KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » The ban policy?

The ban policy?
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

The ban policy?

How many strikes before your out?

"The wait is over."

Last edited by Nactous on Sep 15th, 2008 at 01:29 PM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 01:22 PM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

depends on the member. amirite?

Thanks to That AC/DC Chick <3

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 02:22 PM
~Wålshy~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Wålshy~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Wålshy~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ~Wålshy~

I don't want to get banned as I'm pretty sure I'm on a last warning, but... [SPOILER - highlight to read]: YES!

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 05:06 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Obviously it does. I don't think anyone would deny that either. Though I can see why, when I remember some of the ridiculous Troll things a year back or so.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 07:24 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

there is no real policy (well there probably is)...but it seems simply a case of "piss off a moderator...get banned"...there doesn't seem to be any standard that is consistent throughout the forum...what someone gets banned for in one forum they wouldn't in another

it also seems that you can abuse another member to a far greater extent before you get banned than you can a moderator

this is all from my observations of the board..

none of this is meant to be a direct attack on the modertating team because i personally think they do a great job....although the only thing i would like to see is in the members profile (who has been banned) where it tells you the reason...it would be good if a link to the page where the offence took place could be put in.

i've also noticed alot of bans have been getting dished out lately....or maybe the amount isn't more...just members in threads i post in

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Last edited by jaden101 on Sep 15th, 2008 at 10:27 PM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 10:24 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think there's really an actual policy, not one that goes for everyone, anyway. Each moderator seems to have their own particular style and policy, which is a good thing, until you call something that one's done and they happen to be quite trigger happy with their mouse finger.

It seems that no amount of debate or arguing will change this, as you will be told to complain to Raz, or not complain at all. If you do complain to Raz, he won't respond, despite having read the complaint.

No offense intended, just my personal experience with being banned. I think I would be right in assuming that my next ban will be permanent, I don't really want that to happen.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 10:39 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Although it also depends on the moderator, as stated already. Some mods have a plenty high leniency, some don't take any shit at all.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 03:00 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Depends strictly on the moderator, not even on the member so much.

I think I was temporarily banned once, but I don't remember when or why because of the four years I've been on KMC.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 07:42 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The general rule is that members get three warnings before their first ban, which is generally a 3-day affair. The next ban is extended to a week or longer. The next is usually final.

If you are underaged, you are banned until you meet the required age.

Some members may get the boot faster than others for greater offenses.

And yes, Chill and Kovacs, best not to do anything that could lead to Bansville...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2008 06:53 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

and how long does say a 3 day ban keep "live" on a members record or is there a limit that it would drop off and then the next time they receive a ban it would only be another 3 day ban....or does it not matter?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2008 11:39 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

where do I stand?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2008 07:37 PM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

on your feet...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2008 09:17 PM
Bardock42

Trick question. He's a paraplegerino.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2008 10:28 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

like the water?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2008 11:56 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by jaden101
like the water?
No, that's Evian.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 12:04 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

no need to insult the woman

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 12:24 AM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Originally posted by jaden101
and how long does say a 3 day ban keep "live" on a members record or is there a limit that it would drop off and then the next time they receive a ban it would only be another 3 day ban....or does it not matter?
After a few months.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 07:01 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thank the maker!

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2008 04:59 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Nac, I think for you they might make an exception. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 12:20 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Christmas Past
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's really about being friendly with moderators. Some guys who should have been banned years ago here stayed members because they sucked up to the mods.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 02:30 PM
Christmas Past is currently offline Click here to Send Christmas Past a Private Message Find more posts by Christmas Past Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote