KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE IV (JEDI)- Purity

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE IV (JEDI)- Purity
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (121): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"A religious celebration that accompanies the election of the new Archimandrite. During that time, no weapons are allowed within the Basilicia."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 07:32 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(EEEPPP! It figures this would start while I was away, dern my luck. SO sorry for the tardiness, but a big Hell Yeah! to the return of this game. Thank you Ush.

I don't want to drag it back to the platform too much. Let's just put it that Andro will very politely greet Roan and meet Jelena. The answer for his mood is something along the lines of 'worry for Gallagher' and it will obviously be sincere. No heated tirades about his burning desire to make Seinar a head shorter, this time. There's no reason to put these people off immediately. Or give Masters Fisto, Mundi, or Yoda to deprive him of a lightsaber for another mission. (I figure it's very likely that he has received understanding but firm admonishments againt striking out on a personal vendetta from most of the Council since his return.) Experience with the investigation or no, it was actually a mild shock to Andro to be allowed to go on the mission instead of being shipped of to the opposite corner of the Galaxy from Mandragos.

"Yes Master Yoda. There are few leads, none of which connect Seinar more than circumstantially to the crimes. After what I faced in that 'meeting' not long ago, I can see that for a man in his position circumstance does not so much as arrouse suspicion. It's worse that charging a politician. Most beings accept that the politician is guilty and just buying his way out. He beats the law but not public opinion. In this case I beleive public opinion weighs heavier on Seinar's side than the the law. We will likely receive little cooperation from anyone we are likely to meet during this investigation."

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 04:10 AM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"Oh?" Gallagher says, unpleasantly surprised. "What is to be done with my lightsaber during the Jubilee?"

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 04:53 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"It will have to be handed in at the front here. As will be so for... anyone else."

-

"Yes, yes..." says Yoda, vaguely waving your comments away, Andro.

"Powerful Jedi, could Gallagher be. What know you of this man, hmm?"

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 10:30 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Andro tries not to look puzzled at himself for misunderstanding Yoda's meaning. "I only really got to know him on the mission on Spiridos. VERY strong in the Force, in my humble opinion. And as equally principled, for someone even younger than I." He pauses, remembering his failures on that mission, and what Gallagher probably didn't realise what he had taught this saber-nut. "I... I learned much from him, Master." Andro finished, and bowed his head for a moment. Without looking up, "I am certain that he can handle Seinar mentally, if not physically."

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 12:38 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Hmm," says Yoda. "A special case, is Gallagher. Not smooth, was his training. What know you of his sister?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 03:20 PM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Andro wanted to remark that his training hadn't been smooth, not for his Masters anyway. But now was certainly not the time. "He told me some about his family. Wasn't his sister murdered?"

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 04:51 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Yes. Most ireegular, was Gallagher's history. Many said he should have have been trained. Known his sister, he never should."

BtVS

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 05:07 PM
Brit
Duchess

"I did not know that Gallagher had a sister," Jelena says. "I believe his father is the Senator of Thespia, but... I know little else of him."

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 07:01 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, well, Yoda outlines some of the unusual details of Gallagher's training.

Yoda himself is the one that picked out Gallagher's special abilities and great potential, even when Gallagher was an infant. A gift like that requires special training. The problem is that there was always a certain resistance from Gallagher's powerful family; they were annoted enough he had been discovered as a potential Jedi and taken from him, now they wanted him to be a great and famous Jedi Knight in honour of the family name, and not locked up in the Temple doing mere meditations (like many who are not Jedi, they did not understand the importance of such passive ways). Gallagher's family and world are rich and powerful and tried to exert undue influence to have Gallagher used on missions he was, basically, not ready for.

His family finally got their chance to exert that influence when a cirminal case began involving the kidnap of Gallagher's sister. As a wealthy heiress to the Klinge-Faust family considerable political pressure was given to not only have the Jedi investigate the crime, but gor Gallagher to be involved with it. In the end, the Council agreed- so long as Gallagher acted under direction from the Master Korth.

Obviously, the potential emotional attachment of a Jedi investigating his own family was a worry to the Council, even though Gallagher had long been removed from contact with them. This was the start of the Jedi's concerns for Gallagher.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 07:27 PM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

"Master, despite all that, Gallagher seems to have his head screwed on considerab;y straight. If I may say so, with respect of course, but he managed to prove to me the necessity of balance in a Jedi's skills, when many Masters could not. I meditate on that nightly now, Master Yoda." That, and envisioning Seinar's head bouncing on the floor, he thinks. Andro pauses, hoping he didn't go too far but has made his point.
"What do you fear may happen to him?"

Last edited by Jazzman_78 on Sep 6th, 2008 at 11:32 PM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 11:30 PM
Brit
Duchess

"Patience, Andro," Jelena says. "I feel we do not know enough about our friend Gallagher as we should in this delicate situation. I realize your eagerness to help him, but you cannot do it alone."

Jelena turns back to Master Yoda.

"What was the outcome of this mission?"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 01:19 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"I cannot imagine that many bring weapons into the Basilica anyways," Gallagher says. "After all, the Synod of Ferradyne is pacifistic, is it not? Highly uncommon for the Abbott and his underlings to be armed, I should think."

Gallagher recalls learning that the Synod was a pacifist religion, then seeing Varm and Kathya draw blasters. And then the brutality with which Sienar dismissed his Jedi assailants.

I hope Zaland and Andro are alright, Gallagher thinks.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 02:15 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"The Basilica is welcome to all and in this day and age many carry weapons," says Sienar. "Indeed, though, members of the Synod do not."

You walk on through. Rather like the Vatican, the indise looks more like an art gallery than much else, though being on a Star War scale it is stupidly big. Sienar says he is taking you to his rooms within the Basilica. He sends Kathya off to meet with someone else; you notice that Mirani is no longer with you.

-

"Understanding, you must show," says Yoda. He regrets that due to certain promises the Jedi Council made years ago, he cannot in good conscience tell you what went wrong in detail.

He can give you the basics though. It was not one mission that followed but a linked series of events, including the activities of a trio of Dark Siders. At the culmination of these events, Gallagher's sister was sadly killed. Seeing her body, Gallagher attacked her assailants in a rage. Yoda hopes he doesn't have to explain how troubling that is; although many a Jedi has temporarily lost emotional control when seeing a friend die, the nature of Gallagher's growing attachment to his sister in these times masde it a particular worry.

The situation ended with two of the three Dark Siders dead, the other got away, and Gallagher was left emotionally (and physically, for that matter) scarred. This was a time of great test for Gallagher and, due to the lack of witnesses at the time, it was impossible to assess quite what his emotional condition was. The reason there were no other witnesses at the point where another Jedi got there (it was Scovione, in fact) is because the Dark Sider that got away had so badly injured Master Korth.

Korth, incidentally, never recovered from his injuries and is in a coma these days.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 7th, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 11:13 AM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Andro shoots Jelenea an annoyed look at warning him of patience when he said noting to provoke it, These people also think I'm about to go flying off the handle, great. "Master, do you fear Seinar is trying to turn Gallagher? If so, why do we simply not launch a rescue mission?"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 11:25 AM
Brit
Duchess

"That is terrible!" Jelena says, when Yoda completes the basics of Gallagher's mission. "I had no idea that such termoil beset our friend Gallagher. Who was this Dark Sider that escaped? What was his purpose?"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 05:04 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"Where did our friend the good doctor go?" Gallagher asks Sienar as they stroll through the enormous Basilica. Gallagher cannot help but admire the artwork being displayed. This Basilica predates Sienar, after all, and was not built on evil.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 05:07 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Dark Sider was only known as Brith, though more on that in a bit.

After that 'episode', a number of things happened. Gallagher had to return for treatment and therapy to get over that period. The Council made a firm decision that the familiy ties had to be broken off. To get that settled as quickly as possible, they made a deal- Gallagher woud not be in contact with his faimily, beyond the odd message, in return for which they would be allowed to assign one of their family protectors to look after him. That solved that problem.

The problem of Gallagher's emotional state was more difficult. There was some thinking that he would have to be withdrawn as a Jedi Knight. However, there was an additional complication. There had been some thinking early on that Gallagher might be the Chosen One due to his natural power. This was very quickly dismissed but the fact remained that several sensed that Gallagher had an important part to play in future events- an ability to see where others may not.

During the last mission, Gallagher broadcast a warning to Spiridos about a vision he had had of Roan about to be attacked by the mysterious assailant you found on Cassilis. No-one has ever been able to manage such a direct vision of this great mystery you and Roan ran into. It is possbiel Gallagher's destiny iis to find out information about this threat, and perhaps comprehend the scale of the mood-latering affect that you witnssed on Cassilis. So it seems the decision to continue his training and his career was a good one- but that decision came at a price.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 05:11 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alkaselzer
"Where did our friend the good doctor go?" Gallagher asks Sienar as they stroll through the enormous Basilica. Gallagher cannot help but admire the artwork being displayed. This Basilica predates Sienar, after all, and was not built on evil.

"His presence would be inappropriate. You see, it tuens out there are quite a number of crimes that can be traced to the poor Doctor."

BtVS

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 05:12 PM
Brit
Duchess

"Remarkable indeed," Jelena says. "What was the price paid?"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 05:26 PM