KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars - reviews

The Clone Wars - reviews
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 06:15 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 03:38 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh wait... sad

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 03:38 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Good Lord, Tangible, of all the people to quote to try and reflect your own opinion... Nac just likes to ride things down trying to sound cool and dejected about it, in which he fails, but I cannot believe someone would just COPY him...

I dont ride things down, I stood behind this from the beginning. I take offense kind sir. Besides, dont you have some EU bashing to do.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 03:40 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by queeq
I had to listen to Yoda's speech a few times before I got what he was on about. It's not really clear what a MAster is... I'd say it's someone with a certain status that also allows one to train padawans... But hey, what do I know.

The term 'Master' is used too loosely sometimes. Once you are made a Knight, you are thereby qualified to train a Jedi apprentice - just like in say, karate; achieving black belt makes you qualified to teach others. Beyond black belt is the degrees of red to attain.
It seems once you are elected to the rank of Master, you are eligible to sit on the Jedi Council if appointed or chosen. I remember Qui-Gon Jinn being offhand referred to as a Master Jedi, but he didn't sit on the Council due to his maverick streak in following a different code than what the Council wanted. And remember how Anakin was upset when he got elected to the Council (due to wartime pressures) but wasn't given the rank of Master - it seemed like a backhand rebuke.

Anyway, The Clone Wars movie - not the best start. And I watched it with lowered expectations.
A lot of the elements are in place - the animation is quite good, and wasn't expecting the characters to emote as fluidly as a Pixar or Dreamworks film. It's just the storytelling was often clunky instead of sharp, and the attempts at wit mostly fell flat. Tartakovsky's Clone Wars series is way ahead so far.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 07:08 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I agree.

Originally posted by Nactous
I dont ride things down, I stood behind this from the beginning. I take offense kind sir. Besides, dont you have some EU bashing to do.

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 06:16 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 04:10 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Good Lord, Tangible, of all the people to quote to try and reflect your own opinion... Nac just likes to ride things down trying to sound cool and dejected about it, in which he fails, but I cannot believe someone would just COPY him...
I did have to take a shower afterwards.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 07:15 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Use extra soap.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 07:53 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tangible God
I did have to take a shower afterwards.

Scale of 1-10, how bad did you think it was?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 01:39 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by queeq
Use extra soap.

Could we please get back on topic here.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 01:42 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 02:16 PM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 05:33 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud laughing out loud

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 06:07 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I hated the waste.
The chosen style of character design vs the rendering it is in,
the bad, bad, baaaadddd voice acting/casting on Palpatine and Anakin...
The laughing-stock-for-all-the-wrong-reasons battle droids.
(who dont actually have to convey loads of braindead two year old dialogue every three seconds to be funny or to convey their general ineffectiveness, but still take that all the way, becoming decidedly Binksian)

The depthless plot, the generic rookie and master 'mismatch', the lowering of the Star Wars universe with babyish names like Stinky and other issues well summed up by Queeq with the "everybody knowing everybody" thing getting realllll thin..

And the scoring wasn't so great. Alright, but I guess the action it backed up reflected its generic infant's level TV show feel well.
No sir I didn't like it...well not as much as the hype made it out to be, and from the coolness of the first animated seasons/volumes.

Liked the B-Wing though.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 11:59 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

What hype, there was hardly any for this star wars movie.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 03:47 PM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

The hype of fan expectation for the last couple of years that this has been coming.
(Not to be confused with mainstream media hype, of which as you rightly note: Has been minimal)

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Thanks for the review, SoG.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 06:00 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
The hype of fan expectation for the last couple of years that this has been coming.
(Not to be confused with mainstream media hype, of which as you rightly note: Has been minimal)

Hardly convinced there either. We only heard there was a movie coming some months ago and frankly no-one knew what to expect.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 06:05 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

THere were some clips showing what'd look like... But yeah, pretty low key.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 09:58 PM