KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » FIREFLY - Wayward Bound (Game Thread)

FIREFLY - Wayward Bound (Game Thread)
Started by: Aliies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blockhead

Redge knocked at the door frame to which the young man and woman were carrying the mess of a drunk man. Redge had begun to sober up.

'Excuse me Miss, Sir. I hear you were on the lookout for a crew. Please forgive my drunken state, I too am looking for a crew to serve. I may not seem like it, but I'm quite handy with the technical and mechanical aspects of any boat I can get my oily hands on. I figure we've got more luck of finding a crew together. I'd shake you both by the hand, but with my hands and in this state I wouldn't recommend it.'

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2008 07:15 PM
Blockhead is currently offline Click here to Send Blockhead a Private Message Find more posts by Blockhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

A loud obnoxious snore reminded everyone around him that he hadn't died just jet, Jacques shifted his position and fell soundly off the chair, landing head first on the floor.

"Ohharrrii'll doeetlater..." he mumbled with a start, lifting his head and looking around at all the curious blurs that stood around him.
Having no clue as to where he was, the hungover man asked without a pause and in quite a commanding tone (Or for at least how commanding a drunkard can be) "What are you doing on my ship?"

He then snarled in pain to feel his neck on fire again, letting his head slump back down to the ground, trying to stay awake while furiously trying to get his eyes to work...

The Captain was never any good at multitasking...

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Last edited by Aliies on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2008 11:24 PM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boiled_egg

Moving over toward the now semi-lucid drunkard sprawled on the floor, Maggie spoke over her shoulder at the man in her doorway, "I agree with you there, and as soon as this man is back to health I'll be happy to join you too in persuit of the Captain." She kneeled beside the man with a small bottle in her hand, taking a cloth from the back of the chair and applying some of the ointment to the small bump on his head, "Take it easy my friend, you're not on your ship. You're at my lodgings..." She paused, "I'm Magdelene..." She smiled slightly, hoping that he could atleast register that much.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 02:01 AM
boiled_egg is currently offline Click here to Send boiled_egg a Private Message Find more posts by boiled_egg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shad0w_Frost

"Aye.. "
Dom Smiled and took a step back, Awaiting the response of the drunkard on the floor.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 06:58 AM
Shad0w_Frost is currently offline Click here to Send Shad0w_Frost a Private Message Find more posts by Shad0w_Frost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

"Buh..." was his response as he feebly attempted at finding his feet, failing miserably and falling heavily onto Mag as he tried to lean on her.

"I believe that another drink is in order..." he mumbled, looking at the blur of a woman he was currently smothering with a dumbass smile.

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 01:15 PM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boiled_egg

Maggie propped herself with one leg to help support the extra weight, her brow furrowed but her mouth formed into a smile, "Perhaps not..." She replied with a slick tone to her voice as she glanced at Dom, "Help me get him to the bed will you?"

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 02:35 PM
boiled_egg is currently offline Click here to Send boiled_egg a Private Message Find more posts by boiled_egg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shad0w_Frost

Dom rushed to help lift the man up off of Maggie and get him into bed.
"Yes Ma'am"

Last edited by Shad0w_Frost on Sep 23rd, 2008 at 02:41 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 02:38 PM
Shad0w_Frost is currently offline Click here to Send Shad0w_Frost a Private Message Find more posts by Shad0w_Frost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boiled_egg

Maggie's smile resounded to her eyes, everyone here seemed to show some sort of respect toward her, even a drunkard who couldn't stand straight. In her heart she knew this' where she was needed and all the 'signs' pointed to the same direction which almost bought a tear to her eye.

Moving with Dom and the drunkard to the bed, she helped to set the man down, covering him with a thin blanket and glancing at the two lucid men, "Hungry?"

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 02:55 PM
Shad0w_Frost

"Why yes ma'am, i wouldn't mind a bite"

He couldn't remember the last time he had a good meal.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 03:14 PM
Blockhead

'Why, thank you kindly miss! Money's been tight ever since my old ship stopped flying. Captain's son died. He was heart-broken, couldn't command another ship in his life. So everyone just left, including me. Hey, um, you wouldn't happen to have any whiskey would you?' Said Redge, slowly pacing around the room.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 07:11 PM
Blockhead is currently offline Click here to Send Blockhead a Private Message Find more posts by Blockhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boiled_egg

Maggie shook her head at the question, "I don't drink...alcohol that is." She replied as she made her way through the small corridor and ushered the two to follow her, "Come on."

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 11:52 PM
Blockhead

Redge stumbled through the small corridor, propping himself up against the wall with his hand for support. There was now a series of faint, dark handprints now running along the side of one of Maggie's walls. The pattern was quite interesting, but Redge hadn't noticed at all.

'Ah, that's ok, miss. I should stop drinking for the night anyway. Thanks again for the hospitality.' He said.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 11:57 PM
boiled_egg

Maggie smiled over her shoulder as she entered the small kitchen which had a small table and two chairs, "Take a seat." She offered as she moved around the kitchen collecting what she had to offer and turning on the gas, lighting it and placing a pan over the small lot of fire burning from the plate.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2008 12:00 AM
Blockhead

Redge sat down one of the seats slowly, the chair creaking under his weight.

'Cozy place you have here, miss. Have you been here long?' He said. He seemed to be sobering up pretty fast, the sign of a frequent and heavy drinker, but not the kind that passed out.... At least most of the time. 'Oh, I forgot to mention my name! Redge, Redge Smith is my name, boat sinking? I'm to blame! Heh, that's my little joke I have with my name and my job and.... I'm sorry, I'm getting carried away.'

Old Post Sep 24th, 2008 12:13 AM
boiled_egg

Maggie smiled and chuckled a little, glancing over from the stove-top to Redge, "Im Madgeline...or better known as Shepherd around this little area. I've been here close to 7 months now I think and I have a feeling I'll be leaving as soon as this Captain's located."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2008 12:16 AM
Shad0w_Frost

Dom walked in quietly and took a seat. Nodding at the 2

Old Post Sep 24th, 2008 12:21 AM
Blockhead

'Shepard you say? A woman of God? I've seen my fair share of belief and what it can do. It can be a powerful ally or a dangerous foe.' He sighed, leaning back on the chair slightly and stroking his beard. 'As for me, I've been out of a job for 3 weeks now. Like I said, Captain's son died and his crew died out with him.'

Redge noticed the other man sit in the adjacent chair. 'And what about you, Sir? You haven't said much. Tell us about yourself.'

Old Post Sep 24th, 2008 12:28 AM
boiled_egg

Maggie nodded and added a small pinch of unmarked spices to the ingredients in the pan, setting the small pouch aside and turning down the heat before adding a liquid to the mix and wiping her hands on a small cloth dangling from the back of her belt.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2008 12:31 AM
Shad0w_Frost

Dom Paused for a moment, feeling the scar on his face.

"...I used to be somewhat of a soldier, fought in a few wars here and there. Then i got into some interesting... *grinning slyly* import, export, trade deals at times. I'm an opportunist, so to speak."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2008 05:28 AM
Wavemaninawe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingDubya
Lee Chao Zhi had recently shut down his local office. It was on a simple whim, as many of his actions were these days. He had seen a tattered, old advertisement that reminded him a lot of a certain tattered, old Chinese man asking for crew members for a ship. Deciding it would be fun, exploring the black and all the known and unknown places out there, he set out for the ship's location.

On his arrival, he saw a man sitting on a crate, reading a bible. Lee quickly assumed the man was the captain of the ship, seeing as he was the only one in the ship's proximity, and proceeded to ask, "You are the one looking for crew members, yes?" He felt that he looked perfectly presentable, with his gnarled wooden cane that he only kept to make him look slightly more dignified and his tropical shirt that contrasted completely with the drab metal and shipping crates around him.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Outbound
Khang looked up from his bible as a strange old man approached him. The man seemed harmless enough, although Khang thought he looked slightly odd in his colorful shirt, given the surroundings.

"Ah...no, I'm sorry, I don't own the ship. I'm not sure who does, haven't seen anyone 'round here for weeks now. Thought I'd stop by in case someone actually turned up."

He stood up slowly and placed his bible back within his robes.

"I don't think I've seen you 'round here before. Name's Khang", he reached his arm out to greet the stranger.

The shipyard was a fascinating collage of mechanical constructs. Romantic pilots and mechanics could often be found here, wandering around while admiring the inherent beauty of the ships that only they could see. Goins felt that it helped to put his mind at ease... at least for the moment.

The post run was already settled. It had gone to another hungry skyjock and the next wasn't due until the following month. There was still a slight chance to find someone hiring crew. A helmsman's position was out of the question. The pilot would usually be the first crew member a captain went looking for. With at least a passing knowledge of engines, Goins hoped that he could hustle a job as a mechanic from someone gullible enough. By the time his lacking competence became obvious he should have earned the first pay. Enough to keep him floating for another month if planned well.

At the moment, things didn't look very comforting. Most ships were locked down. The few that were open were taking passengers and cargo which meant that their crews were full. One recruiter stood in front of a boat with a clip board. Goins recognized him as a gangland strong arm who frequented Nyamko's pub. "Wrong boat... his people 're bad news". Goins changed lines.

A Firefly class was locked but had 2 people sitting in front, talking. By the looks of their body language they were discussing the boat. "Crew would've access to the interior... passengers wouldn't bother come here unless was time for departure... recruits?" Goins decided to listen in on their conversation and made a wide turn behind the Firefly with enough distance to remain inconspicuous.

Last edited by Wavemaninawe on Sep 25th, 2008 at 09:55 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 09:47 PM
Wavemaninawe is currently offline Click here to Send Wavemaninawe a Private Message Find more posts by Wavemaninawe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote