KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » FIREFLY – Wayward Bound (Discussion and Suggestions)

FIREFLY – Wayward Bound (Discussion and Suggestions)
Started by: Aliies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hazardous

Nothings happening, just waiting...

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 11:59 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

Posted :P

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 08:13 AM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Ok I havent watched the show in a while, what kind of currency do they use? And is it equivalent to our money, eg $1 their money = $1 our money, or is it do they use yen, or gold or what? I should probably bust out the dvds....

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 12:34 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

heh im not sure actually, look it up on the net... when in doubt pure trade is always the best of currency ^_^

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 01:33 PM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boiled_egg

As far as I know its trade and not sure if they use actual currency on a regular basis

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 11:50 PM
boiled_egg is currently offline Click here to Send boiled_egg a Private Message Find more posts by boiled_egg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Depends where/who I guess. Core worlds use currency, outer worlds use trade more. Most of Mal's jobs get paid in cash so he can pay the crew, Simon would have earned money as a doctor, Inara earns money etc. I was just thinking about it and theres quite a few instances where money is mentioned or used, like when Mal gives Patience a small pouch of coins etc.

But anyway without needing to get into it, it was just a small detail. I was going to have my character use money to stay on the ship since he has no real trade skills of any worth, but then I remembered he doesn't have much money, so I guess it's trade time

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 12:09 PM
Aliies

lets just call them credits or coin... no fancy name XD another thing is that in this game you can't have a small fortune with you... you signed onto the crew because you need the money.

also your personal wealth will be kept track of as the game progresses as things like equipment and such will also be recorded as well as chance of jams, breakages oro misfires (with weapons)

i wont go into it and bore you with tables of how often you might break something, blah blah blah, just adding this to make the game more real. ^_^

Everyone has 20 coin to start off with, jax keeps little over a hundred away for ship and crew emergencies and nothing for himself.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 01:53 PM
Hazardous

How will combat take place? I'm not sure how to word it out, if we're typing in story context but still need you to decide out hit factor etc.

Hmm let me use an imaginary scenario as example:

[story mode]
A single Reaver boarded the Firefly while the crew were asleep. Captain Jacques, sitting awake at the helm, was the only one who heard the Reaver on the ship. He jumped to his feet, grabbed his pistol and headed out the cockpit towards the kitchen, where the Reaver was. The Reaver looked up and saw the captain in the doorway, it grabbed a knife off the table and charged towards him.

How would you go about filling in combat while keeping it story-related?

Last edited by Hazardous on Dec 2nd, 2008 at 02:13 PM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 02:01 PM
Aliies

you type your reactions to the story/attacker, and then actions but leave them open. no closing statement:

Incorrect:
Jax waited until the last moment then ducked, hitting it in the shin and using its momentum to roll the thing over his shoulder.
As it stumbles and rolls, trying to get back to its feet, jax walks up and shoots it n the head, killing it.

Correct
Jax waited until the last moment then ducked, hitting it in the shin and trying to use it's momentum to roll it over his shoulder.

The first example shows you controlling the situation, the second and more accurate method shows your character trying to counteract the enemy's actions, if done in the second manner, where as you allow the GM (myself) to depict how the NPC reacts and acts to your behavior, i will then calculate the chance of your actions suceeding and what happens i nthe next moment.

Example Reaver's reaction:
The reaver, expecting it's prey to run is completely blind to Jax's maneuver. However the adrenaline running through its veins fuels a cunning mind and drops it's weight instead on jax, grabbing whatever of his clothes to remain in close quarters, trying desperately to get at whatever part of his body with the knife.

Example Jax's reaction:
Half expecting this, he instead jumps up with the weight and moves to ram his shoulder into it's jaw, whilst lining up his pistol for a shot.

Example Reaver's Reaction:
Jax's attack lands home into the rabid thing's jaw, whilst reeling for a moment, the shot scores a hit to the neck, it flails for a moment before choking on it's own lifeblood, swipign the knife wildly around it trying to get at it's attacker.

Final Jax's reaction:
The knife slices through his upper arm and he is sent backwards from the pain, the Reaver no longer has the ability to track it's prey and so remains flailing fr a moment before it finally drops to a knee, slumping with a loud growling gurgle to the deck.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 11:47 AM
boiled_egg

Hey everyone... just spoke to Aliies and he said he'd be back in a day or two... and that he'll explain everything then.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 01:11 AM
boiled_egg is currently offline Click here to Send boiled_egg a Private Message Find more posts by boiled_egg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boiled_egg

Well if this doesn't start back up in a week I'll be leaving... just got moved to a busier department at work so wont have time to keep checking up on things to see if Aliies has come back or not.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 10:27 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Out of curiosity, is this game still running? It has been awhile since it's gotten a post. I understand Aliies is out of commission or something?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 01:05 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Just made a slight bump to see if anyone was still playing...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 02:16 AM
boiled_egg

sweet... much appreciated however Maggie's in the kitchen atm... lessee if anyone else's still round...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 02:56 AM
boiled_egg

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Out of curiosity, is this game still running? It has been awhile since it's gotten a post. I understand Aliies is out of commission or something?

Aliies has been busy with work far as I know... he hasn't kept regular contact and keeps saying that he'll post but doesn't... I understand that he's busy but yea...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 02:57 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Ah, gotcha. I had been considering joining or perhaps running my own, but I didn't want to shunt this one out of existence.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 02:11 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boiled_egg

might be the better idea to start your own then wait to see if and when Aliies comes back to join this one

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 02:17 AM
Shad0w_Frost

I'm still here btw smile I havent posted in awhile but i still keep tabs here to see if anything is goin on. I may re-surface on the x-men thread soon too. <3

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 02:44 AM
Shad0w_Frost is currently offline Click here to Send Shad0w_Frost a Private Message Find more posts by Shad0w_Frost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shad0w_Frost
I'm still here btw smile I havent posted in awhile but i still keep tabs here to see if anything is goin on. I may re-surface on the x-men thread soon too. <3

I thought you got hit by a zebra or something.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 03:16 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boiled_egg

lol

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 03:18 AM