KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!

Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, we can, because their origin can simply be explained to some extent in the movie. But it's sad that when people think Batman villains they only think of the Joker. This proves that writers need to start using other villain's a lot more than they currently do.

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 04:41 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Yeah, totally. A nine foot tall, towering behemoth of muscle mass thanks to the product of venom coursing through his body is totally realistic compared to a man born with physical deformities (penguin) or a circus freak with a rare skin disease (croc) let alone a mean who could easily cheat death and employs a league of ninjas (ghul). No, Bane takes it, right?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 09:54 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

He doesn't have to be 9 ft or any of that. I can see a super serum working because scientists are actually working on that kind of thing. Bane is definitely realistic enough for Nolan's movies.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 09:56 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Da Joker
He doesn't have to be 9 ft or any of that. I can see a super serum working because scientists are actually working on that kind of thing. Bane is definitely realistic enough for Nolan's movies.

Nah, if you want realism, look at the Penguin (a deformed politician), the Riddler (Just a very smart man) even Harley or Catwoman (basically really athletic women).

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:01 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bane could be realistic too, bro. In fact, most of his rogue's gallery consist of villain's that could be incorporated into this universe.

I'd love to see Harley Quinn though.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:03 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Bane could be realistic too, bro.

If realism means stripping him of whatever makes him Bane, then for sure. They'd have to explain the concept of a super-serum, I don't know how they're coing to incorperate venom into the whole thing like they do in the comic, and if that's the case, why can't it work for any other villain.

Mr. Freeze, a science experiment went wrong and left his entire body vulnerable to heat, thus he incorperates a suit to maintain his body temperature. See, how's that far off?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:13 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mr. Freeze isn't far off at all because there are people like that in real life. Bane can be done as well because they are actually working on a super serum that, when injected into a certain part of the body, causes it to grow more when one is training and repair itself quicker. Bane is very possible.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:15 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Mr. Freeze isn't far off at all because there are people like that in real life. Bane can be done as well because they are actually working on a super serum that, when injected into a certain part of the body, causes it to grow more when one is training and repair itself quicker. Bane is very possible.

Is this serum composed of, or originate from venom? I doubt that. We're not gonna get a Bane onscreen that isn't a venom-junkie, that would be out of character. One thing is a prop like the Scarecrow's scythe but another thing is what makes that character unique.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:17 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why does it have to be venom? They're going for realism, and venom isn't really important. Have it be scientific, have him be virtually addicted to it, and there you go.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:22 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Why does it have to be venom? They're going for realism, and venom isn't really important. Have it be scientific, have him be virtually addicted to it, and there you go.

Venom based steriods is what makes Bane, dude. It's like the Scarecrow using laughing gas instead of fear toxin. It makes the character.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:23 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

As I said, if they want to be realistic, they'll use realistic components that could possibly actually make it and possibly have it codenamed venom.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:24 AM
Scythe
The Goat

As I said, if they want to be realistic, they'll use realistic components that could possibly actually make it and possibly have it codenamed venom.

Yes, but that would be stupid and a huge cop out. It would upset many who are indeed fans of Bane. It's like integrating electronic lights on swords that amplify it's power and dubbing the project 'lightsabers'. It's not needed and seems like they're just splitting hairs for that extra bit off realism.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:29 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Venom or not, as I said, Bane can work in this universe. The venom argument is kind of ridiculous to me.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:31 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Venom or not, as I said, Bane can work in this universe. The venom argument is kind of ridiculous to me.

Dude, seriously. The only component that makes Bane who he is has been branded ridiculous by you? Is integrating Poison Ivy's love of nature a ridiculous argument for you as well if she is somehow added to the next film's roster?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:38 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ivy is a horrible villane so I could care less what changes they make to her in any incarnation but I know she better not ever be in Nolan's world. Bane on the other hand, as I said, can be done if they simply codename whatever they use venom. Simple as that.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:41 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Ivy is a horrible villane so I could care less what changes they make to her in any incarnation but I know she better not ever be in Nolan's world. Bane on the other hand, as I said, can be done if they simply codename whatever they use venom. Simple as that.

That's gonna suck for Bane fans.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:42 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

It won't at all.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:43 AM
Scythe
The Goat

It won't at all.

You can speak for the Bane fans? It's alright to take the integral part that makes a character buff to the max and substitute something else?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:44 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

It won't suck for me at all, and I doubt Bane fans are going to go into a hell of a frenzy over it just being codenamed venom.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:45 AM
Scythe
The Goat

It won't suck for me at all, and I doubt Bane fans are going to go into a hell of a frenzy over it just being codenamed venom.

Totally, just like Joker fans didn't go into a frenzy when they found out Ledger's Joker was gonna wear face paint, when everyone knows his entire skin is white. It's the little things that matter man, just because they are unimportant to you, doesn't mean hardcore fans of a said character won't mind.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:48 AM