KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Next big Trilogy or saga?

Next big Trilogy or saga?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

TF...will be a killer trilogy.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 08:41 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

^ Team Fortress?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 08:45 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Isn't that a video game?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 10:19 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I did hear a rumour that they were going to give 'Dune' another shot.

I do hope so and I've said this before. Have Peter Jackson direct it and spread the first novel into 2-3 parts, as there's a lot to cover. Add a budget to rival the LOTR trilogy; we could have the greatest Sci-Fi of all time. The epic potential is there.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 07:25 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Nolan's Batman...

They are going to be mixing up Captain America, Thor, and Hulk into The Avengers. I'm looking forward to that. Even in separate Marvel films, they are going to be putting in alot of cross-over cameos I believe.

Spider-man 4 has a go ahead I think.

New Robocop in the making I think.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 01:14 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Avatar and District 9 might kickstart sequels...Probably crap cash-ins though.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 04:53 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
^ Team Fortress?

Transfomers....

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 05:29 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Robtard
I do hope so and I've said this before. Have Peter Jackson direct it and spread the first novel into 2-3 parts, as there's a lot to cover. Add a budget to rival the LOTR trilogy; we could have the greatest Sci-Fi of all time. The epic potential is there.

Splitting it into 2 (not 3) parts would work. The fall of House Atreides, and then the revenge House Atreides.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 06:38 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Re: Next big Trilogy or saga?

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
What do you guys think will be the next big sci fi trilogy or saga, or any ideas of what you would like to see.

I compiled a list of film franshises that contain obviuoly multiple films, all with sci fi/fantasy elements. I generally stayed away from DC and Marvel comic movies on the list for 2 reasons:

A) Kind of a category in it self,
B) Subject to multiple remake ex.Batman

Other comic book movie franchises, like TMNT I added, cause I really don't see a new live action turtle movie getting remade anytime soon

What we have now:

Terminator ( 4 movies)
Back to the future (3 movies)
Ghostbusters (2, possibly a 3rd we'll see)
Star wars (6 movies)
Jurassic park (3 Movies)
Indiana jones (4 movies)
Lord of the rings (3, hopefully soon to be more)
Alien & Predator (8 movies)
2001 & 2010 (2, hopefully someday a 3rd one)
Harry potter (going to be 8 or 9?)
The Matrix (3 movies)
Star trek (11 movies)
Pirates of the caribbean (3 movies)
Teenage mutant ninja turtles (3 movies)

I'd say a safe bet the next rilogy would be transformers (assuming if ht e 2nd is succesfull and a 3rd would be made.

- Jurassic park (3 Movies) talk of a 4th
- Lord of the rings (3, hopefully soon to be more) it was a trilogy...and the producing company of the films lost the rights to produce 'The Hobbit' when they committed fraud and mislead the family of JRR Tolkien (they were supposed to get half of all proceeds, but got less than 10% i think)
- Alien & Predator (8 movies) no doubt more to come
- Star trek (11 movies) bound to be more
- Pirates of the caribbean (3 movies) talk of a 4th
- Blade (3 movies) talk of a 4th
- Spider-Man (3 movies, 1 upcoming 2011)
- Saw (5 movies) talk of a 6th
- Resident Evil (3 movies) expected 4th from end of Extinction
- 28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later (2 movies) talk of a 3rd, 28 Months Later

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Last edited by CadoAngelus on Jun 15th, 2009 at 07:40 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 07:38 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Next big Trilogy or saga?

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
- Jurassic park (3 Movies) talk of a 4th
- Lord of the rings (3, hopefully soon to be more) it was a trilogy...and the producing company of the films lost the rights to produce 'The Hobbit' when they committed fraud and mislead the family of JRR Tolkien (they were supposed to get half of all proceeds, but got less than 10% i think)
- Alien & Predator (8 movies) no doubt more to come
- Star trek (11 movies) bound to be more
- Pirates of the caribbean (3 movies) talk of a 4th
- Blade (3 movies) talk of a 4th
- Spider-Man (3 movies, 1 upcoming 2011)
- Saw (5 movies) talk of a 6th
- Resident Evil (3 movies) expected 4th from end of Extinction
- 28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later (2 movies) talk of a 3rd, 28 Months Later

Yeah...Not quite getting the idea of this thread are you?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 09:04 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Re: Re: Re: Next big Trilogy or saga?

Originally posted by jaden101
Yeah...Not quite getting the idea of this thread are you?

oh i got the idea, and i was simply elaborating on the original post...

i cant think of many other films that might become saga's...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 09:33 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Saw isn't a Science Fiction film either. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 10:27 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by MildPossession
Saw isn't a Science Fiction film either. stick out tongue

true that...my bad stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 10:32 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Those Philip Pullman novels , yo(His Dark Materials.)! They'll catch on, I know they will. The Golden Compass was underrated, ahead of it's time. They just have to go through and make The Subtle Knife, then The Amber Spyglass. If you build it, they will come, yo.

And hey, I might be right: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/03/08...ss-be-greenlit/

Nope, you're wrong. The Golden Compass series is kaput. If it does poorly in North America, all other considerations are second.

There was an announcement today about the latest director for CONAN.
Now maybe this could be the next big thing - except the director is Marcus Nispel, hack extraordinaire behind horror remakes (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday The 13th) and Viking actioner 'Pathfinder' sick

That's enough to make me think the series is over before it's started.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 02:51 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Really need someone like Peter Jackson for that Conan movie.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 06:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by roughrider
There was an announcement today about the latest director for CONAN.
Now maybe this could be the next big thing - except the director is Marcus Nispel, hack extraordinaire behind horror remakes (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday The 13th) and Viking actioner 'Pathfinder' sick

The Halloween and Friday 13th franchises are being rebooted, and Rob Zombie has already said he's going to be making the entire halloween series again in his awesome way...

Haven't seen Friday 13th, but it looked like it was intersting, not seen the originals either...apart from Halloween H2O and Jason X which don't really count. They're like, the death of the series'

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 12:23 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
The Halloween and Friday 13th franchises are being rebooted, and Rob Zombie has already said he's going to be making the entire halloween series again in his awesome way...

Haven't seen Friday 13th, but it looked like it was intersting, not seen the originals either...apart from Halloween H2O and Jason X which don't really count. They're like, the death of the series'

confused What do you mean, are being rebooted?

The Nispel-directed Friday the 13th earlier this year WAS the Reboot. And Rob Zombie did his Halloween remake two years ago. And Halloween H2O wasn't last of the series - that was Halloween: Resurrection in 2002. And they all count.

The point still is, I'm not confident at all in Marcus Nispel making CONAN the next big thing.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 04:59 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Halloween, and Halloween H20 are the only ones I like in the series and only ones I own on DVD, Halloween Resurrection was the one that ruined that series, terrible addition.

As for the sequel to The Golden Compass, it's real shame.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 05:01 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Kazenji
Really need someone like Peter Jackson for that Conan movie.

Peter Jackson should do Michael Moorcock's ELRIC OF MELNIBONE - that's a property gone untouched forever; never beyond the rumour stages.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 05:01 PM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by roughrider
confused What do you mean, are being rebooted?

The Nispel-directed Friday the 13th earlier this year WAS the Reboot. And Rob Zombie did his Halloween remake two years ago. And Halloween H2O wasn't last of the series - that was Halloween: Resurrection in 2002. And they all count.

The point still is, I'm not confident at all in Marcus Nispel making CONAN the next big thing.

i know they've already been rebooted, i mean the franchises are being rebooted. Rob Zombie hadn't spoke until about a year ago about directing Halloween 2, and Friday 13th has only just come out on DVD (in England anyways).

And i didnt say H2O was the last of the series, i simply said it was the only of the original series that i've seen...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 06:57 PM