KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » a Villains comic!!...?

a Villains comic!!...?
Started by: SevenShackles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smurph
------

Arkham Asylum

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 04:12 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

joker.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 04:30 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SevenShackles

i wouldnt mind seeing a sinestro corp comic. showing more from the sinestro corp perspective. what do yall think of that idea?
Anything Lantern is badass.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 03:18 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
He meant:

"Why? Is his new series crap?"
wink Does that make more sense to you?

Yea beacause Almighty bauer had "If he counts, Deadpool... again."

Also how good are them Arkham Asylum comics because i saw a review for the joker one and the person pretty much summed it up as being crap.

Last edited by Kazenji on Aug 30th, 2008 at 03:26 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 03:24 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Thanos, Doctor Doom, Two-Face, Magneto

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 03:43 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Kovacs86
He meant:

"Why? Is his new series crap?"
wink Does that make more sense to you?

Score for punctuation. Thank you.

Back on topic;

Villain comics are very often extremely difficult to pull off. Readers want to read about someone and immerse themselves with someone they can relate to and understand on some level.

It's ridiculously difficult for all but the most skilled of writers to write a character the readers can root for without compromising his 'evility,' and making him more of an anti-hero.

Hell, even look to the Flash Rogues. Right now, they're a great read, but it's partially because they are 'bad guys' fighting 'badder guys.'

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 08:34 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Soljer
Score for punctuation. Thank you.

Back on topic;

Villain comics are very often extremely difficult to pull off. Readers want to read about someone and immerse themselves with someone they can relate to and understand on some level.

It's ridiculously difficult for all but the most skilled of writers to write a character the readers can root for without compromising his 'evility,' and making him more of an anti-hero.

Hell, even look to the Flash Rogues. Right now, they're a great read, but it's partially because they are 'bad guys' fighting 'badder guys.'

And the Thunderbolts are bad guys fighting amongst themselves ... or beating up no name heroes who you see and go "oh hey, I remember that guy from *insert hero here*'s comic 10 years ago".

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 09:25 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aztec123
Host of A Ghost.

sinestro would be pretty awesome, current hank henshaw, mongul, darksed and the same could be said about the rogues... other than that, i cant picture any other villian with his or her comic book title. erm

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 08:20 AM
Aztec123 is currently offline Click here to Send Aztec123 a Private Message Find more posts by Aztec123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
invisiblewoman
Invisible Authority

my votes for doom

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 04:09 PM
invisiblewoman is currently offline Click here to Send invisiblewoman a Private Message Find more posts by invisiblewoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Catman, Deadshot, Ragdoll and Scandal. Add a couple of new villains every now and again, and you end up with 2 fantastic miniseries and what looks to be a fun ongoing....

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 05:27 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Aztec123
sinestro would be pretty awesome, current hank henshaw, mongul, darksed and the same could be said about the rogues... other than that, i cant picture any other villian with his or her comic book title. erm

I couldn't agree less. lowered powered villains are more interesting over the long haul ... Taskmaster, Doc Ock, Kingpin, etc ... more vulnerable characters FTW!

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 04:13 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

King Pin or Taskmaster would be awesome too.

Catwoman?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 05:20 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ProjectCornDog

Taskmaster

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 12:01 AM
ProjectCornDog is currently offline Click here to Send ProjectCornDog a Private Message Find more posts by ProjectCornDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos, Doctor Doom, Two-Face, Magneto

Agree on every count. Especially Two-Face, he is under-utilized.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 12:20 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Apocalypse. No, not about his past. I propose a comic about his struggles to conquer the world. His various trials into improving mutant kind. No, I don't want a Venom or Thanos anti-hero comic book. I want it to be about the villain, his perspective of a better world under his dictatorship, and the villains and heroes in the MU that delay his conquest. Basically its the reverse of the theme of heroes' "fighting for a better world."

Aside from the X-Men, Avengers, and FF, his conflict with Loki should be furthered, run-ins with Ultron and Doom's visions, his conflicting goals with Bastion and other mutant haters, etc.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 02:00 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by King Kandy
Agree on every count. Especially Two-Face, he is under-utilized.
Besides the fact that he recently had the Facing the Face arc across the batbooks, a Year One, got a Joker's Asylum issue and is part of the RIP tie ins in Nightwing?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 02:07 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Riddler.

I'd say Black Adam, but he already kinda had one with ww3.

Mandarin

Kang

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 09:58 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote