KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » True Blood

True Blood
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (54): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

I can't wait for the next episode.

I agree it will be Andy who gets killed off and I also agree that Jesscia is
hot.

I was however sometime dissaponited that the recent episode was only 45 minutes long.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 02:03 PM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
really good show tonight...

i was laughing at tara though..

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: sookie's new power against maryanne was a pleasant surprise and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: jason going ramboesque was good to see

yes that was interesting. Im excited to find out what it is.

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 08:42 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Prince Nauj
yes that was interesting. Im excited to find out what it is.

Same here.. Once Sookie realizes her power.. Maryanne is toast

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 09:33 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Same here.. Once Sookie realizes her power.. Maryanne is toast

I REALLY hope they don't take that angle, I much prefer Sookie being a simple mind-reader than an Professor X type of mental juggernaut.

Thankfully, this last ep. was better than the last.

The Werewolf characters should come into play in season 3. While the other Were-types should follow shortly.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 12:00 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
teamB_macro

heard raves about this show. but i was only able to watch some eps from season 1. definitely reminiscent of twilight (is that a good thing or a bad thing?) will try to catch it.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 01:24 AM
teamB_macro is currently offline Click here to Send teamB_macro a Private Message Find more posts by teamB_macro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Robtard
I REALLY hope they don't take that angle, I much prefer Sookie being a simple mind-reader than an Professor X type of mental juggernaut.

Thankfully, this last ep. was better than the last.

The Werewolf characters should come into play in season 3. While the other Were-types should follow shortly.

I 'm not sure if Maryanne will be around for next season, but if she is than I can see them bringing Sookie's new power along slowly..

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 03:41 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Well in the books Jason becomes a Werewolf and I agree with Skywalker.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 08:42 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by teamB_macro
heard raves about this show. but i was only able to watch some eps from season 1. definitely reminiscent of twilight (is that a good thing or a bad thing?) will try to catch it.

It really is not like Twilight at all. Twilight is pretty dumbed down to be kid friendly, this is much more adult and much more serious. Twilight also kind of sucked (the movie not necessarily the books) where as True Blood is pretty awesome.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 04:27 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Originally posted by DarthLazious

UGHHHHH USE SPOILERS PEOPLE!! I HAVENT READ THE BOOKS> THANKS ALOT mad mad

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 08:24 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

True Blood continues to draw record ratings every Sunday night.

Earlier this week, the vamp series pulled in 5.3 million viewers (12 million if you include DVR and HBO On Demand).

A new episode of True Blood (”Frenzy”) airs this Sunday (August 31) @ 9PM ET/PT on HBO. Watch a preview below!

No new episode will air on Sept. 6 (Labor Day weekend), so the season finale will air on Sept. 13.

Im happy its doing well

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 08:26 PM
forumcrew

To be fair they do change some things. Lafayette dies instead of the fake exorcism lady for example and Maryann is a non factor, Godric was not a sheriff, Jason never went to FOTS, Bill didnt run into his maker in Texas....

Point is Allan Ball based the show on the characters and is borrowing a lot of storylines, but he is deviating from it at will.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 09:17 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

True Blood continues to draw record ratings every Sunday night.

Earlier this week, the vamp series pulled in 5.3 million viewers (12 million if you include DVR and HBO On Demand).

A new episode of True Blood (”Frenzy”) airs this Sunday (August 31) @ 9PM ET/PT on HBO. Watch a preview below!

No new episode will air on Sept. 6 (Labor Day weekend), so the season finale will air on Sept. 13.

Im happy its doing well

this show has the potential to be on the air for a while..

I thank you are being sarcastic.. Let me know if I am right

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Aug 25th, 2009 at 09:32 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 09:29 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

hell, one guy up there is using spoiler tags to talk about shows that have already aired nationwide on HBO and are available OnDemand. I don't understand why he does it, but you can't really ask for more spoiler tags than that.

this thread is not about books, so I sincerely hope you were being sarcastic in asking for spoiler tags on discussions about a book series.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 10:11 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by DarthLazious

No, he doesn't. I haven't read them, but he doesn't.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 11:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Note. I wasent being saracstic about using spoiler tags. Just because this show is based on a book doesnt mean crap. But whatever if you wont be using spoiler tags then I wont bother coming into this thread any longer.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 12:27 AM
Syren
dreaming

It's so simple to use spoiler tags, and honestly it saves so much hassle just to add them in.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 05:56 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsoutfield

I was mildly dissapointed as well about the most recent episode of Tru Blood being only 45 minutes long, though it was an excellent episode.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 08:17 PM
angelsoutfield is currently offline Click here to Send angelsoutfield a Private Message Find more posts by angelsoutfield Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluesgirl

I would love to watch this but I just cant conquer my HATE of Anna Paquin. The episodes I've seen suck you in but she is possibly the worst actress of all time. After hearing her southern accent in XMen who said "YES I WANT HER FOR OUR SOUTHERN GOTHIC VAMPIRE SERIES!" because that person has never been to the south.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 10:40 PM
bluesgirl is currently offline Click here to Send bluesgirl a Private Message Find more posts by bluesgirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by bluesgirl
I would love to watch this but I just cant conquer my HATE of Anna Paquin. The episodes I've seen suck you in but she is possibly the worst actress of all time. After hearing her southern accent in XMen who said "YES I WANT HER FOR OUR SOUTHERN GOTHIC VAMPIRE SERIES!" because that person has never been to the south.

laughing out loud

I loathed her in X-Men as well, thought I was the only one. Everyone else seems to think she's a darling. I can tolerate her in True Blood though, possibly because of the rest of the colourful characters. Helps detract from her inherent crappiness big grin

I also hate the way she walks and how her arms hang. I'm becoming slightly obsessed in my dislike.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:39 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by bluesgirl

X-men was not even close to a series of good movies anyway I would not blame just her for it. I will admit I did not love her in the role to start but guess I have just come to accept it over time.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 02:51 PM