KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars - reviews

The Clone Wars - reviews
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Took my kid to see it, was entertaining in a childish fashion. Though I don't see how it fits in between Ep. 2-3, seems like they threw what was previously laid out and went with a story that would appeal to the younger crowd.

I did enjoy the Jedi duels, as animation allows a better range of what Jedi could potentially do with their powers.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Took my kid to see it, was entertaining in a childish fashion. Though I don't see how it fits in between Ep. 2-3,

Clone Wars........nuff said.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 08:21 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Originally posted by Ushgarak
GL didn't actually write the dialogue this time, btw.

Wow, could have fooled me... he's obviously had some influence on some poor people.

Really don't see why they couldn't have hired some decent writers... at least for the film/pilot. Would have made rewatchability not completely inconceivable.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 01:14 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This is off IMDB

Writing credits
(in alphabetical order)
Henry Gilroy screenplay
George Lucas characters and universe
George Lucas story
Steven Melching screenplay
Scott Murphy screenplay

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 01:45 PM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Saw it with my kids today. Enjoyable, but I considered it really as something additional. I doubt you get it when you don't know the movies. Simple, enjoyable, although personally I felt it was getting a tad boring by the time Anakin and Ahsoka fly back to Tatooine.

Anyway, enetertaining enough. Animation looked nice, but not something for a non-SW audience.

Few things I did find a bit annoying:
1. The SW universe seems to be getting smaller: everyone keeps meeting everyone.
2. Skywalkers are getting close to being house friends to the Hutts. They just pop in there every so many years
3. The limited vocabulary in the SW universe: bucket of bolts seems to be the only pharse to describe an old ship, and Sith people have a tendency to always use one line: : Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen. Sounds like a mantra or something by now.
4. Lots of repetitions in the lines and explaining what was going on. Was that with episodes and commercials breaks in mind or something????
5. A transvestite Hutt???? Now I've seen everything.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 02:33 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

How would you rank in relevance to the other movies?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Relevance? None, really. It ranks about the same as the previous animated Clone Wars series. Unfortunately it does get a bit repetitious.... so far.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 08:33 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Just finished my second viewing, its much better the second time around. All the silly stuff like Ziro's image/voice just glides past (although if you hate him, you hate him, I guess..) and you can just zone out and watch the lightsabers and lasers flying around without paying much attention. Scrap my first post about the music/Ashoka cause they dont even matter anymore. I can easily watch this over and over on DVD when theres nothing good on tv. I love it.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 08:04 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I liked the music actually.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 08:55 AM
Hazardous

I like it now too, but it was unexpected on the first viewing and a bit off putting.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 09:16 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I actually didn't catch it the first time around, even while keeping it in mind from your review.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 09:38 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It had some very good bits to it. It's a bit more television style, but very pleasant. I think I'm gonna get me the CD.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 10:53 AM
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Originally posted by queeq
5. A transvestite Hutt???? Now I've seen everything.
I told you it sounded like a gay cajun Joe Pesci, lol. I wasn't kidding.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 01:24 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by Outbound
I like it now too, but it was unexpected on the first viewing and a bit off putting.

I haven't seen the movie again yet, but I have been listening to the soundtrack on youtube, and I've got to admit, the music is really growing on me.

I like George.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Nactous
I remember afterwards thinking, "I waited two years for this?"

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 07:29 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Why waiting??? SW is over, all we get is additional scraps.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 08:00 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good Lord, Tangible, of all the people to quote to try and reflect your own opinion... Nac just likes to ride things down trying to sound cool and dejected about it, in which he fails, but I cannot believe someone would just COPY him...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 11:02 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 01:03 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 08:50 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 01:15 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote