KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Lucas wants Indy 5..but Spielberg says otherwise...

Lucas wants Indy 5..but Spielberg says otherwise...
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Indeed his lack of includance was a nail in the coffin.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 08:03 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heat_Vision
Awesome

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I mention this before but Crystal Skull could have used Nazis instead of
Soviets. It would have made PERFECT sense! After WWII many Nazis escaped to South America to avoid war trials. But Soviets? They only care about science and space exploration. Not much connection. Nazis were more occcultists and sinister.

I say this...let Lucas keep Indiana in the 50s but throw in some Nazis in the story. Heck! they can use skinheads if they want.

I think it was more of a **** you to the soviets because of thier tentacles being in the war that America is presently in. If we were still fighting the Nazis or they somehow (how?) remanifested into present afairs maybe he would have felt the urge to say **** you to the Nazis. As it stands some young kid out there somewhere enjoyed the movie and that young kid may turn out to be the future Nazi ruler of the world. Wtf were you thinking Steven? Also, while I have your attention I would like to open my own club and I was woundering if I could borrow a million dollars? I promise I will pay it back with a quarter mill on top to grease your wheels for any future projects you might have.

Your Amigo,
Heat_Vision

Life is like a death sentence; you never know what you're going to get.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 01:14 AM
Heat_Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Heat_Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Heat_Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Originally posted by Jedireaper
I miss Lawrence Kazdan, he wrote thr best screenplays... SW: Empire, Jedi, Indy: Raiders.

Well he was "one" of the writers with those films.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 08:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I mention this before but Crystal Skull could have used Nazis instead of
Soviets. It would have made PERFECT sense! After WWII many Nazis escaped to South America to avoid war trials. But Soviets? They only care about science and space exploration. Not much connection. Nazis were more occcultists and sinister.

I say this...let Lucas keep Indiana in the 50s but throw in some Nazis in the story. Heck! they can use skinheads if they want.
I think they could have had both Nazis and Soviets. Think about it, instead of Soviets searching for the Crystal Skull its former-Nazis. Then, upon finding the Crystal skull, one of them sees the space ship/dimension ship, escapes, gets caught by the Commies, and tells them everything. Next movie, voila, Indiana's villains are now the Commies searching for technology from those aliens, and the movies have had a good transition from Nazis to Soviets.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 08:55 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Indy 4 was a letdown; another sequel would probably be worse.

They should stop while they're already behind imo and not create another poor sequel.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 10:33 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
I think they could have had both Nazis and Soviets. Think about it, instead of Soviets searching for the Crystal Skull its former-Nazis. Then, upon finding the Crystal skull, one of them sees the space ship/dimension ship, escapes, gets caught by the Commies, and tells them everything. Next movie, voila, Indiana's villains are now the Commies searching for technology from those aliens, and the movies have had a good transition from Nazis to Soviets.

Darabont had both in his script.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 04:52 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Lucas, forget about making kid friendly films which KotCS evdently is... and it sucked like Sith, oops, shit!

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 06:25 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"Euuuurrrrghmmmm... Yes George..... To Jedireaper you listen!!!
Mind what taught you he has, save you it can!! heheheheheheheheee"

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 09:44 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

hehehe

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 09:45 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

I am unaware of the full details of the original script[s] made for Indy 4, so could someone please tell me what was originally the story for Indy 4?

Old Post May 25th, 2009 01:27 AM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Err... what'd you call original. Originally it was to be about aliens.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 02:00 PM
TheVapor
Hero

Well I believe there is supposed to be some differences between what was originally considered, and what actually got in. Are these differences worth mentioning or are they just trivial?

Old Post May 26th, 2009 02:43 AM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, no. I think not. The problem is that basically some scripts were written based on lucas' ideas but they didn't quite capture Lucas' original idea about what teh storyline should be. So what should we consider as 'original' in this case?

Old Post May 26th, 2009 06:18 AM
TheVapor
Hero

I guess I'm referring to the original scripts that didn't capture Lucas' idea for what should happen.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 07:20 PM
queeq
Chaos

Ah... well, I liked the Darabont script myself. It seemed to work much better.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 06:31 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Could you PM me such a script?

Im actually quite interested in the "what could have been" alternative.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 07:48 PM
queeq
Chaos

You better PM me with your e-mail...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 09:29 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Done.

Cheers, Mr Queeq. smile

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 01:04 AM
queeq
Chaos

Received and responded

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 06:50 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

big grin Nice one, matey. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Jim Laaaaaaaaaaaaad..!!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 07:00 PM