KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Seeking a ban?

Seeking a ban?
Started by: Grand-Moff-Gav

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Is there irony to be found in the fact that she has the third highest post count?

I'd say so, yes.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 11:18 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Not really no, its about whether or not users can ask to be banned.

Is there irony to be found in the fact that she has the third highest post count?

She's had the third highest post count for a couple years now, these past couple years she hasn't posted hardly at all.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 11:41 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Phucked Up
She's had the third highest post count for a couple years now, these past couple years she hasn't posted hardly at all.
Though true, it is a fact best hidden as the irony is hilarious.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 12:21 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

So she didn't have a life...then found one?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 01:24 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Yeah, now she's telling others to get a life. Gotta love internet preachers.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 01:25 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Why does it bother you what other people want to do with their time? Or whether they want to be banned, or not? How's it any of your business?
it's not

I don't care.

I feel observed blink

yep. found one. and then lost again. so i guess there will be more of me online in the nearest future.

oh. and i'm not telling anyone what to do. I'm just says that getting yourself banned is not a good sollution.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 09:41 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by Clovie
oh. and i'm not telling anyone what to do. I'm just says that getting yourself banned is not a good sollution.

I agree

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 04:18 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, it may not be a good solution for you, but there are things called personal differences. It really is amazing how many people on this site think that their personality, likes and dislikes etc. are universal.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 05:34 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

blink when have I said that my opinion is universal. it's MINE. OWN. and I think the board is to share with this PERSONAL opinion. so **** off.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 06:56 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

blink when have I said that my opinion is universal. it's MINE. OWN. and I think the board is to share with this PERSONAL opinion. so **** off.

Well, perhaps you should work on phrasing it as that, then, instead of seemingly claiming that this solution is objectively not a good one. Want to see what I'm talking about?:

Yeah, you most definitely need to work on your phrasing. Not only does it seem like you're making the aforementioned claim, it's also written in pigeon-English.

Also, reported for bashing.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 07:06 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav

Could a Mod close this please.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 07:21 PM
Clovie

that was bashing? blink good to know. seems a lot of stuff has changed.

oh. and I don't speak/write english. so don't use so long words to me, please.

[oh.. and "I''m not telling anyone what to do... " for me suggests personal opinion]

and sure. closing smile

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 07:49 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

It'll get done faster if you PM a mod.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 09:16 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by Strangelove
It'll get done faster if you PM a mod.

I did, but should another one be reading it before the mod gets online...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 09:18 PM
Scythe
The Goat

getting yourself banned is not a good sollution.

How so? If someone's hooked on KMC and a member's jackassery prevents them from having fun, yet still return, a ban would fix all that.

To some people, like myself, forums are something that are easy to get hooked on, but should a ban come about, I won't stress it. Why? No use in returning later down the road, so yeah, I think a ban is a good solution to some problems.

Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah.

Just checkin'

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 03:21 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Also ironically, you always start threads that end up being controversial and need to request to close them stick out tongue

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 08:48 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by Spidervlad
Also ironically, you always start threads that end up being controversial and need to request to close them stick out tongue

Well, if you examine the other thread I started you will notice that it attracted the same users...

Both times I've requested a close is because of the possibility of things escalating to bashing.

I just don't know how I do it stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 04:53 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think requesting bans is a good idea. If a member had the self-control to not come back then they wouldn't be requesting the ban in the first place.

No point in requesting a ban though. Just go to the Clone Wars thread and point out the mod hypocrisy. That'll get you banned nice and quick. I wouldn't be surprised if I got banned right now for saying this, actually.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 07:25 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, if you examine the other thread I started you will notice that it attracted the same users...

Both times I've requested a close is because of the possibility of things escalating to bashing.

I just don't know how I do it stick out tongue

Perhaps it has something to do with the subject matter.

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I think requesting bans is a good idea. If a member had the self-control to not come back then they wouldn't be requesting the ban in the first place.

No point in requesting a ban though. Just go to the Clone Wars thread and point out the mod hypocrisy. That'll get you banned nice and quick. I wouldn't be surprised if I got banned right now for saying this, actually.

Pretty much.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 06:43 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You certainly get an official warning for it, NonSensi-Klown. And as this thread has now become another mod attacking vehicle, I am closing.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 10:20 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote