhere that Nolan liked the character, and he used bits and pieces of the comic Year Two and it's sequel, Full Circle, in Begins (Joe Chill gets killed before Bruce can kill him, Rachel, Bruce throws the gun in the river, etc.) So it's not all that far fetched to think he'd use the villain in the next one...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 06:04 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Forget schumacher. The film is based on the comic and if you read what Bane was like in the comics he would fit perfectly in Nolanverse

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 06:04 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Forget schumacher. The film is based on the comic and if you read what Bane was like in the comics he would fit perfectly in Nolanverse

its just schumach tainted my judgement, and the first thing that came to mind when i thought of Bane was that lol. But if he is as smart and strategic as he's supposed to be, he could work.

and to bat dude

3. there is already a murderous vigilante on the loose, Two Face. there is no way he's gone. "but but i thoguth he was dead?" "no. half."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 06:13 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Hmmm, I just read through Reaper's story. Not bad I suppose. I'd be a little bummed if he was the villain strictly because I like all of the others more.

But if they do use the reaper, they should have established his character as Rachel's father already.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 06:16 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

and to bat dude

3. there is already a murderous vigilante on the loose, Two Face. there is no way he's gone. "but but i thoguth he was dead?" "no. half."

But the people don't know Harvey's a murderous vigilante... That's the whole reason he's taking the blame for Harvey's crimes... If he just showed up and gunned a person down, people would be like "Yo man, you lied to us!" and then rally around Batman again... That would make no sense... All that covering up would be for nothing... Not to mention it would be bad writing and very anti-climactic...

Reaper also has ties to Rachel, remember...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 06:18 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by Bat Dude
But the people don't know Harvey's a murderous vigilante... That's the whole reason he's taking the blame for Harvey's crimes... If he just showed up and gunned a person down, people would be like "Yo man, you lied to us!" and then rally around Batman again... That would make no sense... All that covering up would be for nothing... Not to mention it would be bad writing and very anti-climactic...

Reaper also has ties to Rachel, remember...

people will know that their beloved D.A. is merely half dead corrupt bastard killing mobsters. That will throw the city back to sh*t knowing this. He doesnt just gun down anyone, he's smarter than that, and he'll leave his choices to the coin whether he kills or not, plus he already took out [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the detecs that got bought out by malroni and sal himself im guessing he's gonna go to bruce wayne next, cuz Rachel told Harvey TWICE that Bruce is someone that she can trust and then she was on the sh*t end of the other phoneline and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: and got blown to chunks Theres something personal that stems there. Bruce will probably say he would never do something to put rachel in harms way, and maybe even confess that he loved her, and theres some sh*t to go down, if you found out your dead girlfriend was still hanging around her ex while you were seeing her and he possibly had a helping hand in her demise, man....

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 06:39 PM
Squirrel Fart

Vin Diesel as Bane??? just pump him up and he's not a bad actor. Plus chicks love him so he's good for sales. He also has a cool voice.

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/fringedrinking/riddick1.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b...handcuffs_L.jpg

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:20 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Vin Diesel as Bane??? just pump him up and he's not a bad actor. Plus chicks love him so he's good for sales. He also has a cool voice.

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/fringedrinking/riddick1.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b...handcuffs_L.jpg

laughing lmfao

ooooh man that is classic. K he does have a cool voice. IRON GIANT, but Diesel is second rate to Chuck Norris wink

why not get Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:26 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Rock is a great actor, but when it comes to comic characters, ya gotta think logically with the casting. Neither the Rock nor Vin Diesel would be right as Bane. They'd get laughed at so hard it'd be ridiculous.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:50 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by Da Joker
The Rock is a great actor, but when it comes to comic characters, ya gotta think logically with the casting. Neither the Rock nor Vin Diesel would be right as Bane. They'd get laughed at so hard it'd be ridiculous.

what about that dude Nathan Jones, the giant guy from The Protector, and Troy, he shouldve been the juggernaut in X3

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 03:00 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe Juggernaut but not Bane.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 03:30 AM