KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Off Topic Circle Jerk

Off Topic Circle Jerk
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1316): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
To me when I make a thread I never really consider time a factor. It doesn't matter to me if a match starts at night or during the day. As for handicaps, if you handicap one person/team then the other should also be handicapped to make for a fair match. In most matches the time of a match really isn't a factor whether or not a person/team wins or loses., Unless its stated by the thread starter that so and so has a certain amount of time to win or lose then I can see time being a factor.

What about if the handicap were to make a character more comparable to another for the purposes of making the match more fair?

Gauntlets seem to be pretty popular, there's always a few active around my forum.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Last edited by Peach on Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:19 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 12:12 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I have to agree with that.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 12:18 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Peach
What about if the handicap were to make a character more comparable to another for the purposes of making the match more fair?

Gauntlets seem to be pretty popular, there's always a few active around my forum.

I see no problems with that as long as the thread starter specifies it. . It should make for more good matches

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 12:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Idea for a new MVF Amendment:

Gauntlet matches and Army fights.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 07:51 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up and thumb up

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 07:57 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

You don't think that this has potential for a cluster f*ck?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 07:58 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh hell yeah it does

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 08:01 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

No...

They both work fine in the other vs. forums.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 08:03 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Impediment

It's a good idea.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 08:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gues I'll get the ball rolling on the Army versus Army thing. wink

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 08:04 PM
Impediment
Endless

Fine by me.

Lemme know if I can moll over another rule.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2008 10:47 PM
Impediment
Endless

Updated Rule #4 in the Rules Thread to include Army/Group matches.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 09:47 PM
Impediment
Endless

(me talking to myself)

Why do I have to be so lenient sometimes? I wish, sometimes, I was as strict as Ushgarak and could just do what needs to be done.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 09:18 PM
dadudemon

(me talking to myself)

Why do I have to be so lenient sometimes? I wish, sometimes, I was as strict as Ushgarak and could just do what needs to be done.

Naaaaaah. You're doing fine. However, after Placidty's last post, I would have banned him for 3 days. That was a bit over the line after you gave out a non-warning warning.

I think it's fun to throw insults at each other until it gets too serious. Mature adults usually know where to draw the line on the insulting.

Besides, spiderman is awesome and can hold his own against most in the fantasy world...but not a good Jedi or Sith. big grin Placidty knows that. He's frustrated for other reasons. I've disagreed with RJ in the past and it probably went on for pages...however, it never ended up like this...so they're doin' it wrong, man!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 09:26 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

What movie is that from? "You're doing it wrong?"

Old Post Feb 6th, 2009 06:38 AM
Impediment
Endless

So what is the deal with the Spider-Man/Jedi Order thread? I apologize for my lack of presence as of late, but work has been kicking my ass.

What seems to be the problem? I have gotten a few PMs today.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2009 11:33 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It seems to have gone down like this...

Dadudamon was citing a lot of feats from the EU material including the CW cartoon. (The original one) while decrying stuff we saw on screen. RJ asserted that Anakin landed the Half a ship with the force in ROTS, but beyond that has been pro-canon.

That leads onto argument 2.

This was regards to the clash between the canons of the CW movie and all existing canon before (Anakin having an apprentice himself pre jedi master status, Grevious clearly having his movie appearance already, as opposed to the original CW cartoon, where he walks hunched and coughs becuse Mace force crushed him at the battle of coruscant in the cartoon. etc)

(Despite canon being that Jedi dont use their powers for attack anyway.)

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Feb 9th, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2009 11:36 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
It seems to have gone down like this...

Dadudamon was citing a lot of feats from the EU material including the CW cartoon. (The original one) while decrying stuff we saw on screen. RJ asserted that Anakin landed the Half a ship with the force in ROTS, but beyond that has been pro-canon.

That leads onto argument 2.

This was regards to the clash between the canons of the CW movie and all existing canon before (Anakin having an apprentice himself pre jedi master status, Grevious clearly having his movie appearance already, as opposed to the original CW cartoon, where he walks hunched and coughs becuse Mace force crushed him at the battle of coruscant in the cartoon. etc)

(Despite canon being that Jedi dont use their powers for attack anyway.)
I implied that he used the force in addition to his kickass piloting skills to land the ship.

And we see Jedi use their powers for attack time and time again.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2009 05:37 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

So Yoda just pulled that out of his ass..?

Yodas teachings to Luke were probably revised by 21 years of sitting around in a swamp thinking "Oooopsss. Beat, my ass got last time I went on the attack."

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Feb 10th, 2009 04:24 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

It really depends on what your definition of "defense" is.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2009 07:21 PM