KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » True Blood

True Blood
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (54): « First ... « 52 53 [54]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
Well to be fair it is hard to believe the Adam and Eve thing for many reasons.

The reason I believe my metric theory is simple. Humans go as far back as 195,000 years ago. There is no way she predated the human species.

And if we went by your theory theory of the 8000 thing it still doesn't add up.

Depends on whether it's an allegorical reference in regards to Adam and Eve. Still, it's a supernatural show, and if vampires, werewolves and faeries can exist, then there is no question that Adam and Eve did too.

Again, real life evolutionary chart of the human species doesn't necessarily nullify the possibility of her being that old at the time of her true death. And based on the way it sounds, it probably means that she predated human civilization, not the species itself.

Why not? It's likely that it wasn't God who created her, that she was probably the result of a metamystical evolution of some lesser sunlight averse supernatural creature. That belongs to the realm of speculation, what doesn't is the fact that her power was that of an 8000 year old vampire.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 03:54 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rikudo sennin

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Depends on whether it's an allegorical reference in regards to Adam and Eve. Still, it's a supernatural show, and if vampires, werewolves and faeries can exist, then there is no question that Adam and Eve did too.

Again, real life evolutionary chart of the human species doesn't necessarily nullify the possibility of her being that old at the time of her true death. And based on the way it sounds, it probably means that she predated human civilization, not the species itself.

Why not? It's likely that it wasn't God who created her, that she was probably the result of a metamystical evolution of some lesser sunlight averse supernatural creature. That belongs to the realm of speculation, what doesn't is the fact that her power was that of an 8000 year old vampire.

No question? We should know by now there was no way those two existed for many reasons. So I guess she would only be older than civilization. There is 100% no way she could predate the entire species. That means her abilities were ridiculously weak.

Same I don't believe for a second that the God of the bible created her. Yeah the power of one which again can easily be interpreted as a conversion. Though we will never know. Do you think the writers would answer the question on twitter?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 04:17 PM
Rikudo sennin is currently offline Click here to Send Rikudo sennin a Private Message Find more posts by Rikudo sennin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
No question? We should know by now there was no way those two existed for many reasons. So I guess she would only be older than civilization. There is 100% no way she could predate the entire species. That means her abilities were ridiculously weak.

Same I don't believe for a second that the God of the bible created her. Yeah the power of one which again can easily be interpreted as a conversion. Though we will never know. Do you think the writers would answer the question on twitter?

Why? Other myth-based supernaturals exist, so what prevents Adam and Eve from doing so as well?

Ask Brian Buckner.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 04:24 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rikudo sennin

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Why? Other myth-based supernaturals exist, so what prevents Adam and Eve from doing so as well?

Ask Brian Buckner.

Well I don't think they will show a flashback from 195 000 years ago. Unless TB's Adam and Eve were not the first humans but something else.

Don't have twitter.

Last edited by Rikudo sennin on Sep 8th, 2013 at 01:14 AM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2013 01:04 AM
Rikudo sennin is currently offline Click here to Send Rikudo sennin a Private Message Find more posts by Rikudo sennin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The True Blood finale was okay, but felt it could have been much better..

was not surprised by [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Bill's death

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 06:30 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Rubbish final season and episode.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:08 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I didn't even bother watching past of the first ep of this season.

It was shit.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:26 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Actually its been shit for a long while.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:35 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Placidity
Actually its been shit for a long while.
Yea, since like the second season.

That's beside the point though.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:45 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just thought I'd resurrect this since I've been rewatching the series. I actually enjoyed the series immensely up until the end of the 4th season. After that I didn't hate it, but I saw a dip in quality.

Here is one thing that bothered me about the final season and it was the death of Tara. For pretty much the ENTIRE show I f*cking hated Tara. I just thought she was loud and obnoxious. How Lafayette manages to be loud, but not necessarily obnoxious and you find yourself liking him..Tara was just..ugh. Then out of nowhere she's a lesbian. But I still had a problem with her death, or rather the way she died: off screen.

To put it in context, friggin coroner Mike Spencer got an onscreen death, but a main character gets killed offscreen? I thought there was a legit reason why..I was convinced Lettie Mae had killed Tara in the excitement of the battle. This is why I also thought she was so desperate to make contact with Tara again because I didn't think it was something she planned. But then it is just..nope, she really was killed off screen by a random vampire.

Also for me I wouldn't of killed Bill. When they had the one moment where Sookie can hear his thoughts I thought it would turn out that due to his whole thing with Lilith in the past..the vampire disease wouldn't fully kill him it would kill the "vampire" in him. Basically I thought Bill was going to become human. I would of liked this more then "woe is me I'm a vampire, kill me".

I also just feel super bad for Hoyt and how everything turns out for him. Ending up with Jessica again, the girl who cheated on him and mind f*cked him? Eh.

Also I'm just going to say it: Sookie was a c*nt. Especially when she pulled that whole shit with Sam when Sam finally found someone? Her "oh I always figured we'd be together in the end" wtf are you insane?

To conclude I also find it hilarious that somewhere out there is potentially an entire trailer park full of the offspring of Jason Stackhouse. Even though he never became a werepanther a whole bunch of werepanther females raped him so..it's likely at least a couple got pregnant. Which some of these people were obviously the products of incest..that plus Jason Stackhouse dna..jeez.

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 26th, 2016 at 05:02 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2016 04:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote