KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » HBP Film Pushed Back to Summer '09!

HBP Film Pushed Back to Summer '09!
Started by: Phucked Up

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

HBP Film Pushed Back to Summer '09!

quote:
Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that it has moved back the release date of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to Summer 2009. The sixth installment of the blockbuster Harry Potter franchise will now open day-and-date domestically and in the major international markets on July 17, 2009. The announcement was made by Alan Horn, President and Chief Operating Officer, Warner Bros.

In making the announcement, Mr. Horn stated, “Our reasons for shifting ‘Half-Blood Prince’ to summer are twofold: we know the summer season is an ideal window for a family tent pole release, as proven by the success of our last Harry Potter film, which is the second-highest grossing film in the franchise, behind only the first installment. Additionally, like every other studio, we are still feeling the repercussions of the writers’ strike, which impacted the readiness of scripts for other films—changing the competitive landscape for 2009 and offering new windows of opportunity that we wanted to take advantage of. We agreed the best strategy was to move Half-Blood Prince to July, where it perfectly fills the gap for a major tent pole release for mid-summer.”

Jeff Robinov, President of Warner Bros. Motion Picture Group, confirmed, “The release date change does not alter the production schedule for this or future Harry Potter films. Post-production on Half-Blood Prince was completed on time, and the studio’s release plans for the two-part Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will not be affected by this change. We know Harry Potter fans are eagerly anticipating seeing the final chapters unfold onscreen. In fact, the good news for them is that the gap will now be shortened between ‘Half-Blood Prince’ and the first part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.”

From: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer-news/89 & other sources.

Phucking ghey!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 10:11 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

Woah dude that's f.ucked up mad

Thnx Disturbed Angel!! love

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 12:30 AM
Running Mascara is currently offline Click here to Send Running Mascara a Private Message Find more posts by Running Mascara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

Hey guys
fans everywere are petitioning against this change
if this change upset you please let your voice be heard. If the WB really how much this has got fans mad and that it might effect ticket sales they might bring our movie back.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/harrypotter6
thank u

Is there a dragon nearby? because I'm on FIRE!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 03:53 AM
goddess_susu is currently offline Click here to Send goddess_susu a Private Message Find more posts by goddess_susu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

They only did it becouse batman broke records . if they bring it out in summer 09 the same will happen with potter

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:54 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

no. they dont care about records...they only care about the money, and if they dont change their minds really quickly a lot of true fans are bocotting the movie...and Im honestly about to do the same. If Im ganna be made to wait 10 more months i might as well wait 12 and rent it.
Because think about it for a sec. Noone that hasnt watched any of the other movies is ganna get up outa nowere and be like " you no what..Im ganna watch this one", no, all their money comes from the fans that have been waiting forever already. Heck, they could've released it on Christmas day that we'd all be out there in the snow waiting in line..but they choose to step on us instead.
So I say...treat your fans like shit, then u deserve shit.

Last edited by goddess_susu on Aug 16th, 2008 at 05:35 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 05:32 AM
goddess_susu is currently offline Click here to Send goddess_susu a Private Message Find more posts by goddess_susu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

I think another reason they're pushing it back is because of Twilight,which has now taken over HBP's original release date in November.

For non-Twilight readers like me,I'm very upset and mad. 11 months? I would of been fine if it was January or something..but not almost a whole year again. I think they're going to be making alot less money than they think they're going to get..

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 06:25 AM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

I think the reason for this is the book that will be published in December, so they though that this might satisfy the "hanger" of the HP audience and keep them on for another year. For surre they didn't wated two HP stuff in the same period.

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 11:10 AM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jdea

OMG, this is madness! SIX months!

I love this stuff!!!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 06:58 PM
jdea is currently offline Click here to Send jdea a Private Message Find more posts by jdea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Glad I'm not a Harry Potter fan, otherwise I'd be pissed.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 09:50 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I say people need to pirate the movie rather than go see it in theaters.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 10:30 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

I agree. I've been to every single midnight premiere since the very first movie, and Im so desappointed with WB right now that I have decided to skip this one. I wanna make them regret it...hit them were it hurts most...their pockets

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 10:29 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by goddess_susu
I agree. I've been to every single midnight premiere since the very first movie, and Im so desappointed with WB right now that I have decided to skip this one. I wanna make them regret it...hit them were it hurts most...their pockets

Then download it and burn copies for all your friends.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 04:29 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by goddess_susu

One person not seeing it isn't going to hurt them most.

One person selling over 9000 illegal copies is.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 05:43 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

as a fan im disappointed. Not only am i disappointed because i have to wait longer, but Harry Potter movies seem like they should be released around the holidays. I'm not to pissed though because this will give me time to read the last three books smile

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 08:19 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Well, it pisses me off. I think my best friend put it best :

"But I have it written in my planner... in PEN!!"

Ah, the outrage.

Siriusly, I would love to see some reason behind this. I buy the Twilight one [there's a lot of Twilight demography that's part of Harry Potter as well]. But still.

Harry Potter.
Twilight.
The whole world v. a bunch of lovesick teenage girls.

Guess who's going to be more mad when their movie is pushed back...

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 11:16 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by siriuswriter
Well, it pisses me off. I think my best friend put it best :

"But I have it written in my planner... in PEN!!"

Ah, the outrage.

Siriusly, I would love to see some reason behind this. I buy the Twilight one [there's a lot of Twilight demography that's part of Harry Potter as well]. But still.

Harry Potter.
Twilight.
The whole world v. a bunch of lovesick teenage girls.

Guess who's going to be more mad when their movie is pushed back...

You've already heard the damned reason behind this.

"We think if we release this in summer we're going to maximize our profits. **** the fans, just give us our money."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 11:41 PM
Nanami_XIV

They said they've been planning on changing the date for a few weeks..yet they still release the trailer while 'thinking about it'?

I highly doupt that they'll be making more money..less is more like it.

They also said they care about 'their fans and don't want to hurt the series' but...making a change like that..hurts the Harry Potter fans (not WB's fans -.-) and the series since they aren't working on the movie at all.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 12:34 AM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Originally posted by Phucked Up
You've already heard the damned reason behind this.

"We think if we release this in summer we're going to maximize our profits. **** the fans, just give us our money."

Ah well. I'm a cynic dreaming of being an idealist.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 03:05 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

It doesn't matter when they release it, people will still flock to it, (I'd be willing to wager the majority of the people who have claimed otherwise here), even if it were delayed by two years.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 03:25 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah, I'll be downloading it.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 05:19 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote