KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » FIREFLY - Wayward Bound (Game Thread)

FIREFLY - Wayward Bound (Game Thread)
Started by: Aliies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
boiled_egg
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: Where ever the sun is shining

Maggie smiled and nodded, looking to the two other men and then around her for the most direct exit as she questioned her new Captain, "So I'm guessing we're making our way to the docks?" It just occured to her then that it was pouring with rain and that she still had her half apron on.
Stripping off the apron, she then she ripped off the sleeves of her now slightly clinging shirt, thrusting one peice of torn fabric into her belt so that it was hanging unceremoniously from her side and the other; wrapped around her forehead as she pushed the hair out of her eyes.

Last edited by boiled_egg on Oct 13th, 2008 at 04:14 AM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 04:12 AM
boiled_egg is currently offline Click here to Send boiled_egg a Private Message Find more posts by boiled_egg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Aliies
Her eyes narrowed, nodding slightly, but that wasn't the end of it.
"You know its law to carry your Idents on you at all times, especially at the docks."


"Either way, allow me to escort you to your ship then, sir... To verify your story, if anything" the woman had stopped completely in her concern for the rain, the others weren't so willing but followed orders as the drench intensified.

------


Khang stood idly by, not quite sure what this strange newcomer was up to exactly, but the Feds had turned their attention away at least. The rain was coming down pretty hard, and it was a fair walk back to his home. He dragged one of the smaller crates up near the docking ramp, the nose of the ship was far enough to keep him out of the rain for now. It wasn't exactly the most comfortable place to be, but it was better than being escorted away by the Feds.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 11:52 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wavemaninawe
Member

Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere in the West Indies

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Aliies
[B]Her eyes narrowed, nodding slightly, but that wasn't the end of it.
"You know its law to carry your Idents on you at all times, especially at the docks."


"Either way, allow me to escort you to your ship then, sir... To verify your story, if anything" the woman had stopped completely in her concern for the rain, the others weren't so willing but followed orders as the drench intensified.


"Thank you officer and apologies for the trouble. Might have been a touch foolish of me to hand over my documents. Seemed such an upstanding fellow. Thought I could manage without them for a few hours. Sorry, I'm rambling...please, lead the way"

It seemed like she at least partially bought his bluff, which was good. On the other hand she was now trying to trick him, which was bad. Either way, there was still time for a miracle.

Goins followed.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 10:02 PM
Wavemaninawe is currently offline Click here to Send Wavemaninawe a Private Message Find more posts by Wavemaninawe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

Gender: Male
Location: South Australia

As a testament to his sheer resiliance, the captain tripped and fell as he tried to unceremoniously climb down on the escape railings, falling two stories into a large pile of something best left undescribed. (Hint: a form of natural fertilizer))

The rain masked the smell he now wore, getting up and giggling madly as he heard his surprise blow up literally in the pursuing officer's faces; a nice primed can of tear gas...

"It is my opinion, and I could be drastically wrong here but I feel that Persephone is not the best place for me at the moment..." he called over the rain hoping that the others could keep up even in the torrential downpour, it was a fair hike and the mud of the dirt path wasn't helping..

--------

Two of the officers, the ones with the itchy trigger fingers walked in line behind Goins after the Federal whipsered a few quick orders to her associates. It was her full intention to allow Goins as much leeway as a lion in a cage at the moment, she had a strong hunch that his cocky accented voice along with the attempted suave manner meant that he was an illegal immigrant here, or an unlisted smuggler. Either way with two stun-rifle barrels mere inches from his back he would have to think rather fast considering her two assigned men were jumpy recruits.

"Which ship did you say sir?" gesturing towards the open port, in the darkness and the pouring rain there was nothing but the bleak sihllouettes of the numerous vessels as they approched.

Here we'll see just how prepared he is, she thought wickedly to herself.


__________________
Mal: "Well, if anyone gets nosey... You know... Shoot em' "

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 08:10 AM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boiled_egg
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: Where ever the sun is shining

Maggie's eyebrow rose slightly, "Then where do you suggest we go?" She replied over the increasing downpour and as she spoke her mind began to run over the limited possibilites that she knew of in the immediate vicinity.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 10:01 AM
boiled_egg is currently offline Click here to Send boiled_egg a Private Message Find more posts by boiled_egg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

Gender: Male
Location: South Australia

"How else does one get off of a planet..." he said in the midst of another sporadic giggle, still thinking of how much it hurt landing in that dung pile, it made him laugh, "My ship, in the docks!"

Federal hovercar sirens wailed in the distance, growing closer.

"Aww gimme a break... It was only a few reactor rods, not like I... killed the crew, geez" he muttered to himself as he continued to run.


__________________
Mal: "Well, if anyone gets nosey... You know... Shoot em' "

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 12:11 PM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockhead
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: England

Redge followed the rather unlucky Captain's lead, still grumbling to himself and completely ignoring the mud and squelching through it without a care in the world.


__________________
Ask me for info about a Warhammer 40K forum or a new, modern RP forum, cuz the links fail!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 06:35 PM
Blockhead is currently offline Click here to Send Blockhead a Private Message Find more posts by Blockhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shad0w_Frost
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Under your bed....

Dom grinned as he quietly followed them and kept an eye out for the feds.
He enjoyed this heavy rain, figured where he was goin he probably wouldn't feel it again anytime soon.


__________________

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 11:30 PM
Shad0w_Frost is currently offline Click here to Send Shad0w_Frost a Private Message Find more posts by Shad0w_Frost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boiled_egg
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: Where ever the sun is shining

Maggie continued along with the rest of the men, dodging a few sleeping characters and numerous stumbling drunks as the small group weaved through the back streets, making their way as quickly as physically possible toward the docks and their escape.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 01:05 AM
boiled_egg is currently offline Click here to Send boiled_egg a Private Message Find more posts by boiled_egg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wavemaninawe
Member

Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere in the West Indies

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Aliies


Two of the officers, the ones with the itchy trigger fingers walked in line behind Goins after the Federal whipsered a few quick orders to her associates. It was her full intention to allow Goins as much leeway as a lion in a cage at the moment, she had a strong hunch that his cocky accented voice along with the attempted suave manner meant that he was an illegal immigrant here, or an unlisted smuggler. Either way with two stun-rifle barrels mere inches from his back he would have to think rather fast considering her two assigned men were jumpy recruits.

"Which ship did you say sir?" gesturing towards the open port, in the darkness and the pouring rain there was nothing but the bleak sihllouettes of the numerous vessels as they approched.

Here we'll see just how prepared he is, she thought wickedly to herself.


Goins didn't need to track the 2 officers with his eyes as they dropped behind. The exchanged glances with the commander and the distance they kept was enough tell him that they moved into firing positions. There was still too much open space to attempt running. He would somehow need to get the commander between himself and those guns in order to make a break for it. With her still beside him there wasn't really any options.

Instead he glanced through the port for an instant. The shadows were thick and the rows of ships were parked quite close to each other. The troopers would have to consider the risk of friendly fire in the dark. An issue he himself had no concern with. "If only I hadn't done pawned my gorram pistol... if only I'd bothered learn to use it properly" Goins thought and then caught himself "still 4 them and 1 you, stupid... just run".

He looked back at the Fed stoically and curled a faint smile. "Spotted Owl's the name. Please, lead the way."

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 11:44 PM
Wavemaninawe is currently offline Click here to Send Wavemaninawe a Private Message Find more posts by Wavemaninawe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

Gender: Male
Location: South Australia

The officer was about to scoff, believing that 'spotted owl' was the worst example of an improvised nick name until the dead of night was broken by a shrill gunshot and wailing sirens in the distance.

Her comms and those of her fellow officers sounded in for the arrest of a tall, gaunt man wanted for illegal salvage and inspection-dodging, now for the attack of two Federal marshals.
They decided to ignore Goins and leave him to the drenching rain all alone, moving in towards the entry-ramps a couple of hundred meters away at a sprint.

-----------

Jacques was already clear of the ramps, the marshalls ran straight passed him and the others without realizing as the captain closed the distance to his ship, skidding to a halt to see the two others taking refuge in the shade of his ship's forward section.

"New recruits? get onboard!" at that moment he didnt really care who or what they were, it was obvious they were waiting for him by the entrance of his ship which still lay open.

Inside the Lorinda it was dank, smelly and dark; at least a few many months of use and no cleaning despite being opened all this time, a few items from the hangar bay had been stolen by oppourunists but nothing truly of value was gone...

Aside from one the two mule-bikes that had lain dormant.
As everyone scrambled on board, Jax turned and hit the controls to seal the doors; a hideous squeal of poorly lubricated slides made the operation painfully slow, it would take a minute that he might not have seeign as the sirens drew closer.


__________________
Mal: "Well, if anyone gets nosey... You know... Shoot em' "

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 12:16 PM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boiled_egg
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: Where ever the sun is shining

Maggie straightened up and allowed her breath to calm itself before turning to glance at each of her new 'crew-mates' before undoing her hair and letting it fall around her face.
She turned to Jacques, "Probably a good idea for us to leave...don't you think so?" Her tone was suggesting that of almost sarcasm, what with the hasty boarding of the dingy ship.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 12:22 PM
boiled_egg is currently offline Click here to Send boiled_egg a Private Message Find more posts by boiled_egg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockhead
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: England

Redge said nothing and proceeded immediatly to see the state the engine was in.

"Wo bu shin wo dah yan jing! It's a wonder this boat can even take off!" He announced as he took in an eyeful of the patched up, shakey engine. Redge walked up to a mic in the engine room and spoke into it. "I'll be tryin' to keep us from explodin', don't ya be mindin' my own." He spoke, as he took out a spanner and began fully inspecting the engine.


__________________
Ask me for info about a Warhammer 40K forum or a new, modern RP forum, cuz the links fail!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 07:35 PM
Blockhead is currently offline Click here to Send Blockhead a Private Message Find more posts by Blockhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wavemaninawe
Member

Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere in the West Indies

Goins blew a sigh of relief. This was hardly the first time he had been faced with bad company but locking horns with the Feds was usually quite a suicidal past time. At least unless you had a personal army to present your point of view.

He studied the familiar motley crew that scrambled on board the raggedy Firefly and considered the option. "Know nothing about those people... might actually be worse than the feds. Although they did help that drunk, suggests they're decent folks. Then again... same drunk is now leading them. Goins sighed again... turned his head one last time towards the town, listened to the approaching sirens and then walked up the ramp at a swift pace. "Any chance no matter how small... Persephone is too hot at the moment and I don't have the means to cover my hide here."

Goins in his usual subtle fashion came in from the rain and straight up to Jax face. "We seem to have a common interest..."

Last edited by Wavemaninawe on Nov 10th, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 10:42 PM
Wavemaninawe is currently offline Click here to Send Wavemaninawe a Private Message Find more posts by Wavemaninawe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shad0w_Frost
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Under your bed....

Dom rushed aboard the ship with the others.


__________________

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 11:37 PM
Shad0w_Frost is currently offline Click here to Send Shad0w_Frost a Private Message Find more posts by Shad0w_Frost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

Khang could see now was no time for questions, as the bizarre mix of people hurried into the ship. He followed them in and prepared himself for what seemed like another interesting adventure.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 08:41 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

Gender: Male
Location: South Australia

"If that common interest is running gorram-heck outta here then by all means!" the squeal of the door finally closing pierced his ears, forcing him to stick a finger in one to deaden the sound.

"Awwright, lets get moiving!" he raced up to the bridge, bouncing off the rails and walls as he went, settling down into the chair and strapping up, the engines began to vibrate hazardously into life.

"ETA to takeoff, two minutes thirty! Can you speed that up a little?" he called in to Redge.


__________________
Mal: "Well, if anyone gets nosey... You know... Shoot em' "

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 02:24 AM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boiled_egg
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: Where ever the sun is shining

Maggie jogged behind the captain and glanced about, "You need some that can read a map?" She asked just after he'd raised his voice at the mechanic.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 02:52 AM
boiled_egg is currently offline Click here to Send boiled_egg a Private Message Find more posts by boiled_egg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shad0w_Frost
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Under your bed....

Dom strolled about,perfectly relaxed and memorizing the ship's layout.
He pulled half assembled gun parts out of his pack as he walked, Snapping them together without even looking, He assembled his assault rifle and loaded it with ammo.


__________________

Last edited by Shad0w_Frost on Nov 12th, 2008 at 03:26 AM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 03:22 AM
Shad0w_Frost is currently offline Click here to Send Shad0w_Frost a Private Message Find more posts by Shad0w_Frost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boiled_egg
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: Where ever the sun is shining

Maggie glanced back at Dom and a small smile graced her features.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 03:37 AM
boiled_egg is currently offline Click here to Send boiled_egg a Private Message Find more posts by boiled_egg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 04:59 PM.
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » FIREFLY - Wayward Bound (Game Thread)

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.