KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Clone Wars- where next?

Clone Wars- where next?
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
It's just very strange Robtard is never in this forum, like you, and he suddenly shows up to complain about DK's ban. Prolly without reading everything that preceeded DK's ban. So there's some clear evidence he didn't come her to contribute to the SW forums, but only to criticise the mods. Call it it rubbing salt in the wound, or whatever, but people with inappropriate intentions (i.e. criticising mods in a forum they don't regularly visit) get a straightforward treatment.

Do I detect, BTW, you come in here with the same intentions, i.e. to criticise mods instead of cotnributing to teh debate?

I've been reading the thread from beginning to end, the fact that I haven't posted means nothing. It took great restraint for me not to post when I saw the way DK was treated, I then saw this and felt it necessary to comment, as many others have.

Robtard's intent is entirely irrelevant, your post was clearly designed to escalate the situation, whether it be now, or on Robtard's return. This is not the first time you've partaken in such an antagonising childish display, even within this thread.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 08:03 AM
Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The DK debate started in another, by now closed, thread. You have to take that in consideration, not that your judgment is relevant. I actually closed that thread to prevent escalation and with that also DK's ban. He just couldn't let the topic go and started the debate in here anew. An this time it was off topic as well, just as we are now.

Thanks for all your unrequested criticism. It will be taken into consideration. Now move along please.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 09:10 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's more bans gone out. There have been enough warnings.

Take your issues to pm. Do not attempt to argue such off-topic things in this thread. Do not criticise moderators in the threads.

RETURN TO TOPIC

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Aug 28th, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 10:16 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Great googely moogely. Is it really that important to people to get in their two cents?

Anyway, to get back on topic:

Originally posted by Outbound
Not really relevant to the Clone Wars, but do you think Lucas will do an animated Indy series?

I kinda doubt it. What would be the point, really?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 10:32 AM
Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Watched some of the Young Indy series for the first time ever a little while ago... It's pretty awesome. Hopefully the SW live action series is as good. Though it does worry me when Lucas says it's gonna be more soap opera-y...

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 11:21 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Ooops.

I have to get me the Young Indy dvd boxes. Are they out on Blu Ray BTW?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 12:04 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by Impediment

Because Indy is awesome shifty

Well he said he wants to keep Harrison Ford as Indy, and since he's getting on a bit the chances for more movies are slim to none. He could use Harrison's likeness and voice, but wouldn't need to use physical acting.

So, is there any info on the series at all? I've been searching everywhere and theres nothing, no plot rundown, no characters, nothing. Which is weird considering it comes out soon.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 01:24 PM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Impediment
Great googely moogely. Is it really that important to people to get in their two cents?

Anyway, to get back on topic:

Haha, that's ironic.

I don't really care what he does with Indy, Kingdon of the Crystal Skull was so utterly horrible and disappointing it took every wish of ever seeing anything other than the Original Three from me. Star Wars on the other hands I have more hope, because of the random flicker of hope in the EU and also some of the better parts of the PT, I do think that some things could be pretty good.

And queeq, is it really necessary for you to insult and bait constantly, I mean you see where it leads, come on...

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 03:16 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

move along please.

(please log in to view the image)

Another priceless Star Wars quote from Queeq.

laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 03:16 PM
Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing

Originally posted by Bardock42
And queeq, is it really necessary for you to insult and bait constantly, I mean you see where it leads, come on...

Oh come on, don't play choir boy now. It's usually just a little fun making which has been a long standing tradition in these boards. I don't make it go ugly, that doesn't start with me, it does end with me.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 05:46 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav

laughing

Oh come on, don't play choir boy now. It's usually just a little fun making which has been a long standing tradition in these boards. I don't make it go ugly, that doesn't start with me, it does end with me.

Lets not get back into this conversation!

Unless you have another quote prepared...

Anyway, will they do films about Darth Vader's life after III and before IV? I read the book by Luceno.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 05:56 PM
Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

laughing

Your baiting has been a long standing practice in this forum?

Meh, whatever, I shall just ignore this thread, no reason for more victims.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

^tightass^

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Outbound
Because Indy is awesome shifty

Well he said he wants to keep Harrison Ford as Indy, and since he's getting on a bit the chances for more movies are slim to none. He could use Harrison's likeness and voice, but wouldn't need to use physical acting.

So, is there any info on the series at all? I've been searching everywhere and theres nothing, no plot rundown, no characters, nothing. Which is weird considering it comes out soon.

This is all I've seen so far:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Our First Look

quote:
July 11, 2008 - In what was easily the biggest surprise at the Television Critics Association press tour so far this year, a fully completed episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars was premiered today for the first-ever screening (outside of Lucasfilm or Cartoon Network that is) of the upcoming animated series.

So how is it? Our first reaction is that this is an accomplished piece of work that will entertain many Star Wars fans, though there are a couple of notable trouble spots that will probably be a bigger issue for some than others.

Let's get the major complaint out of the way: The annoying voice the Battle Droid army uses with each other (first heard in The Phantom Menace) hasn't gotten any less annoying, and in the episode we saw they actually they have quite a bit more dialogue than we've ever heard them have before. Let's just say that one can only hear "Roger roger" so many times. There's several moments of humor involving the droids that falls very flat with an adult audience, though it's likely kids will enjoy that aspect - And let's not forget this show airs on Cartoon Network and not during Adult Swim. But it's definitely a part of the show that may be hard to stomach for some older viewers, particularly because the slapstick involving them only increases the perception of the droids as far less than credible threats. It just seems like they're bumbling fools here rather than the faceless, dangerous automations they could be portrayed as.

Some fans may also bristle at the old style news reel type intro that opens each episode, complete with a bombastic voice describing events of the Clone Wars – think about the similar use of this type of retro newsreel footage in Starship Troopers. Personally, I was fine with it and feel it's clearly another nod to the serial era that was a major inspiration to George Lucas when he first conceived of Star Wars.

While Anakin and Obi-Wan will be featured prominently in the series, they won't be in every episode – and in fact, they weren't in the one we saw today. The episode shown starred none other than the ever-popular Yoda, as the diminutive Jedi Master goes on a mission to make a new ally for the Republic with the residents of a planet also being courted by Count Dooku's Separatists. Dooku is represented in person by his apprentice, Asajj Ventress, who has plans that she believes will insure that it is she who leaves the planet as the successful one and not Yoda.

There are a lot of really nice touches on the show – Yoda is joined on his mission by a very small troop of Clone Troopers, and these guys really feel like army grunts who have been in the trenches for awhile now. One notable scene has them bunkering down for the night and Yoda speaking to the troops in a personal matter that really opens up the portrayal of Clone/Stormtoopers and who these guys are under the helmet. It also gives a legitimate touch of additional poignancy to the events of Revenge of the Sith, given what will eventually occur with the clones and the Jedi.

The action in the show is very exciting and there are plenty of cool and clever "Yeah!" moments when Yoda cuts loose with his lightsaber. Many fans will also geek out over a badass weapon one of the Clone Troopers uses in the midst of battle. As for the designs, in a Q&A with the press following the screening, supervising producer Dave Filoni said he purposely added a sense of stylization to the human characters – giving harder lines to the faces than real people have, along with distinct angles – and while only a handful of humans are in the episode we saw, this decision seems a wise one and avoids the spooky/off-kilter feeling CGI often gives to would be "photo realistic" humans. And the sound design is phenomenal – if you have surround sound, The Clone Wars will give your speakers more of a workout than perhaps any other show on TV right now.
The show is impressively atmospheric at points – there are shots of Yoda and the clones walking through a forest that have a genuinely "lived in" and moody feel that is hard to find among television animation.

The weak portrayal of the Battle Droids does stand out – my fellow IGN TV writer Travis Fickett felt it had a fairly large impact on the entire story and while it didn't bother me quite as much, it was easily the weakest part of the episode. That being said, there was a lot to admire about Star Wars: The Clone Wars and it seems we're in for varied types of stories throughout the series, focusing on different characters and scenarios. The upcoming Clone Wars film should give us an idea of what the more Anakin/Obi-Wan-centric episodes will be like.

erm

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 10:53 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Yeah whats with the battle droid/SBD voices? They sound fine in TPM but now they sound childish and stupid. SBDs never should have had voices, it takes away from how badass they are in AOTC. Look at the part in AOTC when Mace is in the arena with Dooku and a bunch of SBDs come marching in firing at him, then look at ROTS when the 2 droids are picking on R2 in the hangar bay, its beyond stupid.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 02:46 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I don't know, I personally liked the droids voice change. erm Just me though. Perhaps they are a new assembly of droids or something. Nothing stays the same forever. wink

I like George.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 04:04 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But they were right about them being bumbling fools now instead of a major threat. In TPM the humour with the droids mainly centre around unexpected situations, ergo... difficult to compute for the limited processor functions of a battle droid. In ROTS we see them runninga away in fear, funny but were odd. Now we see they can't even remember a few number or comprehend simple orders. But hey, the kids liked it.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 07:52 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Not only fear but also being stupid... when a battle droid yells "don't move" and R2 tries to zap one. What should a battle droid do? Blast the droid to smithereens of course! But this one kicks R2 so he falls down. Great for the kids I guess? Or the moment were he sets 2 battle droids on fire... God, I hate that first part of the movie! sad

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 09:23 AM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

hehehe

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 01:11 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Oh look, DK's croney boy showed up. So tell us, Robtard, what's next for the Clone Wars you think?

Oh look, you wait to bait/troll after the person has been banned by Ush, just like before. You're a brave and truly objective mod.

Probably another kiddie movie, though I don't see it being more "Clone Wars", as this movie took place between Ep. 2-3 and we know how the clone wars ends.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 31st, 2008 at 06:27 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 06:23 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote