KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Blu-Ray special editions

Blu-Ray special editions
Started by: nicedreads

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nicedreads

Blu-Ray special editions

A good way for film companies to get more money out of me is to make a DVD special edition with an awesome case. I can't resist. Best Buy has been kicking ass lately with the Steelbook editions (Bourne, Planet Terror, The Departed, etc). I have the Fight Club special edition, Memento, Pulp Fiction, etc etc.

My question is. are Blu-Ray discs going to start making special editions?

If I see both in the store now, I'm more inclined to pick up the DVD version because it looks better. A perfect example is the Mad Men season 1 dvd set. Came in a Zippo lighter type case. That's freaking awesome! The Blu-Ray version was just a regular case.

On the flip side though, Blu-Rays already cost $30. How much would they charge for a special case. confused

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 08:47 PM
nicedreads is currently offline Click here to Send nicedreads a Private Message Find more posts by nicedreads Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not a blu ray person, I adore all the different editions that come out on dvd, like steelbooks that you mentioned.

But yes, Blu-ray boxes really really suck.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 06:15 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

no they dont suck

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 11:05 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes they do, the boxes are a bore.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 04:38 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

yes, but blue rays are high def.......................

Old Post Oct 25th, 2008 10:07 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

and? I keep saying, if you have a good television and dvd player then it isn't that much of a difference in the quality that is so important to change suddenly from dvd to blu ray, unlike from vhs to dvd. Also the quality in sound from blu ray depends on if you have the sound system, and a lot don't so they are not really going to benefit on the sound quality much.

Also, if you upscale on your dvd player, it smooths the dvd pixel quality out a certain % and makes it closer to blu ray quality. All you need is a simple cable for that if your dvd player can take the cable.

The best quality is seeing it on the cinema screen still, blue ray still doesn't come close to that sharpness and so on apparently.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2008 03:27 PM
justinday15
Jay

There is a big difference between blu ray and standard dvds on a high def t.v.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 07:45 PM
justinday15 is currently offline Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote