KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Itachi Vs Teresa of the Faint Smile

Itachi Vs Teresa of the Faint Smile
Started by: Seer Q'Anilia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rapidash

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
1. Well Goku can like, fly so fast that he can hit someone and send them flying like a hundred feet and then appear right behind them and send them back with a punch or kick, among others.

2. You don't know much about Jedi then. stick out tongue

Sidious while fighting Luke was moving so fast a fellow Force user could not see their movements.

General Grievous can strike like 16 times in a second.

Mace Windu is so fast his strikes appear to be like a hurricane of saber swings or some shit.

Hell...Mace Windu defeated hundred of battle droids with H2H and did so with speed and skill. no expression

2. You are missing her point. She never denied that Jedi was able to defeat Claymore, or that they were not competent advesaries. You there brought up some of the prime SW examples, just like how she brought up some of her own examples in previous points. For instance, 16 strikes a second is meek compared to the majority of the Claymore, but it is also out of the point. General Grievous could never beat a Claymore because he lack the vital precognition that makes Jedi conquer over Claymore. He may be fast enough, but he is no seer and would fall victim to their speed just like many other before. We have seen Jedi with precognition fail against far slower advesaries than a Claymore whom is also proven to have a certain degree of precognition.

A Claymore can win trough speed against many Jedi, this you can not deny. Mace Windu is an extreme case, just like Teresa is. Bringing them in is like bringing a massive shade over the rest of the characters that actually has a foot in this debate as well. Making their feats a general description is rather loose, given the fact that they are top tier characters. Just like Luke and Sidious, as well as Priscilla and Irene.

A real Claymore Vs Starwars debate should be held between average Claymore and average Jedi. For instance, would Clare before her first encounter with an Awakened One have a shot against an average Jedi such as.... Quinlan? (You know what I mean. I actually do not know if he is above average or not). The extreme cases should have discussions of their own. While Galatea has the ability to blurr her existance and becoming nigh untargetable, is a debate of her own. Just like how Sidious can move faster than the eye can read.

If you ask me, I would say sure. The average Claymore would take out the average Jedi, while the prime Jedi would more likely than not take out the prime Claymore. Then there are the extreme cases, such as Nihilus, Sidious and Luke- and Teresa, Riful and Alice/Beth.

+ Wow! This post turned out longer than expected.

Perspective

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 06:48 PM
Rapidash is currently offline Click here to Send Rapidash a Private Message Find more posts by Rapidash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

A below average Jedi using telekinesis forced a fleet of Star Destroyers out of the Solar System. no expression

I shit you not.

And Becci, out of curiosity what is your stance on THIS fight?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 01:35 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapidash

Who?

This fight is determined in the first one second. I have not watched Naruto, but that would be about all the time Itachi has. If Itachi fail to defend against the multiple strikes that will come the first second, we have ourselves a female winner. However, if Itachi successfuly lives the first second, the fight can turn out entirely different depending on what he can do to counter. If his abilities are sufficient to counter, given her most likely constant flooding of slashes.

He can bring in mental destruction if I understood you lot right. Since Teresa has never pushed herself beyond 10%, has never fought Galatea, was never analyzed by a professional identifier and was not participating in the Pieta battle against the unnamed mind controler, it is hard to determine her resilience in a mental matter. Given her constant calm and having shown nothing but one single 'snap' in the entire serie, she should have a relatively focused mind but as I said, hard to say if it is very resilient to mental attacks.

Hard to give a final conclusion without knowing much about Itachi, so I leave that to you guys. What I can say is that he will have to open as defensive, because Teresa is the offensive type. Most likely, he will have at least multiple claymore swings coming his way before the first instant has passed. The first cleave being when she runs past him to appear behind him (Something of a signature of hers. She often appear behind the target, only top suddenly stop and wait for the body of her victim to fal into pieces)

Perspective

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 02:02 AM
Rapidash is currently offline Click here to Send Rapidash a Private Message Find more posts by Rapidash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The only way Teresa can win is if she moves faster then Itachi's mind can think.

Itachi is like Mew-Two. This fight is like a fast character vs. Mew-Two.

And as for the SW character, it was Dorsk 81. Granted, he was also channeling the power of all the other apprentices through him in order to do it, and he died after doing it. His eye balls actually fried.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 02:04 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Becci
Who?

This fight is determined in the first one second. I have not watched Naruto, but that would be about all the time Itachi has. If Itachi fail to defend against the multiple strikes that will come the first second, we have ourselves a female winner. However, if Itachi successfuly lives the first second, the fight can turn out entirely different depending on what he can do to counter. If his abilities are sufficient to counter, given her most likely constant flooding of slashes.

He can bring in mental destruction if I understood you lot right. Since Teresa has never pushed herself beyond 10%, has never fought Galatea, was never analyzed by a professional identifier and was not participating in the Pieta battle against the unnamed mind controler, it is hard to determine her resilience in a mental matter. Given her constant calm and having shown nothing but one single 'snap' in the entire serie, she should have a relatively focused mind but as I said, hard to say if it is very resilient to mental attacks.

Hard to give a final conclusion without knowing much about Itachi, so I leave that to you guys. What I can say is that he will have to open as defensive, because Teresa is the offensive type. Most likely, he will have at least multiple claymore swings coming his way before the first instant has passed. The first cleave being when she runs past him to appear behind him (Something of a signature of hers. She often appear behind the target, only top suddenly stop and wait for the body of her victim to fal into pieces)
Blax, you were not supposed to tell her that! mad

Itachi is by no means slow, by Naruto standards he is one of the fastest, able to move so quickly an advanced Sharingan user like Kakashi could not track him. And there are many Jutsus such as Shadow clones(Itachi can even make them explode), the body flicker, or the Substitution Jutsu which could compensate for the difference in speed, if there even is one. And his Sharingan powers, which are the strongest in the series so far(Madara will probably usurp him in that regard though) will allow him to accurately predict anything she will do as well.

He can do it literally with a look, and can trap her in an illusion with a point of the finger. His Mangekyo Sharingan has the jutsu called Tsukiyomi, which is initiated simply by looking into her eyes, it traps her in a mental illusion where her mind is tortured for 72 hours, although the actual move in the real world is near instant. And he also has the Amaterasu, an attack that moves as fast as the blink of an eye, and if it hits Teresa will incinerate her until nothing is left. His ultimate Jutsu is Susano, it creates s shield around Itachi that forms into a large chakra creature with a sword, if the sword stabs you you will be trapped in a permanent illusion forever.

Yeah, honestly I say Itachi wins easily in all honesty.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 02:11 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapidash

Then it is all about how fast he looks, because in human, Yoma and Claymore eyes alike, Teresa move faster than either one of the three can read. She killed seven Claymore before they had a chance to react and did so in just about one second. She then hands down defeated #2, 3, 4 and 5 without even going 10%.

Given her efficient battle against Priscilla as well as against Irene (Mostly Pricilla though, who had unsensable Yuki), and considering what I have seen of Naruto (Firsthand thinking of Rock Lee), Itachi can not for an instant try rely on his physical abilities. It would all come down to if he can apply the mental stuff before the first second has passed. By the time the torture is over, considering we have seen nothing of her mental resilience, the fight should be over and Itachi declared the winner by killing her one way or another once they get out of the 'illusion'.

Perspective

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 02:18 AM
NemeBro

Rock Lee is not as fast as Itachi.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 02:18 AM
Rapidash

Not even without the weights?

Perspective

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 02:22 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not even close.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 02:25 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

No.

He is nowhere near as fast.

Kakashi could still quite easily track Rock Lee's movements using his Sharingan.

But Kakashi could not even perceive Itachi's, Kakashi commented on the ridiculous speed of which Itachi could move and do hand signs, it was as if he was doing jutsus without moving at all.

Itachi is easily one of the fastest characters in Naruto, the only one who is faster is Madara Uchiha, but he is like, t3h 1337 haxx of all Uchiha.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 02:26 AM
Rapidash

If he is as fast as I now after hearing that imagine him to be, I would once again said that if she can not take him by sudden action the first instant of the fight, she can not take him at all. She has one shot and that would be the first slash. If he dodges and has suspected speed, he wins. While a Claymore is fast, the only Claymore I have seen that can use speed to maximum is former Claymore currently known as Lion King Riguardo and the claymore known as Phantom Miria (Although they are ultilizing the speed in different ways). Teresa is fast, but lets face it. More or less, she has used her speed to run in straight lines and during swinging of blades. So I would even without knowing much about Itachi say that the majority, if not perhaps all, fights will go to him.

Perspective

Last edited by Rapidash on Sep 16th, 2008 at 06:59 AM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 06:56 AM
Danielrogers

Smile

As other people have said if she just goes in for the kill using that almost flash level speed that Teresa's capable of then its game over but if Naruto has time to start summoning all his powers it might be another matter.
The problem is that were talking about power comparisons between fictional characters which are as powerful as the authors deems them to be for narrative purposes and can be changed at any authors wim? so its meaningless I mean we could just say well dr Manhattan would destroy them both its like it serves no purpose, The main thing that makes these characters good is that they wouldn't kill each over whoever win such a duel, I think Teresa is his mother in one fanfic.

Another point of what makes a good characters and narrative is that a claymore cant use their full powers! because unlike Naruto's friendly fox demon a claymores demon will destroy their souls turning them into human flesh eating monsters so they have actively avoid using their powers! claymore is just a darker animi with a more complex theme when it come to power levels.

Last edited by Danielrogers on Jul 29th, 2019 at 04:24 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2019 04:12 AM
Danielrogers is currently offline Click here to Send Danielrogers a Private Message Find more posts by Danielrogers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote