KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » What is the strongest emotion and why?

What is the strongest emotion and why?
Started by: Aster Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aequo Animo
Operation: Hot Mother

You will pay the price for your lack of vision.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 06:48 PM
Aequo Animo is currently offline Click here to Send Aequo Animo a Private Message Find more posts by Aequo Animo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laura Palmer
S&M

Rage, because you can't control yourself...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 01:36 AM
Laura Palmer is currently offline Click here to Send Laura Palmer a Private Message Find more posts by Laura Palmer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Hate is the strongest emotion because it cannot be controlled.

Neither can love.

Hate is self distructive, however.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 04:25 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

I believe love is the strongest emotion for its ability to bring people together even through the darkest of times.

For Fritos.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 07:28 PM
Stealth is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Hate and Love are polars of the same emotion, IMO, and both very strong. Too strong.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 01:53 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Fear.

/thread.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 03:42 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

Sad to say hate is. Just look at the Muslims and the Jews. With hate all reasoning goes out the window.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 11:50 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zbucsz
Pimp

Fear is the strongest-think about it

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 11:54 PM
zbucsz is currently offline Click here to Send zbucsz a Private Message Find more posts by zbucsz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

I believe fear is more a primordial instinct. There are rational(primal) fears and irrational(learned) fears. Emotions are a little different, I believe.

Hate can cause fears though, just as love can also cause fears.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 01:08 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Deja~vu
Hate can cause fears though, just as love can also cause fears.

Actually hate is often a cover for fear and love can be the same thing.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 01:20 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I think horniness is. IMO people think about sex way more than anything.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 01:30 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

hmm after seeing wifeys breasts for the 8th time 2nite I agree hiker

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 07:56 AM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Actually hate is often a cover for fear and love can be the same thing.

So?

Doesn't necessarily mean that fear is stronger.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 02:59 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Mindship
There may be some truth to this. As is often said, eg, the opposite of love is not hate, but apathy. Put more bluntly: the opposite of any emotional state (ie, its physiological correlates) is its absence. However, in terms of human subjective experience, most people I think tend to polarize one emotion against another, rather than pair an emotion with its absence.

People like clear opposites, and love/hate is one that is huge in our culture.

I personally am swaying more this way, the strength of an emotion has nothing to do with the emotion itself, but the context in which the emotional systems activate. Our later interpretation of this context will tell us what emotion it was we were experiencing, but that will be unrelated or at the very least, subsequent to the subjective experience of arousal.

Maybe what I'm saying is that emotions don't have strength, our reaction to stimuli does. It is more likely that the strength of that reaction determines our interpretation of the emotion than the other way around.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 05:54 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Depends on your personality and how extreme a given situation is.

Fear is quite strong of you are confronted by a demon like entity.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 07:50 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

Love in its truest form is all encompassing. not romantic, oedipal, puppy, platonic or all these other trashy names we have for it but love in its purest sense.
all other emotions are just a reaction to love IMO. sorrow, joy, hate are emotions that are relative to love. joy is abundance of love, sorrow is deficit and hatred is absense of love.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 08:14 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Originally posted by Bicnarok
Depends on your personality and how extreme a given situation is.

Fear is quite strong of you are confronted by a demon like entity.

Fear is the strongest...just found that out very recent...not like when someone sticks a gun to your head ..been there that just made me angry...anger strong too..but when you think your gonna die and you experiencing death "type" issues fear of death is the strongest emotion ever...its easy to to take a bullet for someone else u usually dont have time to think thats a selfless act etc...but when your body is trying to shut down (accidental med overdose lets say..ahemm) the only comforting thought I had was of some ladies in my life...fear of death while dieing slow...I vote that....VERY SCARRY! I always thought the only thing in life I was scared of was sharks (big ones) now I know better...face slow death (while sober) is just anyways u all get my meaning....trying to make myself fearless again..but sticking in my head ...why did I have to be sober!

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 10:56 AM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

love is the strongest because few emotions can create love, whereas love can build any emotion, sometimes mroe than once at a time.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 04:18 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
So?

Doesn't necessarily mean that fear is stronger.

Fear is infinitely pervasive. All other emotions are built off of it. (ie fear is the strongest emotion because it is the source of emotions)

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 05:42 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Fear is infinitely pervasive. All other emotions are built off of it. (ie fear is the strongest emotion because it is the source of emotions)

would you consider disgust to be an emotion?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 07:09 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote