KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Clone Wars- where next?

Clone Wars- where next?
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Yup. The Ahsoka series.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 09:03 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

[QUOTE=11005347]Originally posted by Ushgarak
This is not a review thread- keep it on topic thankyou. [/QUOTE

It wasnt a review, if you were addressing me, although I did have to address some problems with it to speculate on "where will it go"...

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 10:15 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes I was addressing you, and whether you say it was a review or not it looked precisely like a critique of the film and nothing else useful. This thread is for discussing possible future plot points of the franchise, not a place for you to simply re-iterate what you said in the review thread.

Don't argue with me on this, just keep it on topic.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 11:09 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Uh-oh

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 09:16 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

I hope they have an episode or two on the whole "Dark Reaper" thing from that videogame and I wish they could touch up on the Death Star plans we see Dooku give Sidious then by the end of ROTS we see it is under construction which must have started during the war.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 10:41 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Yes I was addressing you, and whether you say it was a review or not it looked precisely like a critique of the film and nothing else useful. This thread is for discussing possible future plot points of the franchise, not a place for you to simply re-iterate what you said in the review thread.

Don't argue with me on this, just keep it on topic.

Ah.
Your review of my post is noted.
I disagree with your interpretation of it, but I will leave that there as I digress....

On your topic and kept simply then: 'It'll grow more formulaic and overly/unneccesarily intertwined 'til it strangles itself in with a mundane and predictable rope made of pure franchisey derivative tripe.'

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Sep 3rd, 2008 at 11:51 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 11:45 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sounds like a good prediction.

Lucasfilm has quite a way to go to overtake developments in the world of animation. I saw WallE and CW a week apart. I though CW was allrightish, Wall-E's a real film. The series may therefore pan out to be quite formulaic... sad thing is, I feel it may begin to erode the greatness of SW.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 07:21 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This doommongering all seems quite hysterical to me, but regardless, this thread is for disucssing where you think the series will go plotwise, not for saying whether you think you like it or not!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 10:08 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Why hysterical? So far we've seen Anakin and OB1 as main characters. It hasn't taken the saga much further. Ahsoka seems to be a stayre but is linked (even in the trailer) to Anakin. So far we haven't seen much news, no new characters. The plotlines are not adding much to the characters. It only gets interesting when we see a new take on the whole Clone Wars thing.

The original animated series tried well in setting a new style. one exmaple was the Clone communicating by hand signs: it was fairly silent, no dialogue, the animation looked new... But so far it looks slick (but then, so do all computer animated films these days) but it's not much new. Except for the battle droids... they have a new level of stupidity.

So call it doommongering, so far I haven't seen anything substantially new from Lucasfilm to enhance the SW universe.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 11:35 AM
Bardock42

Well, plotwise, I guess they will keep the Clone Wars up, like those doomsayers say in a more child friendly environment. Also they will probably jump on the time between PT and OT big time...possibly also make one of those CGI cartoons (think Bing Bing Binks...Jar Jar's even more joyful son). And the EU will probably continue to write and draw and CGI about everything they can imagine. If Lucas doesn't die before I assume he's going to make more movies though...maybe remake the OT...he'll certainly wait 5 or 6 years and then put characters from the live action show or the Clone Wars series in the original trilogy (as well as the PT), in an order to delete all signs of badassery.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 11:42 AM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

First 2 episodes:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (p) "AMBUSH"
Jedi Master Yoda is on a secret mission to forge a treaty with the King of the strategic system of Toydaria when his ship is ambushed by Count Dooku. Yoda and three clone troopers must face off against Count Dooku's dreaded assassin Ventress and her massive droid army to prove the Jedi are strong enough to protect the king and his people from the forces of the war.

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars" (p) "RISING MALEVOLENCE"
Creating panic throughout the galaxy, a devastating Separatist mystery weapon terrorizes the clone Starfleet. Anakin and Ahsoka race to save Jedi Master Plo Koon and his clone troopers in time.

http://theforce.net/latestnews/stor...Info_117478.asp

Series starts Oct 3rd, but we dont get it until Nov.

"Anakin and Ahsoka race to save Jedi Master Plo Koon and his clone troopers in time. "

Oh no, I hope Plo Koon doesnt die!
I hope they invent a whole lot of expendable Jedi so we cant figure the end of every episode no expression

Last edited by Hazardous on Sep 4th, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 12:34 PM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, plotwise, I guess they will keep the Clone Wars up, like those doomsayers say in a more child friendly environment. Also they will probably jump on the time between PT and OT big time...possibly also make one of those CGI cartoons (think Bing Bing Binks...Jar Jar's even more joyful son). And the EU will probably continue to write and draw and CGI about everything they can imagine. If Lucas doesn't die before I assume he's going to make more movies though...maybe remake the OT...he'll certainly wait 5 or 6 years and then put characters from the live action show or the Clone Wars series in the original trilogy (as well as the PT), in an order to delete all signs of badassery.

true

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 01:09 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Outbound
Oh no, I hope Plo Koon doesnt die!

I wish I knew the codes of some smilies.

Anyways, maybe they totally mind **** you and Plo gets killed big time.

Last edited by Bardock42 on Sep 4th, 2008 at 01:26 PM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 01:22 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And all the fans scream: continuity error!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 11:36 AM
Bardock42

Originally posted by queeq
And all the fans scream: continuity error!
Like anyone in charge cares.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 11:48 AM
queeq
Chaos

Exactly. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 01:52 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

I'm just waiting for the news that b*tch Ventress has finally been put down for good. A good character, her constant returns from near death are getting on my nerves.
It has to happen because she is nowhere around from ROTS to ROTJ. I hope they don't wimp out and have her go into hiding for some decades, only to reappear in the post-ROTJ years. miffed

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 05:33 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by roughrider
I'm just waiting for the news that b*tch Ventress has finally been put down for good. A good character, her constant returns from near death are getting on my nerves.
It has to happen because she is nowhere around from ROTS to ROTJ. I hope they don't wimp out and have her go into hiding for some decades, only to reappear in the post-ROTJ years. miffed
She left to Outer Space.

With Alpha on board.

Already established in the EU

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 07:51 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Bardock42
She left to Outer Space.

With Alpha on board.

Already established in the EU

The fallout from 'Obsession' still hasn't been confirmed where it happens in continuity. Ventress made a possible appearence at the Battle of Xagobah, which is unexplained as it's supposed to be later.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 09:43 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by roughrider
The fallout from 'Obsession' still hasn't been confirmed where it happens in continuity. Ventress made a possible appearence at the Battle of Xagobah, which is unexplained as it's supposed to be later.

Did not know that.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 10:11 AM