KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Will You Watch Season 8?

Will You Watch Season 8?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 11 84.62%
No 2 15.38%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Will You Watch Season 8?
Started by: Amazon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Amazon

Will You Watch Season 8?

How many of you will watch Smallville Season 8 after last years debacle.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 02:02 AM
Amazon is currently offline Click here to Send Amazon a Private Message Find more posts by Amazon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I will watch this only to see Erica Durance

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 03:49 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

me I'll watch it because of clois haha

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 03:49 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

Since Michael Rosenbaum isn't going to be in them anymore I'm not going to watch it. I learned the hard way last year that the commercials don't portray the episodes very well.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 05:17 AM
Amazon is currently offline Click here to Send Amazon a Private Message Find more posts by Amazon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

what?! M.B. won't be in smallville anymore!

whoa..he was the shows' best actor. why'd he leave? And who'll play Lex?

ill definetely watch s.8 for this one...

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 07:01 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

I was initially reluctant to follow Season 8 (Lex *and* Lionel out?!) but after reading an interview with Erica Durance, Season 8 is starting to interest me if only for Lois and Clark's relationship.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 07:13 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
what?! M.B. won't be in smallville anymore!

whoa..he was the shows' best actor. why'd he leave? And who'll play Lex?

ill definetely watch s.8 for this one...

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not. But no he's not going to be in it. And from the commercials he's not in the premier episode and clarke is half dead with Chloe crying over him.

My guess for season 8 is, If season 7's writing was any indication. Lex will disappear for most of the season because MB is gone and they couldn't think of better writing for Lex and Clarks final blow out. Clark is lying there half dead and Chloe uses her healing powers to heal him. And because she uses her powers to heal a kryptonian it finally kills her for real thus leaving Clark free to be with Lois. Lana is gone now too, but I bet by the end of season 8 we'll find out that Lex and Lana have hooked up in some secret underground cave where they are building some super army or something. All the while Clark doesn't have to deal with Lex trying to control him until the end of season 8 and it will be over in 1 episode.

quote:
I was initially reluctant to follow Season 8 (Lex *and* Lionel out?!) but after reading an interview with Erica Durance, Season 8 is starting to interest me if only for Lois and Clark's relationship.

If I hear good reviews of Season 8 I'll start to watch it again. But if not I'm not going to waist my time. So if it's good please post here.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 07:21 AM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

That's the thing. I've always found Smallville to have a lot of filler episodes (and most honestly suck). I'm actually thinking how it would be like if it were a mini-series or at least didn't have 20+ episodes every season.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 04:24 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
That's the thing. I've always found Smallville to have a lot of filler episodes (and most honestly suck). I'm actually thinking how it would be like if it were a mini-series or at least didn't have 20+ episodes every season.

It's mostly lazy writing and they're trying to milk the superman thing for all it's worth. It would have been much better to have 2 or 3 seasons without any filler to make every episode intense.

I've said it a billion times, if smallville were real lex would have found out Clark was an alien within the first month. They've dumbed down the evil genious so they have milk the show for all it's worth. Which sucks because Lex is the best character in my opinon and I absolutley love michael rosenbaum.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 01:25 AM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Oh, definitely. I agree on your point that Lex would have known Clark's secret by now. But personally, I suspend my disbelief on that one point as a lot of great character development would not have been possible had Lex found out from the get-go. But I see where you're coming from.

All I know is, without the Luthors there -- who I thought were the best characters -- it's a big risk to continue the show. We'll just have to wait and see.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 02:37 AM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

convincing you guys to watch season 8

episode 1 clips already in youtube

lane and kent rocking!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H70I...mp;feature=user

Lois & Clark Rescue Chloe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUN9XrdP4HY

Lois & Clark at the DP

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 03:58 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Haha

"Why don't you give your stand-up a rest?"

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 01:39 PM
JeRo

Jeez ... if some1 doesn't like it just don't watch it. No need to make dramas and etc. It`s just a TV Show to watch in your spare time and relax. The end of the world won`t come if its not as good as some1 wanted it to be

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 01:47 PM
JeRo is currently offline Click here to Send JeRo a Private Message Find more posts by JeRo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Ill watch it since Ive been watching the show from the beginning but truth be told, last couple of seasons sucked ass and the Season 8 premiere wasnt all that. How many times is Jor-el gonna take his powers?

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 07:36 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Yeah, thanks Clark. Now we don't have Martian Manhunter.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 02:20 PM
JeRo

Yeah ... this taking/loosing powers thing is really annoying >.>

Old Post Sep 21st, 2008 07:51 AM
JeRo is currently offline Click here to Send JeRo a Private Message Find more posts by JeRo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Asking people who visit a smallville forum if they will watch the newest season, lol?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2008 12:20 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

Originally posted by Magee
Asking people who visit a smallville forum if they will watch the newest season, lol?

It was just a curious poll. I used to come to this board religiously last year and the year before. But season 7 was such a crap o rama fest and everyone seemed completely pissed about it that I was curious about how many people would continue to watch it.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2008 02:13 AM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig_D99TeOTg

don't know where to put this preview Clois!!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 11:48 AM
Magee

Originally posted by Amazon
It was just a curious poll. I used to come to this board religiously last year and the year before. But season 7 was such a crap o rama fest and everyone seemed completely pissed about it that I was curious about how many people would continue to watch it.
I agree, season 7 was pretty dull and uninteresting but I like where they appear to be going with season 8 and the whole metropolis, reporter and being a hero. The way season 8 has started makes me think they can't keep it up for very long with out bringing out the suit which is why it will probably side track with some boring plot. I will be watching season 8 but I just hope it's the last. Spin off ftw!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 03:18 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote