KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Amazo(peak) vs Thanos w/infinity gauntlet

Amazo(peak) vs Thanos w/infinity gauntlet
Started by: skyfather

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 11 12 [13]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

^didn't i already explain this event with great detail like......3 weeks ago?

where's a mod when you need one?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 02:40 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psycho gundam
^didn't i already explain this event with great detail like......3 weeks ago?

where's a mod when you need one?
Maybe. I cant remember. Sometimes a scan is needed to show posters the error of their ways.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 07:35 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheBadguy

Originally posted by h1a8
It takes time to understand that the bell has rung and then to make a thought. Amazo will also make his thought faster, since no thought is instantaneously.

He doesn't have to say, it implies.
If the flash fought a regular human then he of course would act before the human after the bell rings. Remember, no action is instantaneously. It takes time to complete any action or thought.

Forum rules state that you cannot act before the bell. This is called prep.
A fresh Thanos is forced to be frozen with a fresh IG on his hand.
So it the IG can be easily taken off if one is fast enough to do it.

Mastery of time and reflexes are two different things.

Since Thanos operated in time (had finite velocity and movement in time) then he is not immune to someone stopping time (or operating at infinite speed).

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 04:10 AM
TheBadguy is currently offline Click here to Send TheBadguy a Private Message Find more posts by TheBadguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by TheBadguy
(please log in to view the image)
laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 04:15 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

He doesn't have to say, it implies.
If the flash fought a regular human then he of course would act before the human after the bell rings. Remember, no action is instantaneously. It takes time to complete any action or thought.
I don't see how you read back a post and go "Now that was the shit! I'm smart, Vulcandata!"

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 04:42 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bump.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 03:56 PM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Power copying shouldve been taken off.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 04:20 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Amazon takes the gauntlet before Thanos reacts.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 06:20 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Amazon takes the gauntlet before Thanos reacts.
you are hopeless

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 06:34 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Amazo wins and Worlgog>>IG

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 06:11 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

This is probably off topic and everyone agrees on it but where is it stated that the Infinity Gauntlet only works in one universe?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 01:14 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Originally posted by K Von Doom
This is probably off topic and everyone agrees on it but where is it stated that the Infinity Gauntlet only works in one universe?

I don't recall if it was stated outright that it only works in one universe, but maybe universal in power?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 01:23 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
I don't recall if it was stated outright that it only works in one universe, but maybe universal in power?

Universal in power makes sense but limiting it to operating in one universe has to have come from somewhere. I have a hard time picturing Thanos stepping through the Watcher's mirror/portal to a What If reality then realising the IG doesn't work there.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 01:38 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

https://imgur.com/a/EqIaeBi

if he walked through to an alternate universe, the gauntlet he was wearing would be useless.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 02:26 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Originally posted by K Von Doom

but where is it stated that the Infinity Gauntlet only works in one universe?

No where. It's Hickman's retconned "IG" that is limited to one universe.

Starlin's IG was God-like surpassed only by the forces of "God" itself. lol.

Starlin's IG had plenty of multi-universal feats and even a couple of interpreted multiversal feats.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 10:35 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Mr Master
No where. It's Hickman's retconned "IG" that is limited to one universe.

Starlin's IG was God-like surpassed only by the forces of "God" itself. lol.

Starlin's IG had plenty of multi-universal feats and even a couple of interpreted multiversal feats.

I do remember this MM. I believe that you're correct. Even if we were talking about Multi-Versal power, the IG still has complete mastery over the one Universe that it exists in. That doesn't somehow make it weaker just because it only works in it's native universe. Pretty funny how that fact has made many readers believe that the IG is weak.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 12:05 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

not weak, clearly, but weaker than it was, IF you were of the opinion it was ever truly multiversal in the first place. i wasn't. /shrug

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 12:13 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by leonidas
not weak, clearly, but weaker than it was, IF you were of the opinion it was ever truly multiversal in the first place. i wasn't. /shrug

Thanos operated outside of the 616 Universe so it was.

I think restrictions were added in stories right after the LT separated the gems during Adam Warlock's time of possession of the gauntlet.

You're right though. It is weaker. Just how much of the Worlogog does peak Amazo command, and is it more powerful than the recent IG portrayals. Keeping in mind that losing to Doom with all of that power isn't a low showing.

Last edited by Stoic on Aug 11th, 2018 at 01:18 AM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 01:15 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i've been over this more times than i can count and i'm not really interested in going over it again, but there is no clear proof the ig was more than universal at any point, ever. as for the thread, who knows? this uber level battles are rarely definitive.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 02:47 AM
Mr Master

Even Magus' incomplete IG merged 2 entire universeS (one of which was 616)
from over 100 universeS away within a separate entire universe Magus also controlled.

[that's auto more than "universal"]

That aside, Magus never entered the 616 reality except to pull Warlock out of it,
in order to bring him back to his private universe over 100 universeS away,
where Magus curbstomped the UN likewise. (over 100 universeS away from 616)

[so the 616 IG was functioning perfectly infinities away from 616]

Well, not to mention Magus was existing in multiple universeS simultaneously,
and he was IG-in effect everywhere. thumb up

There's also an on panel interpretation where Magus vs Eternity/Infinity merged
resulted in the explosion of the Multiverse entire. Then Warlock remade everything with a snap.

--------------------------------------------

Now, that's just Magus and an incomplete IG.

Thanos stated Magus only had a taste of Godhood, while Thanos grabbed Godhood by the godly nut sacks.

Last edited by Mr Master on Aug 11th, 2018 at 03:43 AM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 03:39 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote