KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Off Topic Circle Jerk

Off Topic Circle Jerk
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1316): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

The Official Movie Versus Forum Social Thread

This thread, my friends, is where we can vent all of our emotions when things get too heated, or where we can discuss versus matches without making a thread, per se, or where we, the posters of the MVF, can socialize. Consider this the OTF thread of the MVF.

I doubt I need to remind anyone, but all KMC Rules and Regs still apply here. Behave! stick out tongue

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Aug 17th, 2014 at 06:40 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 09:52 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Hooray!

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 09:54 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

We still need to come to a consensus about a new MVF rule that will prevent anymore shitstorms from happening (canon/law/physics/changes).

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 09:55 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
We still need to come to a consensus about a new MVF rule that will prevent anymore shitstorms from happening (canon/law/physics/changes).

I'd keep movie only for now and maybe give non-Canon (if specified) a try in a few months, as long as it isn't abused.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 09:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

So what would you propose for a new rule?

Here is what I had in mind:

New Rule #1: The thread starter, when making a new thread, will provide ground rules for the match in question. These rules are: location, time, equipment, abilities, and handicaps, if any. Ground rules that have been set will not change, as it will create mass confusion.

New Rule #2: Any match in the MVF will use movie canon law. The physics/abilities/surroundings will be the same as was in the respective movie of each combatant.

Sound good? Any suggestions for revision?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 10:06 PM
Bardock42

New Rule #1: The thread starter, when making a new thread, will provide ground rules for the match in question. These rules are: location, time, equipment, abilities, and handicaps, if any. Ground rules that have been set will not change, as it will create mass confusion.

New Rule #2: Any match in the MVF will use movie canon law. The physics/abilities/surroundings will be the same as was in the respective movie of each combatant.

I'd leave surroundings out. But except for that I think those are good rules for a smooth debate.

But, what could happen is that we have 50 different sets of Han Solo vs. Batman debates, each with a different setting for example....

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 10:07 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

You don"t think that the surrounds would affect anything?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 10:10 PM
Bardock42

I am not exactly sure a) what you mean with surroundings and b) how you could ensure that the surroundings of both movies are met.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 10:13 PM
Impediment
Endless

I mean a mutual surrounding that will stay and not randomly change.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 10:14 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I don't have problems withe these two new rules, except for time and handicaps.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 10:15 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I don't have problems withe these two new rules, except for time and handicaps.

How so?

Lemme know, guys. I'm making these rules for you. Tell me why.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 10:17 PM
Bardock42

I mean a mutual surrounding that will stay and not randomly change.

Oh, yeah, I think surroundings should be part of Rule 1, it just confuses me in Rule 2.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 10:18 PM
Impediment
Endless

What about Gauntlets? Would those kind of threads be fun, you think? I've had a few requests for them, actually.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 10:22 PM
dadudemon

Environment is a huge part of a vs. debate.

Take Neo vs. Luke Skywalker.

Outside of the Matrix, Neo gets his ass handed to him without any effort on Luke's part.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 10:24 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

To me when I make a thread I never really consider time a factor. It doesn't matter to me if a match starts at night or during the day. As for handicaps, if you handicap one person/team then the other should also be handicapped to make for a fair match. In most matches the time of a match really isn't a factor whether or not a person/team wins or loses., Unless its stated by the thread starter that so and so has a certain amount of time to win or lose then I can see time being a factor.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 10:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

What about Gauntlets? Would those kind of threads be fun, you think? I've had a few requests for them, actually.

I personally don't like them, but if others do then why not...

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 10:30 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Gauntlets are fun. I've done a couple in the comics v. forum.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 10:33 PM
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Bardock42
I personally don't like them, but if others do then why not...

So you're not opposed?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 11:55 PM
Bardock42

So you're not opposed?

Nah. I don't think there's anything wrong with them as such, and I am sure they can be fun for some. I just won't participate.

Of course they'd probably need special rules.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 12:00 AM
Impediment
Endless

True.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 12:03 AM