KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Lucas will do Indy 5 but with Harrison Ford.

Lucas will do Indy 5 but with Harrison Ford.
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Lucas will do Indy 5 with Harrison Ford.

Lucas gives a new interview:

http://www.time.com/time/arts/artic...1830435,00.html

Lucas REJECTS the idea of passing the torch to the character of Mutt Williams play by Shia Lebouf. However, Shia could be use for a future project such as The Chronicles of Young Indiana Jones.

HOWEVER, as Lucas says he wants Harrison Ford to remain Indiana Jones.

"He is Indiana Jones," Lucas said of Ford. "If Indiana Jones wasn't in it, you'd have to call it Mutt Williams and the search for Elvis. ... "Yeah, it's Mutt Williams and the search for Elvis."

My solution to this chaos.

Make a Chronicles of Young Indiana Jones movie without Shea.

Come on guys! You gotta love Lucas. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 04:40 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Thank **** for that.
He hasn't lost ALL his marbles, then. stick out tongue

In the new young Indy stars Mutt, then why not just call the series:
"Young idiot: The chronicles of a clueless f***wit"...?

Sounds like a seller to me.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Aug 9th, 2008 at 02:25 AM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 02:21 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But what would it be about? Mutt's just a greaser... would it be something like American Graffiti - the TV series?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 08:44 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Heh....Wouldn't put it past 'em.

Theres only one Fonzerelli and Mutt needs to be murdered brutally by the Aliens via chestburster in the next one to instigate some decent pissed off-Indy/Weaver inspired flamethrower action. stick out tongue

Actually. Forget the Aliens even, I'd settle for him slipping in the shower or on a banana peel... (perhaps left by the Nazi Monkey from raiders.)

Maybe he could be killed off screen like the guy in 'No Country for old men'... Thusly negating the neccesity for Shia Lebeof to be on screen AT ALL.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Aug 13th, 2008 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 08:10 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good point. He's off screen now... so he could die now.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 10:13 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heat_Vision
Awesome

Haha, I love the guy though. He seems like he really knows how to talk shit. If nothing else he could at least be a real smartass side kick.

Life is like a death sentence; you never know what you're going to get.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 10:05 PM
Heat_Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Heat_Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Heat_Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Shia's okay in my book.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 11:46 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

just keep the book closed wink

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 01:43 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

lolz Seriously though he is just fast with delivering obnoxious teen dialogue. A capable actor maybe just typecast for playing whiney obnoxious parts.

Plus his taking the cash and aiding and abetting the battering of whatever previously great series of yesteryear they are choosing to defile that particular week hasn't impressed me.

Perhaps he just needs a new agent before all he can get is the lead in "Shia Lebeouf and the supermarket-opening of doom". stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 03:27 PM
queeq
Chaos

That's harsh. I was pleasantly surprised how he almost single handedly saved Transformers from being a total Bay-disaster.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 05:07 PM
Heat_Vision
Awesome

Agreed, I thought he was excellent in Transformers which had a good emotional sucker punch in it I might add but wont bother to explain.

Life is like a death sentence; you never know what you're going to get.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 06:33 PM
Heat_Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Heat_Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Heat_Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe. Shia's okay. We'll see a lot more from him I'm sure.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 09:00 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
That's harsh. I was pleasantly surprised how he almost single handedly saved Transformers from being a total Bay-disaster.

OK so that makes him a one trick pony..
And if his acting was up to spec, then why the constant unremmitting "Whooooohhhs!" "Whaaaaaaaas" and "wheherrrrrs"
(The 'Im worried that my acting otherwise cannot convey panic so best to make lots of "See???!?!!! Im acting scared nowwwwww" compensatory noises till the audience buys it' technique.)

And whether or not it was enough to save that movie from disaster, I suspect, will forever be a point of contention.

Remember you can have a great movie idea work even with shitty acting, ('Clerks' immediately springs to mind) but the flip side of the coin is that even the greatest actor in the world couldn't save a shitty movie.

Evidence submitted:

The talented cast on "Kindgom of the crystal skull".
Waterworld had Costner, Hopper et all.
Phantom Menace: Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Brian Blessed, Ian McDiarmid...all quality actors.
Howard the duck.
The starwars holiday special. Both with awesome actors.
Star Trek V was not a movie lacking acting talent on its credits.
Even the acting brilliance that is John C. McGinley wasn't able to save 'Wild Hogs' from Travolta stained oblivion.

Even if LeBeouf's repetoire would expand on screen to his apparent popularity's deserved capacity (IE that he is like second coming of Marlon Brando, the way his fans go on), TFs would still be the same shitty movie. Peter Cullen couldnt save it, LeBeouf never stood a chance.
And John Turtorro has more chops than him.
No one saved that movie from Bay disaster.

Only refusing to hire Bay as anything other than the office tea boy will save any project involving he.

But I digress....

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 10:56 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Hehehe. Shia's okay. We'll see a lot more from him I'm sure.

Oh yes. yes

The money men'll see to it.

....Whether he fits the movie or not.... sad

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 11:00 AM
queeq
Chaos

I liked Waterworld. Mad Max on the water. Scratch the mushy ending.. it rocked.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 07:35 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Thats the problem. I loved Mad Max.
(Mad Max, as you rightly note had the balls to be brutal all the way.
Waterworld didnt. Felt jerked around for two and a half hours with that. Loads of potential though.)

How many people love "Battle beyond the stars" over "Empire Strikes back"...?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 10:39 PM
queeq
Chaos

Bweeerk.

Apart from the mushy ending, Waterworld was as crude as Mad Max. Especially the scene where he dumps the kid overboard.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 09:45 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Now if that movie was Mad Max, the kid would have drowned, triggering a vengance romp of epic proportions.

But nope, not in this nice safe clone where all is well for kiddys. (It feeling totally like a kids film for like 70% of the flick by comparison with the saga of the road warrior.)

In WW the kid gets her hair wet.
In MM she probably would have lost her head entirely...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 09:56 AM
queeq
Chaos

I guess you never saw MM beyond Thunderdome. Mushy on kids there, dude, very mushy.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 11:32 AM
Bardock42

I liked WaterWorld.

I appreciate it even more now I have seen Indy 4.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 08:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote