KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman Reboot!?

Superman Reboot!?
Started by: Quincy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh, no, it's too soon. I want to see villains like Darkseid & Doomsday established before anything close to a Justice League movie begins to take shape.

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 09:30 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blind
Only Settle for Victory

I always thought what was great about the Batman/Superman relationship was that they are both at total opposite ends of the same spectrum. Superman wants to be a ray of hope, and give people security, while Batman wants to instill fear in the hearts of that superstitious and cowardly lot we call criminals. Superman tries to reason with the bad-guy while Batman just ties them up and leaves them for the cops. Superman should definitely not go dark. He can't. That's just not Superman. For crying out loud, find someone who can write this guy and let him do it right!

And I'm not necessarily talking about Jeph Loeb. But "Superman For All Seasons" the movie would be kind of nice - as long as he wasn't fat. He looked fat, people. It's all I'm saying.

~AntiMatter Corps~

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 01:04 PM
Blind is currently offline Click here to Send Blind a Private Message Find more posts by Blind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Haha, the art in "Superman for All Seasons" was more on the fat side, I agree. I still kinda liked it...was a pretty good series.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 01:11 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Superman could work with a more darker tones. As long as you use a villain like Darkseid, Mongul, or Doomsday.

Superman Returns was kinda crappy IMO, this sounds good.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 07:56 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I never actually saw Superman Returns

But I love the "WRONG!!!!!" scene

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 09:38 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Whoever is casted, I hope can act and is good shape. Also hopefully the script will be good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 10:17 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarian Shams

The Animated Series was a textbook example of how to do proper Superman stories. The plots were both mature and yet appropriate for Superman at the same time. So it is not too hard to make the Superman reboot a mature film with a dark plot but lets just hope the writer remembers that Superman is not a brooder like Batman, he is an optimistic hero who seeks to inspire the people.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 11:30 PM
Barbarian Shams is currently offline Click here to Send Barbarian Shams a Private Message Find more posts by Barbarian Shams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
freek

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Da Joker
Reboot Superman if you wish, but kept Luthor far the hell away from the first and second movie.

and that kid...please keep the kid out of the damn movie. superman does not have a child!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 02:35 AM
freek is currently offline Click here to Send freek a Private Message Find more posts by freek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't mind him having a child, but it's best to keep it out of the reboot.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 06:38 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blind
Only Settle for Victory

no no. They're right. Superman's super-swimmers need to just stop impregnating women.

No superboy. No.

And no Brandon Routh. I'm sorry for all of you who may have liked him, but no. No, I say. No.

And not Nicholas Cage either. I don't care if he did name his kid Kal-El, don't even give him a cameo.

You know... that dude who plays Sylar on Heroes? Yeah, don't pick him either. Not that I've heard his name tossed around or anything. Just thought I'd say no to that while I'm at it.

~AntiMatter Corps~

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 01:50 PM
Blind is currently offline Click here to Send Blind a Private Message Find more posts by Blind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Man, are they dumb. The issue with "Superman Returns" wasn't its light tone. It was the fact that the film was as boring as all get-out. Making Superman dark is idiotic.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 02:11 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

I didn't mind him having a child

I did.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 02:12 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Whoever is casted, I hope can act and is good shape. Also hopefully the script will be good

Brandon was a pretty good Superman, but he could've been bigger. Twenty lbs of muscle isn't enough.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 08:26 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Brandon was a pretty good Superman, but he could've been bigger. Twenty lbs of muscle isn't enough.

I'm not sure if he will return, but if he does, then yes he should gain at least 30, maybe 40 lbs of muscle.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 07:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Superman reboot...good idea.

And he should be not just bigger, but older, so he looks, truly, like a Superman.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 08:58 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Toku King
Man, are they dumb. The issue with "Superman Returns" wasn't its light tone. It was the fact that the film was as boring as all get-out. Making Superman dark is idiotic.

Yes. One problem the Superman films don't have is tone - the tone is just right, even in the lesser films. Other problems like unsatisfying villains, slow pacing, unwise plot twists...that's been the trouble.
Batman certainly had a tone problem by the time of Batman Forever & Batman and Robin; stupidly camp, really. Just because Batman became a phenomenon again by going darker than ever, doesn't mean that's what needed for Superman. Execs need to remember not all characters are alike.
I still admire the original film from 30 years ago. But, I reluctantly understand some kids may just view it as ancient history, and want Jor-El, Krypton and the Kent family all over; fresh.
I'd still like to see Brandon Routh in the role, though.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 03:12 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Doomsday should be in the movie

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 03:02 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Endless Mike

Doomsday is too big a challenge for a first film reboot. He should be held back, like the Joker was held back for The Dark Knight.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 03:20 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by roughrider
Doomsday is too big a challenge for a first film reboot. He should be held back, like the Joker was held back for The Dark Knight.

In agree. Someone like Brainiac should be in the first film

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 09:24 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Endless Mike

The problem with Doomsday is that he is a mindless threat. A big threat but he's just physical. I'd rather a cerebral villain who is also physical, which is why I feel Braniac would be a good choice.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 09:32 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote