KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Dune

Dune
Started by: CC001

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by focus4chumps
i nominate tommy flanagan as gurney halleck:

Not bad at all.

Though Picard could probably still pull it off again.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 06:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

he was poorly cast. it was written over and over that gurney is not pretty.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 07:03 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

(please log in to view the image)

Picard is both amused and flattered that you find him pretty.

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 22nd, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 10:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

For an EPIC Dune film???

A combination of Ron Fricke and Zach Snyder for cinematography, David Fincher, Frank Miller, Darren Aronofsky, and Terrence Malick as directors, and a miraculous score composed by the combined methods of Philip Glass, Clint Mansell, Michael Stearns and Alexandre Desplat with heavy emphasis on the original film's Director's Cut, at times implementing the Chronos Quartet for that eery scraping scratching of the violins, and utilizing that wind up to the chaos for slower, ominous, forboding parts adapted from Frank Herbet's novel.

I think Elijah Wood would be the best pick for Paul Atreides. He begins as a very small young boy, very much like Elijah Wood in physicality. And for The Beast Rabban!? TOM HARDY!!!

And for his Harkonen Antagonist, the Bane of the Kwisatz Haderach?? Ohhh, tough one. I'll have to think. Feyd Harkonen has to be good looking like a gorgeous boy, but crazy, animalistic, hostile, makes you uneasy. A lean mean machine like Brad Pitt in Fight Club. I just can't think of a better person for Feyd Rautha than Brad Pitt.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Feb 22nd, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 11:14 PM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

After you're done paying those 10 people, you'd have about 30-35% of your budget left for your movie. Actors, settings, SFX, crew etc. etc. etc. Also, four directors? Sounds like a conflict in the making. I'd go with Peter Jackson myself.

Tom Hardy would need to bulk and fatten himself out. He might be too old. Overall not a terrible cast though.

Brad Pitt is going on 50, he's way too old to play Feyd. I'd use Charlie Hunnam for Feyd.

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 23rd, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 12:22 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I'd use Charlie Hunnam for Feyd.

That I'd agree with. thumb up

No, the idea of a director and cinematographer is they have to make their own film themselves. I meant as in one or two of these directors, their style. Obviously the money won't allow 4 major directors. I'd have to do some research, watch some films to choose less of them.

These directors represent the overall direction I'd like from an adaptation, as do the actors, the composers, as well as the cinematrographers, who really put it all into appealing to the senses, which is why I prefer film form over book form in the first place.

David Fincher is definately the one I would pick for Dune first.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Feb 23rd, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 12:29 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here's a more complete list of what I'd want for Dune.

Director: David Fincher (Fight Club, Alien 3)
Screenplay: Terrence Malek (Badlands, Days of Heaven, The Thin Red Line)
Music Composer: Philip Glass (Watchmen, Koyaanisqatsi)
Cinematographer: Ron Fricke (Chronos, Baracka, Samsara)
Film Editor: Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen, Man of Steel)
Art Direction: H.R. Giger (The Alien series)
Stunts Coordinator, Fights Choreographer: Jess Imada (The Bourne Supremecy, The Bourne Ultimatum)

Last edited by KillaKassara on Feb 23rd, 2013 at 01:18 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 01:09 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Why H.R. Giger for Dune? He's known for his techno-organic style.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 01:22 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's known for his techno-organic style.

Exaclty.

And I meant Jeff Imada for fight coreographer.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 01:25 AM
Mindset

I can't imagine seeing Elijah Wood fighting like Paul.

He's the size of a little kid.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 01:51 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindset
I can't imagine seeing Elijah Wood fighting like Paul.

He's the size of a little kid.

That's the thing. Real life situations don't always go to the stronger or faster person. The thing about Dune is that they rely on superhuman perception, senses, and thinking processes to overcome situations in which they lack strength or speed in a knife fight.

In the book Paul is smaller than Feyd, marginally, by Frank Herbert's description. Yet he wins the battle. That is what makes the Kwisatz Haderach so neat.

In Sin City Elijah's character Kevin is described as a killer born, for Marv, a huge man, he was too quite, too quick.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 02:09 AM
Mindset

Yes, I've read the book.

Yes, I've seen Sin City.

Midget Elijah as Paul is shit imo.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 02:16 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindset
Yes, I've read the book.

Yes, I've seen Sin City.

Midget Elijah as Paul is shit imo.

Why are you telling me this?

You don't like my opinion, and I honestly don't give a shit.

If you haven't already, make your own ****ing list.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 02:18 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by Dolos
Why are you telling me this?

You don't like my opinion, and I honestly don't give a shit.

If you haven't already, make your own ****ing list.
You're the one who started replying to me.

Anyway, this is a discussion board where we discuss our opinions, don't be so butthurt that I disagree with you.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 02:22 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Elijah Wood might be better off playing Paul in the beginning, because he does have a chipmunk voice, I actually think it'd be better if they switched actors to, actually Henry Cavill....who I could definately see as an adult Muad'dib.

The problem is, I don't see him as a 15 year-old either. In the original Dune film there was a long time spent narrated, that could be like a "years later" type thing.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 02:26 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Exaclty.

I don't recall technology in Dune being techno-organic.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 02:32 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Elijah Wood might be better off playing Paul in the beginning, because he does have a chipmunk voice, I actually think it'd be better if they switched actors to, actually Henry Cavill....who I could definately see as an adult Muad'dib.

The problem is, I don't see him as a 15 year-old either. In the original Dune film there was a long time spent narrated, that could be like a "years later" type thing.

Elijah Wood is 32; Henry Cavill is 29.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 02:34 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Elijah Wood is 32; Henry Cavill is 29.

Genetics, right?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 02:34 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Genetics, right?

What I am saying is, I don't see 32(will be older when they start filming) year old Elijah Wood playing child/young adult Paul Atreides.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 02:38 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Picard is both amused and flattered that you find him pretty.

herp derp etc

and speaking of tywin, there is my nomination for emperor shaddam

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 03:12 AM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote