KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Best Uniforms

Which had the best uniform design?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Original Series 4 18.18%
Star Trek: The Motion Picture 1 4.55%
Star Trek II - VI 4 18.18%
Star Trek: The Next Generation 3 13.64%
Star Trek: First Contact - Nemesis 8 36.36%
Enterprise 2 9.09%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best Uniforms
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Best Uniforms

I'm still kind of partial to the uni's used in in the very first film. It was the first step up from the old tunics.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 04:13 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

I've always been partial to the new uniforms that started with First Contact. The black and gray looks more like what a military uniform would look like, I think. After that I'd have to go with the TNG uniforms from season 3-7.

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during an interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2008 07:30 PM
Kinneary is currently offline Click here to Send Kinneary a Private Message Find more posts by Kinneary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I'd have to go with the DS9/movie uniform as first choice, with the II-VI movie uniform in second place.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 06:41 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Best uniforms are from TNG, followed by gray/black ones in DS9

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 07:12 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

The interesting thing about the history of the uni's, is how military-like they should look. Gene Roddenberry was not for the idea that Starfleet represented the military - ST:TMP certainly straddles a feeling of officers & scientists in the look of the uniforms. Roddenberry was put more in the background from then on, though(due to his constant demanding on set & off), and the look was changed by Nicholas Meyer, who felt Starfleet was an intergalactic navy, like it or not.
I was in favour of the change from Generations to First Contact, as those NG uni's looked designed for the brighter light of TV; just like the original series.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 08:21 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dataflux

II - IV for me followed by the Voyager uniforms.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 11:54 PM
Dataflux is currently offline Click here to Send Dataflux a Private Message Find more posts by Dataflux Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like the uniforms in the 3rd or 4th season of the Next Generation, after they got the collars and 86'd the back ground character man skirts. (which I don't think they actually did much after the first few episodes of the 1st season.)

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 03:09 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kinneary
I've always been partial to the new uniforms that started with First Contact. The black and gray looks more like what a military uniform would look like, I think. After that I'd have to go with the TNG uniforms from season 3-7.

thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 01:23 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I like the uniforms from Enterprise.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 01:15 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

ST:FC era uniforms are my favorite. I like the subdued look and militaristic vibe.

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 10:32 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lycanthrope
"Vita Detestabilis"

ST II Wrath of Khan with out a doubt

"To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!" - Khan (reciting Melville)

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 12:13 AM
Lycanthrope is currently offline Click here to Send Lycanthrope a Private Message Find more posts by Lycanthrope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

I liked the red II-IV uniforms. It united the crew a bit more from the different colours of the series. I also liked the section that opened from the shoulder because it was used in a really expressive way in the films.

Remember McCoy ripping the section off and going to get a "cup of black coffee" in TUC or Kirk striding down the corridor doing up the uniform before facing Khan again. Just minor things of course but they all help the films in different ways.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 10:37 AM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote