KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Off Topic Circle Jerk

Off Topic Circle Jerk
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1316): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

quote: (post)
Originally posted by retturnnerr
Well then, let's have Godzilla fight the Juggernaut. WHo wins?
Godzilla is over 200 feet tall, probably more than 400 feet long and has awesome atomic-breath powers and all that. Juggernaut can create a powerful forcefield with his helmet that can smash through almost anything. Description:

Godzilla was smashing the heck out of Tokyo. He destroyed it completely then swam to the U.S. The U.S. army tries to stop him but it seems nothing hurts him so Juggernaut says "Hey Greenie, NOTHING CAN STOP THE JUGGERNAUT!!!" then Godzilla is angered and starts trying to step on the marvel character. Who wins.

In X-men 3 the last stand. Vinny Jones(juggernaut) could basically ony smash through things and punch/kick very hard. No force fields to speak of.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:45 PM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
retturnnerr
Admiral of the Wet Fleet

Well, while Godzilla has a weight of most probably over 8,000 tonnes so he could probably step a force of 50,000 tonnes right?

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:58 PM
retturnnerr is currently offline Click here to Send retturnnerr a Private Message Find more posts by retturnnerr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

Ummmmmm no. And i dont see how thats a relevant response.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 04:19 PM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by omgchos
In X-men 3 the last stand. Vinny Jones(juggernaut) could basically ony smash through things and punch/kick very hard. No force fields to speak of.
Accurate.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 6th, 2009 08:49 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I want to make a Zohan vs. thread...but I dunno who would be a good match.

So, who can mess with the Zohan?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post May 20th, 2009 11:01 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bulletproof Monk.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 24th, 2009 08:39 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

You asked for it! stick out tongue

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post May 24th, 2009 08:42 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Kickass, I'm looking forward to this. Actually, no I'm lying, I only like watching the cinematics. I only really like playing the FPS games by LucasArts, like Jediknight 2 and Jedi Academy, those were really good. The Force Unleashed looked really sweet, but wasn't on PC...

Anyway, this is proabably one of their best cinematics ever.

If you guys are into this, as RJ probably will be, you should download the highres trailer. It looks 100x better.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 11:23 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Looks awesome. Too bad I'm not a PC gamer. I prefer console.

I wanted to ask everyone here if we should amend Rule #4 from the MVF Rules.

People have been PMing me about how, lately, people have been breaking rule number 4 by making threads pitting more than 3 vs. 3, and I wanted to see who here agrees or disagrees.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 10:17 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I would agree with a change.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 10:31 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the biggest problem is that people are not specific as to the conditions in most threads. Example, SST vs. ST. We need an exact number of combatants, and also which ST are allowed.

The number of combatants in a thread, IMO, is irrelevant, it gets confusing when we dont know if this is allowed, or that is allowed, and are forced to guess because the thread starter did a shit job starting the thread.

Initially I thought that we should disallow group threads, but they will be fine if the thread starter pays attention and is detailed.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 10:59 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I think an equally large problem is when people take the original conditions of the thread and change it frequently at every point at which they realise that they cannot prove their argument to be valid, until the thread suits their desired outcome whilst ignoring the vast flows of logic and evidence/arguments to the contrary.
And when that fails they rig one side to lose only because they have set an impossible task for the other character/characters..

We know this technique as "Gimping".

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jul 11th, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 12:40 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

...I didn't notice we have a social thread...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 06:19 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah but someone else did.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 08:01 PM
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I think an equally large problem is when people take the original conditions of the thread and change it frequently at every point at which they realise that they cannot prove their argument to be valid, until the thread suits their desired outcome whilst ignoring the vast flows of logic and evidence/arguments to the contrary.
And when that fails they rig one side to lose only because they have set an impossible task for the other character/characters..

We know this technique as "Gimping".

I agree with you that the thread starter should cement the rules, scenario, weapons, abilities, etc, etc, with in the first few posts of the thread. It would be very infuriating if everyone automatically changed the conditions of the thread at random intervals.

I should amend the rules to make this known, yes?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 08:11 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I just amended rule #7 in the MVF Rules.

I deleted the original rule about "no Star Wars fights" because I have been contradicting my own rules by allowing them to be in here, and, I figured, it's not that big of a deal.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 08:21 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
I agree with you that the thread starter should cement the rules, scenario, weapons, abilities, etc, etc, with in the first few posts of the thread. It would be very infuriating if everyone automatically changed the conditions of the thread at random intervals.

I should amend the rules to make this known, yes?
A problem will arise here. The thread starter might take off for a few days, and by the time he has come back, the thread is ten pages long, and, since he was not clear as to the conditions of the fight, the thread has turned into a travesty.

Why not just close the thread right away if the rules for conditions/limitations are not met?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 08:26 PM
Impediment
Endless

I'll do just that, then.

If the thread starter does, in fact, set the conditions of the match in only one post, and then goes away for, say a day, and then returns to an active thread with 3 to 4 pages, then it'll be too late. The match is underway.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 08:28 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Another question....Lets say someone starts "Neo versus Vader", with certain limitations, and right away it is obvious that Vader wins with the certain conditions. Can the thread starter then change the conditions, in interest of keeping the thread alive, in interest of making it an even playing field?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 08:32 PM
Impediment
Endless

It will be the thread starters responsibility to even out the playing fields of his thread during the first few opening posts. If the match is clearly uneven, I might allow some tweaks to be made.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 08:34 PM