KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Will The Dark Knight beat Titanic's box office?

Will The Dark Knight break Titanic's record?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
It will take just the North American title 12 30.00%
It will take the Worldwide title 5 12.50%
It will take both, and be the biggest film ever! 10 25.00%
It won't take either title; Titanic can't be passed 13 32.50%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Will The Dark Knight beat Titanic's box office?
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Aurora
Personally I have saw it twice and we will probally go at least once more. I see many many fans doing the same thing. I think it will pass Titanic at least in the US.

We will??? confused

Heck, you will get no complaints from me...I think this is by far one of the best films to have been released in my lifetime!

I think TDK has a good start, but to honestly reach that point of beating Titantic they would need to create another stir about the film. I can't see it maintaining the pace as it is at now.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 05:44 PM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hated Titanic so I really hope TDK takes it's throne.

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 05:44 PM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Maybe...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 06:19 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

If people keep going to see it over & over like they have been doing, it could do so.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 06:47 PM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

I'm not sure it will break the record. Remember, the fastest movie to $300 million before this one was the second Pirates of the Carribbean, and that movie still fell about $177 million short of Titanic. The fastest to $400 million was Shrek 2, and even that fell $159 million short.

Titanic made it's money by staying in the movie theater for a hell of a long time, rather than doing it quickly. Remember, Titanic isn't even in the top 10 in "fastest to $xxx million", but it's never even been threatened for most all-time, even with the numerous Star Wars re-releases.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 07:11 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

TDK is certainly threatening it now. If it doesn't surpass Titanic, it'll at least get very very close.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 08:19 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

I agree it will get closer than any other movie. I'm just not convinced it will pass it.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 08:39 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peejay88

I come from a Town in the North West of England and can say that i have never seen the cinema so busy as it has been lately, even for releases like Star Wars 3, the latest Indiana Jones, and even Titanic. I even saw people dressed as characters from the movie which i've never seen before outside of the U.S! And my Parents went to see it and they only ever go to the cinema for birthdays and stuff HA! It does have a shot but i don't think it will surpass that particular record, fingers crossed though!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 09:21 PM
peejay88 is currently offline Click here to Send peejay88 a Private Message Find more posts by peejay88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by peejay88
I come from a Town in the North West of England and can say that i have never seen the cinema so busy as it has been lately, even for releases like Star Wars 3, the latest Indiana Jones, and even Titanic. I even saw people dressed as characters from the movie which i've never seen before outside of the U.S! And my Parents went to see it and they only ever go to the cinema for birthdays and stuff HA! It does have a shot but i don't think it will surpass that particular record, fingers crossed though!

Absolutely! I would much rather The Dark Knight have that title than Titanic.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 09:31 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Menetnashté
Honestly I don't want it in theaters all that long, I'll be compelled to go see it again, spending bundles of money to see it once.

I'm not worried about the money I spend to see it or how many records it breaks. I just want it out of the theaters and on the shelf next to my copy of Batman Begins as soon as possible. Or better yet, in my DVD player where it belongs. I hate movie theaters, but I've braved them 4 times now, and will continue to do so as long as I have to see it there. I'm just not looking forward to the months between it's departure from the theater and it's release on DVD.

Last edited by Devil King on Jul 28th, 2008 at 10:35 PM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 10:32 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, it comes out on DVD December 2nd, and that's close to my birthday which is close to Christmas, so I'm happy.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 11:30 PM
Dyno
Authority

Originally posted by Da Joker
Well, it comes out on DVD December 2nd, and that's close to my birthday which is close to Christmas, so I'm happy.

WOOO, if you're lucky, you might get one for your birthday and one for your Christmas.laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 12:39 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why would I even want two? That'd be a waste of money.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 01:17 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

We'll have to see how big The Mummy 3 opens this Friday. It's seven years after the last one; no one's been knocking down the door for another one. I bet TDK will hang on to the No.1 spot for another week, and continue to steamroll.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 03:44 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

On boxofficemojo, it says the movie now sits at $442 worldwide, that's ****ing amazing. And the Mummy won't take the number one spot, anyone want to make a bet it won't?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 03:49 AM
Air Legend
Moderat0r

You spelled overseas wrong. And it more than likely means a lot in Austrailia. Even so, if it doesn't mean as much, people will still go see the film.

Yea and you used the wrong to...
Why would I even want two? That'd be a waste of money.

Trust me, you don't want to have a grammar quarrel with me.

Michael Demiurgos Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 04:37 AM
Air Legend is currently offline Click here to Send Air Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Air Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

That was meant as why would I even want two copies? I guess some aren't smart enough to interpret those types of things. Just be quiet boy.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 04:46 AM
Air Legend
Moderat0r

Heh, you're right. Didn't read the convo. Either way, that doesn't require interpretation capabilities. It does, however, require reading comprehension competence (since you're assuming I read the convo and didn't understand it). To make it simple, poor word choice.

Also, you need the word "in" before why and the word "people" after some.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 05:05 AM
Air Legend is currently offline Click here to Send Air Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Air Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I type too fast and post too much to care. Drop it & move on.

But, I guess your next post will prove whether you can drop something or not.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 05:10 AM
Air Legend
Moderat0r

I take it that you won't be correcting any of my spelling errors anymore wink

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 05:14 AM