KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Top 10 Most Scientifically Inaccurate Movies

The Top 10 Most Scientifically Inaccurate Movies
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

To be fair, the Starship Troopers thing is explained by the existence of the "brain bug".

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 11:03 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Re: Re: The Top 10 Scientifically Inaccurate Movies

Quite right, Bardock.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Radical
I always thought that was from atmospheric decompression or something.

I read it like it being a subtle clue that it was all in Quaid's head.
(On those watching sessions where I interpret as that being the case, at least)

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 10:12 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

For Jurassic park
Hey, the concept of gathering DNA from fossilized insects is not science fiction. But obtaining full living beings from that DNA IS scifi( or is for now). But isn't that the objective of fiction, to take the mind into the impossible?

Who knows why they called it Jurassic park ( cause surely Crichton knew the difference)

Oh my goodness, The core belongs right up there. Can't even start with the sheer ridiculousness of it.

The day after tomorrow isn't scientifically wrong, just the timeline of the sequence of events. All those things can happen, just not that fast ( well at least we hope so)

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 03:49 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Major bump.

After somewhat recently watching Paranormal Activity, I have deduced that this is the most scientifically inaccurate film of all time.

Think about it: A guy actually decides to voluntarily stay with a woman, with her constant, incessant whining and b!tching, who is haunted by a demon. The demon doesn't want the guy; it only want the b!tch.

And, yet.........he stays with her to help her fight her unseen nemesis.

Yeah.

Okay.

This goes against all known scientific logic.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 01:09 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

http://www.videosurf.com/video/miss...tinger-64398813

Yeah, they're on the moon, where rock people live and sunburns are really unhealthy.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 02:03 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultraviolence
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindship
http://www.videosurf.com/video/miss...tinger-64398813

Yeah, they're on the moon, where rock people live and sunburns are really unhealthy.

That was mildly amusing.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 05:16 AM
Ultraviolence is currently offline Click here to Send Ultraviolence a Private Message Find more posts by Ultraviolence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnT

Spider Man 2, the train fight between Spidey and Doc Ock.

Note: To understand this, you must have a basic graps of the principles of physics. And by "basic", I mean the level of understanding an average 2 year old has grasped.

DO picks up Spidey, throws him forward.
Spidey flies through an elevated walkway, his momentum allowing him to tackle DO from behind

Jesus friggin' wept, people.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 08:16 PM
JohnT is currently offline Click here to Send JohnT a Private Message Find more posts by JohnT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by JohnT
Spider Man 2, the train fight between Spidey and Doc Ock.

Note: To understand this, you must have a basic graps of the principles of physics. And by "basic", I mean the level of understanding an average 2 year old has grasped.

DO picks up Spidey, throws him forward.
Spidey flies through an elevated walkway, his momentum allowing him to tackle DO from behind

Jesus friggin' wept, people.

You made me curious. So....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NLgY6f60CA

1:45 I lol'd.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 09:30 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hulk, radiation doesn't give you superstrength.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 01:57 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Impediment
Major bump.

After somewhat recently watching Paranormal Activity, I have deduced that this is the most scientifically inaccurate film of all time.

Think about it: A guy actually decides to voluntarily stay with a woman, with her constant, incessant whining and b!tching, who is haunted by a demon. The demon doesn't want the guy; it only want the b!tch.

And, yet.........he stays with her to help her fight her unseen nemesis.

Yeah.

Okay.

This goes against all known scientific logic.

No, he’s expecting some poontang for being the “understanding boyfriend”

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 03:42 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Superman The Quest for Peace
Nuclear Man captures Lacey and moves her to space, and she doesn't die which is a giant inaccuracy because humans can't breathe in space without space suits.

1 of the Worst Movie Mistakes in Movies History.

Also because this is a awful movie the 2 Prison Guards that are in a car driven off a cliff, and the car explodes.
The Prison Guards would have died except they don't because this is a awful movie.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 06:29 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote