KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Dune

Dune
Started by: CC001

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
What I am saying is, I don't see 32(will be older when they start filming) year old Elijah Wood playing child/young adult Paul Atreides.

(please log in to view the image)

Are you Robtarded or something??

You say he can't pass for a 15 year-old, and yet in the picture you choose to provide he looks like a ****ing 15 year old. laughing

Thanks for proving my point. Elijah would play the best inquisitive you Paul Atreides, and Henry Cavill would play the best warrior Emperor Muad'dib.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 04:23 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah and then for sequels when he's supposed to be older he's still look weird man-childish. naa

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 04:51 AM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by focus4chumps
yeeeeah im gonna go ahead and call bullshit on that.

http://www.arbookfind.com/default.aspx

Boy, don't you feel dumb, now. smile

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 07:05 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

caught in a lie and all you have is a link proving the book is sold by a book supply store.

tell me, did you have to write a book report including the infamous duncan/honored matre sex duel? (that was, after all, one of the central plot twists of the book) did you have to read in front of the class about murbella's uncontrolled and helplessly abandond gushing of clam lube? when you were 13? lol

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 08:21 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

caught in a lie and all you have is a link proving the book is sold by a book supply store.

tell me, did you have to write a book report including the infamous duncan/honored matre sex duel? (that was, after all, one of the central plot twists of the book) did you have to read in front of the class about murbella's uncontrolled and helplessly abandond gushing of clam lube? when you were 13? lol

I think you jumped the gun there, broseph. Review that link one more time. Let me know if the light-bulb comes on.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 08:45 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

you claimed that you "had to" read the books in middle school; not that you chose to.

you clearly were not required to read it.

so, you lied. smile

Last edited by focus4chumps on Feb 23rd, 2013 at 08:55 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 08:50 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I read the books (or rather, had to, in middle school[...]

smile

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 08:52 PM
dadudemon

smile

Originally posted by dadudemon
http://www.arbookfind.com/default.aspx

Boy, don't you feel dumb, now. smile

But, it looks like you're trying to play a word game now that you're troll-fest was destroyed. Too bad...not gonna happen.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 08:54 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

im not disbelieving that you chose to read heretics of dune. i chose to read hustler.

you clearly said you had to. you are the one playing word games to cover up a lie. no middle school would require that book for reading. dance more.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 08:56 PM
dadudemon

im not disbelieving that you chose to read heretics of dune. i chose to read hustler.

you clearly said you had to. you are the one playing word games to cover up a lie.

You can choose to believe that means I was required to read, specifically, the dune series to try and make a fail point. That's just dumb, however.

I was required to read 100 AR points worth of books. I had no choice or I would fail the literature class in 8th grade.

Now try harder to troll: it's hilarious watching you rage.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 08:58 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

if you stop lying, you wont have anything like this to get mad about. embarrasment but ok lets drop it. you've embarrassed yourself enough.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 09:03 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Hmmmmm seems you're right: I dont believe it, also.

Just saw this.

If that's true, then why is it part of the AR Curriculum for which kids can take tests? Why do schools participate in the AR Program and approve them for use? I don't know of any colleges using the AR program.

Why are multiple formerly banned books on the AR Curriculum list? Some of them controversial...

if you stop lying, you wont have anything like this to get mad about. embarrasment but ok lets drop it. you've embarrassed yourself enough.

That's my line: you've thrown a fit because your realize I was right. I read it, as part of required reading, in middle school. I took and passed tests from a highly reputable program used for reading programs in schools.

Deal with it. You were wrong. Move on.

Would you like to call up my middle school teacher to confirm this? I mean, this is the level of trolling you're getting into, now.

Edit - I'm smarter than you: deal with it. smile

Double edit - You're gonna shit yourself when I tell you I read the first 4 books of the Vampire Chronicles in the 7th grade. Again, required reading to pass the class.

Last edited by dadudemon on Feb 23rd, 2013 at 09:13 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 09:09 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Dolos
Are you Robtarded or something??

You say he can't pass for a 15 year-old, and yet in the picture you choose to provide he looks like a ****ing 15 year old. laughing

Thanks for proving my point. Elijah would play the best inquisitive you Paul Atreides, and Henry Cavill would play the best warrior Emperor Muad'dib.

Listen, you made a poor statement due to not fully thinking it out, it's okay, no need to prance about.

While younger looking than his 32 years, Wood doesn't look 15, stop acting like a wounded dunce.

Derp?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 23rd, 2013 at 09:31 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 09:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

he has a soft round face imho where atreides men are supposed to have some of those "hawk-like features" (see tywin lannister)

there is nothing about elija wood that says "emperor"

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 10:43 PM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

He could pass for 15, you Robtard. Are you kidding me??? Especially in a movie.

I mean, this dude is 15.

Elijah just has that baby face, and while I don't see him maintaining it after he gets wrinkles, his face is still not looking that aged AT ALL. He always looked like a kid.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Feb 23rd, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 11:22 PM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

I dont know about 15. With the Scruff he looks in his late teens. If he cleans up a bit I can see 15 but borderline.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2013 02:07 AM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

So we all agree ddm is a liar.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 24th, 2013 02:20 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

embarrasment yeah but i'm sure he's learned his lesson now. lets be nice about it smile

Old Post Feb 24th, 2013 05:45 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Dolos
He could pass for 15, you Robtard. Are you kidding me??? Especially in a movie.

I mean, this dude is 15.

Elijah just has that baby face, and while I don't see him maintaining it after he gets wrinkles, his face is still not looking that aged AT ALL. He always looked like a kid.

No, he could not pass for well under half his age. With shitloads of make up and/or CGI, sure. What's the point of that though then if he's just to play a 15 year old Paul and nothing else later. Just get a decent teen actor to begin with.

That kid looks a lot younger than Eijah Wood.

Stop.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 24th, 2013 at 06:15 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2013 06:13 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

remember excalibur (80's)? that was imho was a great age transition. i dont need him to look 15. whats important is how he looks as muad'dib, having had a son and turned into the ultimate ninja prescient killing machine (and again looks like a proper atreides).

robtard, whats the big deal about if he's 15 or not? why so forgiving on turning 8-10y/o ender into 15, but so strict for dune?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2013 06:31 AM