KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman Reboot!?

Superman Reboot!?
Started by: Quincy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eminence
Boss

I feel like people would draw too many parallels to Luthor with a Brainiac storyline, unless Brainiac wasn't the real physical threat. Darkseid would probably be best, IMO.

And these people have lost it. Singer's movie wasn't bad - it fit quite well with the old Reeve movies, which was exactly what he was going for. It just wasn't what people wanted. He realizes that, and although there's no feasible way for him to really get rid of the kid, Singer was ready to make a real movie for the audience. Routh could buff up a bit, they'd go "wrath of Khan" on it, as Singer put it, and then they'd be set. Instead Warner tries to turn this into The Dark Knight with blue tights, a red cape and the biggest boy scout in comics? The Batman movies worked so well because of Nolan, and his vision and execution of that vision. Superman should not be handled the way Batman was, because he's a completely different character. They're polar opposites, in fact, linked by a single ideal. It's absurd, and I'm disappointed. The people at the top are clearly idiots.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 12:53 AM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

I like the idea of a Superman reboot. Returns just didn't cut it for me. And wtf was up with Supes having a son already in the 1st film?! That was just wrong...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 10:01 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RevoWution™©®
I like the idea of a Superman reboot. Returns just didn't cut it for me. And wtf was up with Supes having a son already in the 1st film?! That was just wrong...

Singer just wanted to make HIS movie. He did not read any comic books nor did he barely watch the first Superman. Why he gave Supes a son made no sense at all

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 10:11 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by roughrider
Doomsday is too big a challenge for a first film reboot. He should be held back, like the Joker was held back for The Dark Knight.

Yeah but they should foreshadow him in the movie like they did with the Joker

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 09:55 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Singer just wanted to make HIS movie. He did not read any comic books nor did he barely watch the first Superman. Why he gave Supes a son made no sense at all

Whatever you can criticize Singer for, not being faithful to the first movie(s) isn't one of them. The film is full of references & visual quotes echoing the first film especially - right down to resurrecting Marlon Brando to play Jor-El once again. It shares a loose continuity with Superman I & II (and ignores the events of III & IV), as Superman depowered himself in II and had one night of sex with Lois. That's how she got pregnant with Jason. Plus, it's the events of fighting Zod & his henchmen that makes him go search out Krypton, to see if anyone could still be there.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 02:57 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I sat thru Superman Returns and it felt like I was sitting on a chair made of ice in a freezer. and I had on no panties. It was just painful.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 08:36 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

For a reboot, they should start off with Lex Luthor being a wealthy businessman who stumbles on Kryptonian technology. He becomes obsessed, and constantly tries to tract down this 'Superman' character. In hopes of capturing the hero, Luthor turns to the stolen technology, only to accidentally resurrect Brainiac, Krypton's computer system until it became self aware and waged war on the galaxy.

The sequel should totally have Darkseid as the main villain, introducing Orion and the other New Gods, beginning a fight on earth that Superman may not be able to win. The film ends with Darkseid leaving the planet, but not without killing millions of people. It goes a route similar to "Apocalypse... Now!", though with a lot of changes. Other Apocalypse inhabitants appear as well, including Kalibak and Granny Goodness.

The third and final act should be Darkseid creating a mutant Kryptonian with Superman's DNA, which is then dubbed 'Doomsday'. Doomsday escapes Apocalypse and heads towards earth, where Superman must fight his most powerful nemesis of all time to the death. But here's the thing: SUPERMAN DIES AT THE END! NO SEQUELS!
We also get to see how all of these events have effected Lex Luthor, especialy as his relationship with Superman goes deeper and deeper every movie.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 08:48 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by fangirl101
I sat thru Superman Returns and it felt like I was sitting on a chair made of ice in a freezer. and I had on no panties. It was just painful.

Yes it was painful..

Hopefully the reboot will put a good taste in peoples mouths

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 10:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToughMind

So does this mean that we will possibly get another 3 Superman movies, with a new Superman? I would like to see Darkseid, Braniac and Doomsday(unlikely).

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 06:17 PM
ToughMind is currently offline Click here to Send ToughMind a Private Message Find more posts by ToughMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Are they forgetting Superman isnt a dark character?! He isnt Batman or the Punisher. JUst let the man destroy some buildings in downtown Metropolis and fight some ACTUAL villains.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 10:42 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToughMind

Originally posted by marwash22
Are they forgetting Superman isnt a dark character?! He isnt Batman or the Punisher. JUst let the man destroy some buildings in downtown Metropolis and fight some ACTUAL villains.

Amen.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 07:26 PM
ToughMind is currently offline Click here to Send ToughMind a Private Message Find more posts by ToughMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Mark Millar has plans for a seven hour Superman story: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...an_Trilogy.html

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 09:49 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
By dark I think they mean a Superman like in Superman/Doomsday tone. It seems that they want to shift Superman into the more cosmic area...Darkseid, Mongul, Braniac...etc...the big boys...the real physical challenge for Supes....it' not a bad move.

So don't expect Superman to be wearing the black suit.

I agree. I think we'll see some serious villianous villan.

Like Lex Luthor being a bad bad man, and not a comediec one.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 01:41 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aztec123
Host of A Ghost.

I want to see superman throw down with either lobo or bizarro. superman needs to save the world, from a formidable opponent. I'm tired of seeing lex luthor as the main villain, he brings nothing new to the film. furthermore, they should keep routh.. i taught his portrayal on Clark was pretty cool, however they need to change Louis, because she is a strong, independent and sexy woman.. who ever played her, was dull, boring and uninteresting... hopefully they dont screw it up, like they did in superman returns... i was dissapointed that clark had a son, it would have scred the sequel..

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 08:10 AM
Aztec123 is currently offline Click here to Send Aztec123 a Private Message Find more posts by Aztec123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

They should have Lex and another villain, if they can pull of multiple villains in the Batman movies they can do it here.

Luthor and Brainiac would be good, or maybe Luthor and Zod

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 01:59 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Lex Luthor pretty much has to be in it. He's not really a villian anymore per se, but ever since the Byrne revamp he's more as part of the supporting cast of Superman in a way

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 06:55 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToughMind

If the new redone Superman movies has Lex Luthor, how about making him "darker" and more menacing than the one in Superman Returns. Like someone else said, "darker" does not necessarily mean a dark Superman but just a darker storyline that would feature Mongul, Darkseid ect. Superman must always be Superman even in a dark movie.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 07:22 PM
spidermanrocks

People!! Be quiet already about the whole dark Superman thing!! A dark tone and and dark character are two different things you idiots (sorry lol). A dark tone does not mean that Superman will have a deep voice and dressed in black and all that. It means that it will have a very mature plot. We might see Lois Lane sticking the finger at someone. We might also see two people having sex. The fights could be very intense. All these things could be happening while still keeping the Superman character light. Have any of you seen Superman: Doomsday (which was awesome BTW)? That movie was an example of a dark Superman movie. Was the Superman character himself dark in that movie? No. He was the same as in the comics and as in S:TAS. He was still a light character. That "evil" Superman we saw in the movie was a clone so that doesn't really count.

I hope now, everyone gets what they mean by dark. No more cheesy plots with Lex Luthor trying to destroy the world. It's time for Superman to get seriously injured by the hands of a very DARK VILLAIN!!!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 12:02 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

reboots are a waste of money and time , routh is perfect for SM , he needs more superpowered villains and a better lois imo

tehy shoudl start a new film already whiel routh is young and can make a few movies without it looking like superman ages like a human

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 01:37 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

A Superman reboot needs, imo:

1) No origin story. Everyone knows where Superman is from and his story.
2) Lois to know he's Superman. She's known for almost 20 years in the comics, so let her know in the movie. Would save a ton of trouble.
3) Superman to actually punch someone. He has TONS of villains he can fight physically, it shouldn't be that hard.
4) A more comic accurate costume, none of this redesigned crap.
5) A movie that ISN'T in any way inspired by what Donner did. Superman has moved on. His movie should reflect that.

Bar that, i dunno...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 09:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote